Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Whenever I would play the PS2 version of AC after having been playing strictly arcade only for a year, I always can tell the speed difference immediately. Since I have been playing the PS3 version, I have not noticed any difference between PS3 and arcade game speed. I have not done any actual tests, but it feels just like arcade speed (which IMO is great).

epic! i can't wait to play this on ps3 when the NA version comes out. ive only played GG on the arcade once and i could actually hit FRCs alot. whereas the ps2 version it was like a 50% thing. :/

This is just a random question, but why did eddie drop to mid tier? I understand why testament went down, but Eddie not so much. It's really hard to imagine someone who can put you in 4 mixups and unblockable setups to go down so much.

IIRC Blazblue had a bit of frame difference between both console.

The Xbox version ran 2 frames faster.

Matt Coma also mentioned that the Xbox version of P4U had different "timing".

I wouldn't know how to confirm it though.

Just throwing that out there.

Never heard/read that until now. It must really be thrown out randomly, I played BB on PS3 and Box and never felt a difference.

This is just a random question, but why did eddie drop to mid tier? I understand why testament went down, but Eddie not so much. It's really hard to imagine someone who can put you in 4 mixups and unblockable setups to go down so much.

- He lost puddle unblockable, which now combos instead for less damage.

- 6p got its dizzy mod nerfed so it's not worth it to do while the opponent is in the puddle. This makes puddle combos less about damage(see above) and dizzying, and more about meter gain.

- He got a increase to the time it takes for mini-ed to spawn back after mini-ed dies.

- If you unsummon mini-ed, it takes more time for mini-ed meter to fill.

- no more nobiru corner combos with SG since nobiru doesn't hit sliding opponents (not sure if this one is true, since this was from the loketest. i don't think i've seen anyone do this though)

- higher recovery on FB drill and can't combo afterwards

- only 1st hit of FB drill is low. Whereas before it was the first 2 hits that were low, making it easier to block.

I think there might be more, but can't remember off the top of my head.

Overall, the point was to nerf him so he wouldn't be as dominate as before. They gave him back some stuff, like FB exhaustion giving a full ed meter and his reload style summon. However, it doesn't really compensate much for the nerfs, which were necessary.

Edited by dehumanizer

The changes aren't that excessive. What I believe most people forget is that the game was balanced in AC as it was and that means that players already learned to counter Eddie, now if you add the nerfs you can immediately see how a what used to be a gigantic advantage in 2007 into something that is on equal level with the rest of the cast.

Yamanaka's tweeter mentioned a patch was coming (ver 1.01). I can't read Japanese but I imagine it is to fix the netplay issues? Can anyone check it out and translate please? I'm on a phone atm. -_-

Also, while I still wait for this to hit PSN worldwide, I'll be playing SF Alpha 2 on GOG. It just got released!

He explicitly said the patch was for the arcade version. It's bug fixes and minor balance tweaks we're not yet fully aware of. It's going into loketesting soon.

No comments have been made about the netplay by any official source.

PSN maintenance and various bureaucratic issues prevented it, it seems. It's pretty clear they've never done a release like this, I'd cut 'em a little slack.

You know, with all the ways we have on PC of getting products to market you'd think Consoles would take advantage of some of them ASAP.

Anyways, I'm sad that I'm missing out on some play versus you guys but I benefit from being paitent and finding other things to clear up in life. Maybe that'll help my mindset, who knows?

IIRC Blazblue had a bit of frame difference between both console.

The Xbox version ran 2 frames faster.

Matt Coma also mentioned that the Xbox version of P4U had different "timing".

I wouldn't know how to confirm it though.

Just throwing that out there.

As someone who has played both versions i have to say that at least for me i don't notice any difference between both, the same for BB, plus from what i read of people who played the console version and the arcade version, there wasn't any notable difference for them as well

PSN maintenance and various bureaucratic issues prevented it, it seems. It's pretty clear they've never done a release like this, I'd cut 'em a little slack.

I guess that's understandable. We've all waited this long, I guess a couple more weeks or a month is really a drop in the pond

You know, with all the ways we have on PC of getting products to market you'd think Consoles would take advantage of some of them ASAP.

Anyways, I'm sad that I'm missing out on some play versus you guys but I benefit from being paitent and finding other things to clear up in life. Maybe that'll help my mindset, who knows?

Totally different. PC a company can release and host something on their own or use different services to do the work. Consoles you have one choice only and that's the company that owns that console you have to go through.

Totally different. PC a company can release and host something on their own or use different services to do the work. Consoles you have one choice only and that's the company that owns that console you have to go through.

I'm pretty sure that if I open a socket on console to my own master server, I'll get that connection...

god damn it.

it's not released in Hungary either.

after I log in on xbox live site, it doesn't even show up in search.

I've almost bought an xbox to play this. I bought an xbox hrap stick to play this. I guess I will use that to play #reload online on PC forever..

at least you got a realease date..

where have you been "yelling"?(which twitter??)

Which probably violates a clause in their terms of service somewhere. :v:
Yes, because companies taking the load off of their servers is a serious offense!

Companies opening up the option of connecting to servers they don't control and potentially allowing users to freely download games they have not purchased the rights to probably is a serious offense, yes. Glad we're on the same page. The developers have put a stranglehold on digital distribution for a reason.

Beyond any of that, this has fuck-all to do with Guilty Gear.

at least you got a realease date..

where have you been "yelling"?(which twitter??)

@Yamanaka_ARC is a good place to start.

The changes aren't that excessive. What I believe most people forget is that the game was balanced in AC as it was and that means that players already learned to counter Eddie, now if you add the nerfs you can immediately see how a what used to be a gigantic advantage in 2007 into something that is on equal level with the rest of the cast.

No, but they did take away the double hit on the FB drill, and another of his unblockables. Not HUGE nerfs, but pretty substantial for a chunk of the cast. I like what they did with alot of the things in this game.

Regions to get GG for XBLA on 11/9: Ireland, Argentina, India, Austria, Netherlands, Canada, Greece, Colombia, Switzerland, Sweden, Slovakia, Czech, Chile, Denmark, Norway, Hungary, Finland, Belgium, Poland, Mexico, Russia

PlayStation®Network (North America) : November 2012 or later

PlayStation®Network (Europe) : November 2012 or later

Source: http://www.guiltygearx.com/old/ggxxac/english_info.html