Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Clearly, AC+R patch is coming October 24th, just to make sure no one notices or cares.

Honestly though, they said "spring 2013" and the window for "spring" is starting to get smaller and smaller...

They shulda released it b4 they put it out on the vita..or at least at the same time..they bsing w that..and yes end of spring is comin really fast

Well, the last day of Spring is June 20th. Hopefully it will come out by then.

Only thing I'm worried about for the AC+R patch is if it'll be version 1.11 or 1.10. What version does the Vita have?

Only thing I'm worried about for the AC+R patch is if it'll be version 1.11 or 1.10. What version does the Vita have?

I though 1.11 was identical to 1.10 except for the card ranking system(?).

I though 1.11 was identical to 1.10 except for the card ranking system(?).

Just looked it up and yeah, you're right. The update says "additional monthly ranking function to the Players Guild."

I haven't really been up to date with GG lately. However, I still would like for it to be the same version used in arcades. Can't stand getting hand-me-downs :$.

At least we are finally getting it so we can get some games going now finally.

It seems to me that arcsys are extremely bad at keeping their fanbase interested in their games. One year gap between arcade releases and consoles? Really? What the heck are they smoking?

There is a fine line between making people languish in expectation and losing their interest. Especially in this day and age of the internet. Japan is not this enclosed capsule where nothing comes out of, anymore. We've been looking at videos of +R since what, 8 months now? This is too long a wait. And the PSVita is a completely irrelevant market for offline fighting games, games made to be played with other people.

Not to speak of Blazblue. Arc System Works really needs to work on their business model, especially in the publicity and outreach department.

/rant

I'm willing to bet that the main reason +R isn't out yet is due to MS/Sony's procedures with how they handle title updates. Chances are, they have to resubmit the game each time it gets updated or something like that.

The Vita release is actually a good sign, since it shows that the game is ready. It may or may not also be an underhanded way of making sure the Vita port sells at all by making it the only option available for awhile.

Hopefully, we won't have to wait much longer. Given ArcSys' proven track record of meeting their deadlines, I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not ready to move off this versionnnnnnnn!

MY BODY IS NOT READY SOMEONE HALP PLZ.

This is like having a road test and never having driven a car!

Calm down man, Baiken's combos are shorter (excluding Seal into 4398 tatamis combos). Also you're going to have a pocket Kliff, because everyone's going to have a pocket Kliff. That man is the most hilariously easy character I have seen in a long time.

I'd rather mash buttons with Sol than spend 30 seconds learning how to play Kliff at high level (or a full minute learning Faust, which is sad because I really like Faust outside of his gameplay).

So, what does everyone think is the best forcebreak in the game now?

So, what does everyone think is the best forcebreak in the game now?

I'd say Testament's tracking unblockable curse is up there.

Wait... does that thing curse you on block, or is it an unblockable move that he can combo off of? I haven't seen much Testie play.

I'm not most people, but I'd say the best FB is a toss-up between SL's Dandy and Sol's new Sidewinder (which I feel is vastly underrated, as not enough Sol players use it the way I feel it should be used...) The former beats all kinds of oki setups, and the latter can start big combos off random air-to-airs, which as of yet appears to be a nigh-untapped goldmine of potential.

I don't know if I'd consider it to be quite that good, but yeah, FB Sidewinder gives Sol lots of new starters/setups. His j.P is amazing and should combo into FB Sidewinder, so random air-to-ground "I'ma beat your 6P", and air-to-air "I did something faster" should work. Also, I'm pretty sure that FBs don't prorate meter gain like FRCs do (please correct me if I'm wrong), so it'll be more efficient than the flashy Bandit Revolver FRC j.D Bandit Revolver loops.

What do people think about Dizzy's needle FB?

Definite contenders: I-no's FB note & FB Dive, Dizzy's FB Spike, Testament's FB Skull, Kliff's FB Chop, and Robo Ky's Bike (still).

I-no's FB note actually raises guard bar, meaning that if you don't faultless, I-no's probably going to get in, she's probably going to get a hit, and she's probably going to kick in your shit. Her FB Dive is also amazing because of how much of a combo extender it works as.

Dizzy's FB spikes just eats through everything and keep you sitting there. Same with Testament's skull, because either A. you get hit by 6P/5D, or B. you stand up and commit yourself to more block pressure. Wonderful dilemma.

Why wouldn't you count a move with a 119x dizzy modifier that can be used mid combo? 100-200 damage on a free reset. (Actually not sure if this is possible post-patch, can somebody clarify?)

Robo Ky has the shittiest high/low mixup, and then you get 25% meter and holy shit restored air options and overheads everywhere.

As a Sol player, FB sidewinder is definitely welcome, but it has no use as an overhead or in pressure because of the minimum height requirement on Sidewinder. Yes, I can get SW loops from the dumbest combos and start stuff, but Sol's air-to-air is honestly pretty shitty. Most of the cast have air normals that outrange j.P and j.H, or moves that outspeed or flat-out beat j.S and j.D. And we don't talk about j.K because it kind of sucks. I think it's better suited to random 5K/6P/6H(HAH) aerial counter hits into whatever. It's not bad at all, and is probably among the better half of FBs in the game, but I wouldn't call it the best. It's definitely no AC Exhaustion (Eddie), though.

EDIT: I actually just realized that j.K, while itself is generally poor and has trouble effectively comboing into j.S reliably after air-to-air, it lends itself to something much better now. Sol can easily do j.K j.D dj.FB SW. It doesn't save j.K from its clutch hitbox, but that alone should make going into FB SW extremely rewarding. Sol can probably go into empty jump SW loops following with how high that starting string would launch the opponent.

So maybe shitty isn't the right word. It's just that almost all of his aerials are extremely situational as air-to-airs and generally suffer since a lot of characters have aerials with better reach and hitboxes. J.P is still ridiculously amazing up close though, and j.H's hitbox is so wonky that it works when thrown out early.

Edited by Kaizen

I don't think Sol is bad air-to-air by any means, but Kaizen's right that FB SW isn't actually that great as an air-to-air tool or as an air-to-ground tool. What it does do is let him confirm almost any random AA into big damage, which sounds pretty scary. But it can be somewhat situational because he can already turn a lot of his AA into big damage anyway for free. So, yeah, it's good, but probably not the best.

As for what is the best, I've got to say Dizzy FB spikes look the most annoying to deal with.

Edited by Orrax

I-No's FBnote might be enough to tip some matchups toward her favor even without her other buffs. It's way harder to dodge than regular note, it hits more times (starts at 3 and gets up to 7 per note) so you have more time to get in and run a mixup, and it cranks guard bar. It's pretty amazing.

However, I think her FBdive is better. Cancel in 1 frame at any time by pressing a button during frames 6-60 is what did it. The move starts on frame 9 (can confirm off of many hits), is invincible on 6-9 now so it'll beat things head on, it resets her buffed jump options, and it launches up and across the screen for 60 frames untechable. So it's a corner-to-corner combo tool that can be used to aid her mixups (start and cancel it during block stun for 50/50 high/low) and bait bursts. Forced Prorate 80%, but it has to have something wrong with it. Considering the damage is buffed on each hit, and you can cancel on the first hit to go into higher-damage moves earlier, I think her damage off of this move has been buffed overall.

What about Heavenly Anji Bustah? Do people think it's any good?

Definite contenders: I-no's FB note & FB Dive, Dizzy's FB Spike, Testament's FB Skull, Kliff's FB Chop, and Robo Ky's Bike (still).

I-no's FB note actually raises guard bar, meaning that if you don't faultless, I-no's probably going to get in, she's probably going to get a hit, and she's probably going to kick in your shit. Her FB Dive is also amazing because of how much of a combo extender it works as.

Dizzy's FB spikes just eats through everything and keep you sitting there. Same with Testament's skull, because either A. you get hit by 6P/5D, or B. you stand up and commit yourself to more block pressure. Wonderful dilemma.

Why wouldn't you count a move with a 119x dizzy modifier that can be used mid combo? 100-200 damage on a free reset. (Actually not sure if this is possible post-patch, can somebody clarify?)

Robo Ky has the shittiest high/low mixup, and then you get 25% meter and holy shit restored air options and overheads everywhere.

As a Sol player, FB sidewinder is definitely welcome, but it has no use as an overhead or in pressure because of the minimum height requirement on Sidewinder. Yes, I can get SW loops from the dumbest combos and start stuff, but Sol's air-to-air is honestly pretty shitty. Most of the cast have air normals that outrange j.P and j.H, or moves that outspeed or flat-out beat j.S and j.D. And we don't talk about j.K because it kind of sucks. I think it's better suited to random 5K/6P/6H(HAH) aerial counter hits into whatever. It's not bad at all, and is probably among the better half of FBs in the game, but I wouldn't call it the best. It's definitely no AC Exhaustion (Eddie), though.

EDIT: I actually just realized that j.K, while itself is generally poor and has trouble effectively comboing into j.S reliably after air-to-air, it lends itself to something much better now. Sol can easily do j.K j.D dj.FB SW. It doesn't save j.K from its clutch hitbox, but that alone should make going into FB SW extremely rewarding. Sol can probably go into empty jump SW loops following with how high that starting string would launch the opponent.

So maybe shitty isn't the right word. It's just that almost all of his aerials are extremely situational as air-to-airs and generally suffer since a lot of characters have aerials with better reach and hitboxes. J.P is still ridiculously amazing up close though, and j.H's hitbox is so wonky that it works when thrown out early.

I think roboky's fb is the worst fb in the game

its uses to restore your air options are generally for adding a few extra hits at the end of the combo, which don't do much damage due to the guard bar depletion and whatever scaling happened before

his mixup options still aren't great even with tk fb just because he has some of the worst jump in normals in the game.. and even if you do manage to land a hit, you just wasted 25% meter and lose out on a lot of damage potential

Eddie's FB Drill Special, Millia's FB Disc and FB Secret Garden are definitely contenders imo.