Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

I sent ARC an email in regards to the US PSN release...heres the response.

"

Thank you for your inquiry.

Regarding the release date in U.S.,we plan to release it in December though,

the detail date has not been fixed yet.

We’ll inform it on our web site below shortly after it’s decided.

http://www.guiltygearx.com/old/ggxxac/english_info.html

We'd appreciate if you could wait for a little longer."

I hope that include Europe too.

I hope that include Europe too.

Well at least we know then. Now I don't have to look every Tuesday. I'm curious why though.

Couldn't take the wait any longer so I got a code from Japan Codes (very much recommended, got it by the end of the night a few hours after ordering) and picked up Capcom VS SNK 2 in the process. This wait is mind-boggling and annoying, but hopefully for those still waiting it out they'll just release it sooner rather than (way) later.

i caved and bought some cards off japan-codes for the japanese PSN. any idea how quick they come in or is it random?

i caved and bought some cards off japan-codes for the japanese PSN. any idea how quick they come in or is it random?

Totally random. I've had seconds with them up to a day or two.

True, but it never came out on PS3 before, and never had the promise of being updated to +R either. Even people that go out and buy the currently available versions will have to buy it eventually for +R, and while online is terrible for much of anything it does have importance for some people.

Also holy shit people, why is it wrong for people to be hype for GG? Yeah it's been available previously (for years) but what does it matter? People are excited, and in my book that's a great thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

True, but it never came out on PS3 before, and never had the promise of being updated to +R either. Even people that go out and buy the currently available versions will have to buy it eventually for +R, and while online is terrible for much of anything it does have importance for some people.

Also holy shit people, why is it wrong for people to be hype for GG? Yeah it's been available previously (for years) but what does it matter? People are excited, and in my book that's a great thing.

I've been playing the PSP AC+ for a year now and I'm looking forward to relearning ABA on stick.

I've asked several people this question before, but I'm so out of it all the time right now that I keep forgetting the answer. I have a PS3 at home, so I'm going to be getting the PS3 version when it comes out.

At work, we have 360s in the break room.

If I want to buy some Xbox points so I can buy GG and play at work, do I need to spend money on Live as well, or can I just buy a point card, make some free-derp account to redeem them with, and play on my breaks with that? It's not worth it if I need Live, but I could use some extra training mode time, and could probably afford to buy an extra copy just for that. I'm sure the guys I work with would be happy to play once in a while, even if most of them are just going to be on the other setup playing Mahval all the time.

you need to make a live account to access the store

it doesn't have the be a gold account you have to pay for to buy games/dlc, so you can just make the free one unless you wanna netplay

Seconded ... I got AC+ on my psp and my ps2 but i cant wait to see this on my ps3 ... the game will have the same graphics but with HD power it will be more brighter and shinier than ps2 version ... we'll have R version in future which is awesome ... and we'll have online feature (though it needs to be netcode adjust but it will be ok in time with pathces no prob there) ... and lastly my personal reason , i will be able play this beast with my ps3 arcade stick ^^ so yeah waiting for english version to come out is sucks :\

Seconded ... I got AC+ on my psp and my ps2 but i cant wait to see this on my ps3 ... the game will have the same graphics but with HD power it will be more brighter and shinier than ps2 version ... we'll have R version in future which is awesome ... and we'll have online feature (though it needs to be netcode adjust but it will be ok in time with pathces no prob there) ... and lastly my personal reason , i will be able play this beast with my ps3 arcade stick ^^ so yeah waiting for english version to come out is sucks :\

Apparently, the JP version is already mostly in english. It's only things like victory quotes that are in Japanese, if I remember correctly.

Apparently, the JP version is already mostly in english. It's only things like victory quotes that are in Japanese, if I remember correctly.

1500 yen is almost like 20-21 dolars in turkeys exchange rate ... and i said "fuck that i cant wait i dont care take my money" and i saw there was no 500 yen cards out almost every site that i checked so i had to buy 2x1000 yen card ... and with our stupid exchage rate it costs a lot so i am waiting :(

The win screens are available English too. The only things I'm noticing are Japanese are the screens at boot and the credits have a lot of kanji and kana. Honestly I have no idea why there's a delay at all...

The win screens are available English too. The only things I'm noticing are Japanese are the screens at boot and the credits have a lot of kanji and kana. Honestly I have no idea why there's a delay at all...

I hope maybe they are collecting feedbacks from japanesse version to make game better ... and they want to release NA version with the new patch maybe ... for better online gaming and bug free ... but sadly i've been wrong before so this can be a meaningless goddamn delay also ... we'll see

Totally random. I've had seconds with them up to a day or two.

haha yeah i got mine in 8 hours.

GG seems fairly perfect, though playing with people from japan is totally not happening for me

Wasn't the problem Sony itself and how they handle the games on PSN?, ASW can't publish the game for US and EURO regions, it has to be done by Aksys and the European guys, Zen Unlimited or whatever is his name, every version has to be checked by Sony, certification and all that crap..... I think I read it somewhere, maybe here?.

I think that needing a publisher of that region is only if you want to publish a retailer game.

For what i have heard this release is entirely handled by ASW.

As for the delays, it has been speculated that it's because the whole PSN redesign and stuff.

I got JP version yesterday and this is correct. Honestly, it might as well be what we'll get here in NA. Opening screens will just be in English instead.

Also, maybe it's just JP version here, but NO SHORTCUT OPTION WHY ARC WHY. No, it doesn't take much time to remake a match, but it's still an awesome feature for quick back-to-back matches. D:

I got JP version yesterday and this is correct. Honestly, it might as well be what we'll get here in NA. Opening screens will just be in English instead.

Also, maybe it's just JP version here, but NO SHORTCUT OPTION WHY ARC WHY. No, it doesn't take much time to remake a match, but it's still an awesome feature for quick back-to-back matches. D:

shortcut is missing in 360 version as well

Could be that the certification process held it back for a stupid reason, could be that there was a super high priority bug that wasn't discovered until right when they were going to submit which caused them to delay, could be related to Sony recently updating their online store... meh.

Just pointing this out for people that haven't bought themselves X360 versions yet. It seems that Target will be selling some 1600MS point cards for $10 on Black Friday. Not sure if you can do this through their website or only in person, but it's worth looking into, considering you're buying $20 for $10. Get 2 cards for the price of one and give one to a buddy. No excuse for your friends to not play GG with you now.