Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

look at this game ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msb4S_I6xqw&feature=BFa&list=UUCfnriDcUslGMUMX4Ctkyjg ... its from an arcade and its still faster than ps3 ... am i somehow wrong ?

Keep in mind that Youtube videos play at 30fps, as opposed to the game's 60. Well, 59.

So how's playing people within the same state as you?

If it's near it works fine. Maybe not "zomg he's next to me" quality but it's definitely playable.

Speed feels somewhat inconsistent to me, personally. There's times where it feels slow and there's time where it doesn't really feel different from PS2... although even sometimes the PS2 one sometime felt a bit slow, so in reality it's probably just me brushing rust off. I also haven't played an actual arcade of GG in quite awhile.

Just got a reply from ASW saying that they are still working out bugs and plan to improve the online and to please be patient. They didn't say specific details but hopefully they mean it.

I would hope so, given how half assed this port is.

This half assed port just happens to have the greatest fighting game ever made in it though :D.

Just got a reply from ASW saying that they are still working out bugs and plan to improve the online and to please be patient. They didn't say specific details but hopefully they mean it.

HOPE LIVES

If it hasn't been mentioned already, I found a probable glitch in Sol's Story Mode intro against Gold/Boss I-no where their moves don't align correctly. This only happens rarely apparently (There's a video of Maximilian from The Online Warrior/Assist Me playing it and he didn't have the glitch). They both end up crossing each other over, with I-no saying her quotes while Sol is behind her. Sol then proceeds to do a thumbs-down as though he is facing I-no but his Dragon Install fades and he goes into the delay animation, then they both turn around and the fight starts with them right next to each other.

Edited by Vulcan422

I would hope so, given how half assed this port is.

This half assed port just happens to have the greatest fighting game ever made in it though :D.

What do you mean by half assed? I just want it mainly to battle my brother IRL, is it worth getting?

if you only want it to play offline then its completely worth it, netplay blows so hard

That is very good news!

So far I played one match with a 2 bar connection that felt almost perfect, then I created a room and restricted it to good connections, then proceeded to have long sets with one player that were incredibly laggy. Not sure what went wrong there...

yesterday i did some player matches on the ps3 version (Florida to Texas and it was pretty playable too). after a few games the connection would just desync then it just lagged horribly. we tried to remake the room but it would just lag again

this happened to two different people

So far I played one match with a 2 bar connection that felt almost perfect, then I created a room and restricted it to good connections, then proceeded to have long sets with one player that were incredibly laggy. Not sure what went wrong there...

Sounds like old BBCS netcode times again lol

Not playing this shit vs any of you guys. My 20mbps connection isn't leet enough to run this smoothly unless you're living in the nearby states. This shit would be matrix-like vs ameRRikans :kitty:

just found out NA psn doesn't accept credit cards that aren't US billing address.... :(

anybody knows if EU psn only accepts EU credit cards only? i'm living in indonesia...

really don't want to bother buying psn card things from play-asia or something and then use that code to get a game in psn, seems so troublesome

If by slower you mean the actual game speed during matches offline, you are correct that it is slower than the PS2 version. The PS2 version in this regard was not arcade perfect. This is actually the CORRECT speed that the game should have always been played at. Since I play primarily on arcade it feels perfect to me. You will get used to it pretty quick, don't worry.

ElvenShadow, is this game dead online in Japan or something?

I live in Hong Kong and am playing the US ver. on my JP PSN account. I find tons of Japanese SFIV players regularly but in GG I'm finding almost NO matches. I've found ZERO ranked matches and never see more than 4 or 5 player match lobbies at a time. Is it the same for you?

Could it be US ver. and JP ver. don't share online? That would suck, since I'm in Asia...

ElvenShadow, is this game dead online in Japan or something?

I live in Hong Kong and am playing the US ver. on my JP PSN account. I find tons of Japanese SFIV players regularly but in GG I'm finding almost NO matches. I've found ZERO ranked matches and never see more than 4 or 5 player match lobbies at a time. Is it the same for you?

Could it be US ver. and JP ver. don't share online? That would suck, since I'm in Asia...

I've found some japanese players in player match (not playing them, of course, because lag would be beyond retarded), so I say no

Nah they definitely share, but GG's filters and search capabilities are...weird...

Ahh, just got down with a few matches and it feels good ' w'

Sounds like they're working on it. In the meantime, I'm having a blast reacquainting myself with this game against the CPU. Venom's AI is kind of a bitch, haha.

This is my chance to play all of A-Core's story. Never had the opportunity before.

If by slower you mean the actual game speed during matches offline, you are correct that it is slower than the PS2 version. The PS2 version in this regard was not arcade perfect. This is actually the CORRECT speed that the game should have always been played at. Since I play primarily on arcade it feels perfect to me. You will get used to it pretty quick, don't worry.

I actually did feel a difference as well, however, whats with this video "disproving" this rumor? I honestly don't think its all in my head, but they claim there's no difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-TIUgsH1es

I am certain that the PS3 version game speed feels like arcade and is a bit slower than PS2. I play both arcade and PS3 regularly and feel no difference but every time I touch PS2 it feels so weird for the first few games.

As for Japanese players online, I play most days of the week that I am home and I am always able to find games. Sometimes it just takes a long time to connect because the matchmaking sucks. I also noticed that when I check custom search, that there are a lot of names on there showing up in gray, and I can't even attempt to challenge them. Also tons of names on rankings that I have never even seen. I think it just has trouble connecting certain people with eachother for whatever reason. I also played a few US players (it was laggy as hell) so I know people in different countries can fight. The game is not dead at all, ASW just needs to get their shit together and fix the online menus and netcode.