Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Hi. I'm new and hope not to be breaking any rule of "having to introduce yourself in this forum right here", if so, I'm sorry.

I'm from Europe, and I've been taking a look at this thread for a few months. I'm totally new to GG games, I liked Blazblue (And fighting games in general), so I was kinda excited to give GG a chance. Problem is that ASW hates us!!! So well, I sent them an email a few days ago, basically telling them that releasing the game EVERYWHERE except european PSN made it look like they don't even care about european PS3 players, they even announced all the details about the +R patch without even announcing a release date for us and asked for it. And what did they reply? Let me copy it:

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Regarding your question, we are sorry the release date of

the PSN

"Hello, me name Tarzan". Don't know if their google translator doesn't work or if they actually don't even care, whatever it is, we still don't know when the game is coming out for us.

But oh well, I'm not such a proud person to now feel offended and not want to play the game, so I took a look on what Bloodcrave said, about using paypal to buy the game with my american account. It looks like you can't, your paypal also has to be from the same country as the PSN store you're buying at, and if you try to add funds in a different one than your origin country, you "lose" your money for like 2 weeks, which looks to be what it takes for paypal to cancel the operation and give you your money back.

So well... That's what's up right now at least for me. I can still wait a little longer since I don't exclusively play fighting games and have a few unfinished games to play, but it would be nice if they at the very least tell us WHEN are they going to release the game for real. Still, I guess I could use some website to buy american PSN codes if you know of any.

Thanks for reading my shit.

zoupe

I use Amazon Digital PSN codes, I heard you can get some from Play-Asia and similar sites.

I bought it from the JPN store, by ordering digital JPN PSN codes and making a Japanese PSN account (instructions on how to do so, you can find on youtube).

Worked like a charm.

You may want to buy US digital PSN codes though, as it will be cheaper. (ofcourse this means you'll have to make a US account too).

Yes, I prefer american codes, thank you both. I guess I'll end up buying it from amazon, it's from where I buy most my games nowadays anyway (Though not from the american Amazon).

But oh well, I'm not such a proud person to now feel offended and not want to play the game, so I took a look on what Bloodcrave said, about using paypal to buy the game with my american account. It looks like you can't, your paypal also has to be from the same country as the PSN store you're buying at, and if you try to add funds in a different one than your origin country, you "lose" your money for like 2 weeks, which looks to be what it takes for paypal to cancel the operation and give you your money back.

well in neogaf some people are saying it works, someone mentioned they're in canada and phillippines and they managed to do it i think, i tried to ask for confirmation but the thread over there is kinda dead

i'll try to bump that thread and ask again

well in neogaf some people are saying it works, someone mentioned they're in canada and phillippines and they managed to do it i think, i tried to ask for confirmation but the thread over there is kinda dead

i'll try to bump that thread and ask again

I think it was here where I read people jumping to the conclusion of what I wrote in my other post: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Technical/PayPal-can-now-be-used-to-add-funds-to-your-PlayStation-Wallet/td-p/17255384 It's four pages, though.

Edit: Yes, it was there. This exact post:

I tried that myself and i got the same thing CANCELED.

Apparently you should be sure that the country on which you've created your psn account is one of these:

US

Austria

Luxembourg

Belgium

Netherlands

Finland

Portugal

France

Slovenia

Greece

Spain

Ireland

United Kingdom

Italy.

and your Paypal account is from the SAME country as your psn profile.

And btw, Amazon Online Codes only work for USA people, just checked myself...

Edited by Spunish

And btw, Amazon Online Codes only work for USA people, just checked myself...

I don't recall having difficulties with that ( I live in the Middle East and I never encountered that issue, I haven't bought a PSN card in a long time though )

Anyways, just try to VPN/Proxy your way through the Amazon Digital Codes. You can also use some sort of new account with fake address ( or just google some random addresses)

I take it we gave up on the EVO donation thing... is anyone still planning to, or is 30k too much? We're only 600$ behind fucking DOA, even if winning is impossible at this point I was hoping we could at least not be deprived of 5th place by countersandtits.iso :/

I take it we gave up on the EVO donation thing... is anyone still planning to, or is 30k too much? We're only 600$ behind fucking DOA, even if winning is impossible at this point I was hoping we could at least not be deprived of 5th place by countersandtits.iso :/

Idon'twanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.avi

Edited by Arvoyea

Saw this in the GGAC+R thread over on SRK.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-r-new-update-for-ggxx-coming-to-arcade-psn-xbla-and-now-vita.154629/page-29#post-7957963 - original untranslated match-up ranking post

http://puu.sh/1Vhdw - original match-up ranking chart (untranslated)

http://i46.tinypic.com/2pyvuzc.png - translated match-up ranking chart

Credit to the following for info posts/chart translations: Mr. X, OneSanitarium, tataki

2pyvuzc.png

【 SSS(140.0<)】

Dizzy(140.0)

【 SS 135.0~139.5)】

Millia (138.0)

Zappa(137.0)

【 S (130.0~134.5)】

Chipp(130.5)

【 A (125.0~129.5)】

Faust (129.5)

Eddie(127.0)

Order Sol (125.0)

【 B+ (120.0~124.5)】

Jam(123.5)

Johnny(122.0)

Axl (121.5)

【 B- (115.0~119.5)】

Slayer (119.5)

Ky (119.0)

Baiken (118.5)

Robo Ky (117.5)

Bridget (117.0)

Anji (116.0)

I-no (115.5)

【 C (110~114.5)】

Venom (114.5)

Sol (113.5)

Testament (113.0)

Potemkin (113.0)

A.b.a (111.5)

【 D (105.0~109.5)】

May (109.0)

Justice (108.0)

【 E (104.5>)】

Kliff (102.5)

Edited by Kurokun

^Dang. Like 2 weeks after 1.1? I think I liked 1.01 better, but I guess this needs a little more time to settle.

I think it will be okay with the Evo thing, guys. Just try to build and sustain the scene for a year after +R comes out, and we'll be guaranteed a spot next year on the merits of the scene's strength. GG community doesn't have the financial backing of SG (USA based game wanting to generate sales through showcasing at huge tournament) or ST (old people with decent money/nostalgia factor from people that don't actually play fighters I guess???) What we have is the best game, and we'll just have to rely on that to win enough people over by next year. This is, of course, assuming the port of +R is more playable than the port of AC+... As of now, we have a 1 frame difference between consoles, with reports of the more responsive one (ps3) experiencing crashes in certain situations, and I'm sure there's more stuff I'm not even aware of. Of course a workable online feature would be a huge help, but hiccups in local play really need to be worked out if our game is going to be playable at tournaments going forward.

Edited by doragonkoroshi

Anyone able to translate this for people that don't read moon?

As for the matchup chart, I'm not trusting it right now yeah. Like Doragon said, it's been like, 2 weeks since the patch hit? I'd wait to give it more time. Plus I don't know what the source is but I'm sure it's listed somewhere. I just have trouble believing Kliff dropped like a rock and Dizzy's ONLY bad matchup is against Millia.

How do I unlock more selectable music in the PSN version of GGAC+?

I only have 34 tracks available, and can't select random as a music option either. : (

Basically, they're running an event at the Japan Amusement Expo on the 15th at the Sega booth. They're putting in a ranking system with card saves like all the cool kids do for fights these days.

The cards are pretty sweet to boot! img69_GGCard_ex-1.jpg

As for the matchup chart, I'm not trusting it right now yeah. Like Doragon said, it's been like, 2 weeks since the patch hit? I'd wait to give it more time. Plus I don't know what the source is but I'm sure it's listed somewhere. I just have trouble believing Kliff dropped like a rock and Dizzy's ONLY bad matchup is against Millia.

From latest Mikado, Dizzy looks decent. I don't know if that good, but... As for Kliff, I can definitely see how the nerf to his airdash would hurt him a whole heck of a lot.

RE: the unsourced, hasty-looking match-up chart: if we assume it to be accurate, we have

7 6.5/3.5 match-ups

74 6/4 match-ups

160 5.5/4.5 match-ups

59 5/5 match-ups

(Not counting mirror matches and not double-counting, i.e. not counting both AX vs. MA and MA vs. AX)

Not too bad, a little top-heavy but lots of small advantages. Still much better than any of the garbage balance Capcom puts out.

LOL what!? There's no way Kliff is the worst character in the game... I can't see the original chart due to internet restrictions at work but that list seems a little fishy....

Happy to hear about the ranking cards though!

I cannot comprehend how Dizzy could suddenly be #1

what planet am I on right now

Well, it's not the most implausible aspect of the list. People seemed to think she was A-tier before, so....

the psn release has a native delay of 3 frames, whiile the xbox has 4, so probably psn. however, it seems to have some bugs that the xbox version might not, though i might be wrong about that. i'd imagine the psn version is a lot more active online... the xbox version online is basically empty

this thread has more info

Edited by Solid Gold Wall