Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Saw this in the GGAC+R thread over on SRK.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-r-new-update-for-ggxx-coming-to-arcade-psn-xbla-and-now-vita.154629/page-29#post-7957963 - original untranslated match-up ranking post

http://puu.sh/1Vhdw - original match-up ranking chart (untranslated)

http://i46.tinypic.com/2pyvuzc.png - translated match-up ranking chart

It's a chart from the japanese BBS (again).

Please, don't take that seriously it's done by totally anonymous posters and it's on top of that it's still WIP.

There is sometimes good info there but also a lot of bullshit, like every forum TBH. The Kliff thread for example is like "what character I'm gonna switch to since Kliff isn't the cheapsauce he was before" right now.

Kliff being branded as bottom tier is the biggest WTF on this list, honestly Kliff doesn't seem that bad despite the nerfs. The latest Mikado vids already provide a good example that he can still hold is own pretty well.

Edited by Dream Maker

snip

You can always try to use http://maximuscards.com/

I buy all my USA PSN cards there, I am from Latin America but my main account is an USA account, and so far i never had problems with it

Still much better than any of the garbage balance Capcom puts out.

Tell me about it, the only way that capcom knows how to balance things is by removing everything that makes a character good until everyone is balanced because how mediocre they are

How do I unlock more selectable music in the PSN version of GGAC+?

I only have 34 tracks available, and can't select random as a music option either. : (

No one knows if this is possible or not?

No one knows if this is possible or not?

I am not really sure about your question

You mean in general or online play?

I am not really sure about your question

You mean in general or online play?

I think he means in any given gameplay mode. To my knowledge at least, the PSN just doesn't have "random" amongst the selectable options for music, idk why. It's like they took it out for some back-asswards reason, then forgot to put it back in before the release.

I think he means in any given gameplay mode. To my knowledge at least, the PSN just doesn't have "random" amongst the selectable options for music, idk why. It's like they took it out for some back-asswards reason, then forgot to put it back in before the release.

That and the EX music tracks.

And retry when a vs. match is over...

*sighs and shakes his head*

I miss The Midnight Carnival ;-;

Just beat the game. It's in there. Music Select skips over it until you do, in which case it unlocks.

(Can't speak for online mode though)

I played on a beta test cab with the card system. I don't know where people are getting cards already (I think there was a convention recently they were giving them out at perhaps? AOU or something?) but if you play without a card your name just shows up as "GG Player" by default. I was under the impression that the cards and ranking system wont go official until sometime in spring.

The game pretty much is the same, the only difference is that it prompts you to scan your card before you select your character, if you dont use a card the cursor appears like normal. Then after both characters are selected it has a new "matchup" screen that shows the 2 characters with the player names and stats quickly, and then it goes to the regular old "blabla" vs "blabla" screens that have been in the game always. Player names appear in white text at the very top above life bars. One thing I like is that you just scan the card instead of inserting it in a slot like SFIV. With SFIV, sometimes if I am playing with my card in but I have to leave before I lose to catch a train or something, I have to die on purpose before I can get my card back. With this way you can just leave :P. Only problem is that I don't know if the older cabinets (like blast city) will be able to have the cards, and many arcades run plusR on old cabs still. The one I played on was an HD cab at Club Sega Akiba.

I'm still trying to figure out what they changed between the first arcade version and now, does anyone actually know where a changelog might lie?

Is there a big freezing issue with the AC+ port? I have never encountered it at all but at this week's meetup we had at least 5 or 6 freeze issues on two separate PS3s. Of our 3 setups, the only one that didn't freeze was mine (the other two were on slim PS3s, while I have the old 80gb fat ps3, not that it should matter).

My 360 copy has never froze either, it was pretty strange. I haven't been following the reception for this port and google searching did not seem to imply that the port was riddled with freeze issues, so I thought I would just ask.

I've had a couple freezing issues on mine, it seems sporadic really. I also have a slim PS3, that might be the reason.

It mostly happened at NEC in a packed bar though, so it might be heating issues. It might have also been due to Braver mashing too many damn buttons. Not sure though.

Decided I'm gonna pick this game up again in hopes that the spring patch fixes the problems (a man can dream can't he?)

I don't suppose we've had any more news regarding said patch, have we?

I've had a couple freezing issues on mine, it seems sporadic really. I also have a slim PS3, that might be the reason.

It mostly happened at NEC in a packed bar though, so it might be heating issues. It might have also been due to Braver mashing too many damn buttons. Not sure though.

A glass of ice behind the vent helped a lot, so it seems like a heat issue for sure.

I have bizarre minor freezing on the 360 version (doesn't actually lock-up, just stutters) when I use the "Reset" button while Training against Robo-Ky. I can't seem to recreate it though. It would lock up for about 1-4 seconds.

No idea about PS3.

I have bizarre minor freezing on the 360 version (doesn't actually lock-up, just stutters) when I use the "Reset" button while Training against Robo-Ky. I can't seem to recreate it though. It would lock up for about 1-4 seconds.

No idea about PS3.

It's the Under Construction "music" causing it. Every time you reset the stage, the game changes tracks (there's two; one for night and one for day) and causes a stutter. Change the music to something else and you won't have this problem.

So hey, I sent this thread over to Arc System Works USA's twitter page. They stated that they are "in charge of the company's games that are digital (mainly AC+) and they are the spokespeople for North American fans". https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU

We've known they are in full control of the digital release before it even came out. Aksys staff confirmed that for us. Just like ASW was in full control of BBCSE localization for NA, Aksys just published it. It's looking more and more like Aksys is being pushed to the side for ASW titles but we will have to wait and see.