Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

I-No's HCL 6FRC6 shenanigans are technically demanding. Millia's and Johnny's combos are pretty character-specific, Johnny's much more so.

Most people will widely agree that I-no requires the highest execution consistently. Her Bnb's require a complex motion for a special move, an FRC, and a jump install, and that's just the beginning. That being said the other characters that are widely considered to have high execution requirements are Venom, Eddie, and Johnny. There's plenty of other examples, but for the most part those are the characters that involve the most demand on you as the player to hit your marks just to play them at a decent level.

A Lot of stuff in GG is not mash friendly, but not actually That hard. Like it is kinda hard to combo with Slayer if you just throw some guy off the street at him, but his combos aren't actually hard, they just don't tend to happen by accident.

Edit: to actually answer the question I-no and Bridget are ones I know that require you to do really freaky things to get what I would consider the basics for the level of play I am comfortable with.

Edited by Osuna

How taxing on the execution are A.B.A, Bridget and Anji?

Bridget is a very technical character, but i can't really comment on the execution side of it. Anji is one of the easier characters to handle in the game.

A.B.A.'s execution requirements are not very high; Orb loops are probably the hardest thing she has to deal with since character specificity can make them kinda iffy. Aside from those, it's mainly Butt loops which are pretty easy.

The difficulty in playing her comes more so from correctly managing her meters and subsystems.

I-No's HCL 6FRC6 shenanigans are technically demanding. Millia's and Johnny's combos are pretty character-specific, Johnny's much more so.

We have a local guy who makes I-No's and Johnny's stuff look easy as pie. :lol:

A Lot of stuff in GG is not mash friendly, but not actually That hard. Like it is kinda hard to combo with Slayer if you just throw some guy off the street at him, but his combos aren't actually hard, they just don't tend to happen by accident.

Edit: to actually answer the question I-no and Bridget are ones I know that require you to do really freaky things to get what I would consider the basics for the level of play I am comfortable with.

Surprised you'd say that about Slayer. I'm going nuts trying to learn his more advanced stuff. Every hit feels like a link that needs to be timed for all the differences in character attributes...

I-No is nuts. I've barely had opportunities to practice until recently, so saying that I've been playing her for like 1.5 years now and can't get her BnB stuff down isn't saying much (I mean really, when you play a few games every 1-4 weeks, what do you expect?).

Still, for 5K > HCL > Airdash, the 5K > HCL is already a really tight cancel, and it needs to be JI'd so you'll probably just do a 360 (which has to be done in something like 22 frames so the 5K combos into the HCL), and the Airdash needs to come out within something like 4 frames of the FRC, which has a 2 frame window. And then you generally want to go into j.S > FF VCL if you pushed them into the corner, or you'll have to do something like j.S > j.H > land, and then if your timing is sexy and you're against someone fat enough, you might do c.S instead of getting f.S, which will let you keep going for free, or you'll have to go for 5K off of that landing AND DO ALL OF THAT HARD **** ALL OVER AGAIN.

And don't get me started on the stuff that drops on Sol/OS. :v:

As a Johnny player, I don't consider him very hard to play with. He does have some crazy stuff with Enkasu, but that's it. Slayer also isn't very hard once you get the idea behind his combos. But I do find his iad j.K>j.K stuff very hard. You have to time first j.K to hit as fast as possible, but not so fast that it doesn't come out because of air dash. Good thing it isn't essential to his game.

I-No is the most demanding for sure. Bridget not so much execution wise, but you have to be good with yoyo. Stuff that Ruu does is insane.

Stuff that Ruu does is insane.
Definitely. Ruu is a spacing/positioning god. He makes Buri look like a character with absolutely top-tier movement options. Edited by Silmerion

I've given a fair shake at a few characters, while I'm not very good with many of them I have a general feel:

Anji - particularly easy, really the most difficult part thing I had with him was getting the feel for his guard points

May - Also not exceptionally difficult, very straight forward gameplan and not really that challenging as long as you're good with charges.

ABA - Kinda effort but Moroha damage makes her seem less so. Orbs loops are probably the only real difficult part.

Bridget - Definitely both an effort and hard character. Setups take a decent amount of execution, and taking advantage of his movement and Roger requires some rather quick and creative thinking.

Eddie - (Forgive me if I'm off on this, I've not played much of him) Hard character, but not really effort. It's difficult to wrap your mind around what you need to do with him, but the actual requirements are more "relaxed" than some other characters.

To clarify a little, to me, effort characters are ones that are more demanding physically (strict timing, lots of buttons and motions) while hard characters are ones with unique mental requirements on the player.

And yeah, Ruu is a perfect example of why some argue that Bridget is the most mobile character in the game.

Arc recently (couple days ago) posted something about v1.10 on their Facebook. I can't copy+paste right now since I'm on mobile but I wanted to give a heads up if someone wants to translate it.

I've given a fair shake at a few characters, while I'm not very good with many of them I have a general feel:

Anji - particularly easy, really the most difficult part thing I had with him was getting the feel for his guard points

May - Also not exceptionally difficult, very straight forward gameplan and not really that challenging as long as you're good with charges.

ABA - Kinda effort but Moroha damage makes her seem less so. Orbs loops are probably the only real difficult part.

Bridget - Definitely both an effort and hard character. Setups take a decent amount of execution, and taking advantage of his movement and Roger requires some rather quick and creative thinking.

Eddie - (Forgive me if I'm off on this, I've not played much of him) Hard character, but not really effort. It's difficult to wrap your mind around what you need to do with him, but the actual requirements are more "relaxed" than some other characters.

To clarify a little, to me, effort characters are ones that are more demanding physically (strict timing, lots of buttons and motions) while hard characters are ones with unique mental requirements on the player..

I dunno how much time you spent on these characters, or how many matches you actually played with them, but these descriptions seem way off (aside from May and Bridget, anyway). You're just scratching the surface on most of these, but at least you acknowledge that.

A.B.A. is like a BlazBlue character in Guilty Gear: once you learn her combos she practically plays herself.

What else could she possibly need? :v:

I dunno how much time you spent on these characters, or how many matches you actually played with them, but these descriptions seem way off (aside from May and Bridget, anyway). You're just scratching the surface on most of these, but at least you acknowledge that.

Yeah, Bridget and May are the only two that I've put any serious effort into learning so I'm glad they're at least close :V

ABA, Anji, and Eddie were some passing fancy that never fully panned out. I did enough with them for a feel but not really enough for much more than a maiden reaction.

Your description of Anji isn't TOO far off. In a game with lots of tough inputs and strict timings, he's pretty easy mechanically (I'd say the hardest thing you HAVE to learn is running Fuujin, or maybe Fuujin -> S FRC, and neither of those are really so awful). Actually playing him well, though? Well, that's a little trickier.

Your description of Anji isn't TOO far off. In a game with lots of tough inputs and strict timings, he's pretty easy mechanically (I'd say the hardest thing you HAVE to learn is running Fuujin, or maybe Fuujin -> S FRC, and neither of those are really so awful). Actually playing him well, though? Well, that's a little trickier.

Anji's normals understanding is the most difficult part.

He has many useful normals, but using those well according to situation/distance and get fucked or punished is the hard part.

The last popularity poll I saw had melee at about double the number of votes as the next highest. That'll be funny. Make them buy a bunch of obsolete systems and crts.

Breast cancer is pretty serious though and it has affected my family, so it isn't like the money is being totally wasted. I'll vote.