Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

So can people start tweeting @arcsystemworks on Twitter to ask when the +R update is planned? They've been pretty quiet for ANY news on this.

CHAAARGE THAT TWITTER PAGE.

(okay but seriously while I understand that these things can take time and you have a lot of other things your concerned with now considering CP and Xrd, +R when Arcsys)

Tried it for weeks now, never even remotely came close to getting a response.

I'm pretty sure it's all in Sony's and Microsoft's hands now.

Not liking their community feedback. Why make a branch in the US that does less than their great previous business partners - Aksys... *SIGH*. It shouldn't be that hard to make +R cross-platform. Patching it is a bit different, TECHNICALLY. But yeah. 0 feedback is really disheartening.

Ice Spike FRC is notorious, mostly because the timing on it changes depending if it hits, whiffs, or is blocked iirc. Luckily after #R (not sure about Slash) it wasn't as important to Dizzy's game.

I think most of the harder FRCs are ones that need to be done with more precise timing to get specific effects out of them (Getting Jam's 2D to FRC on-hit, Millia's hair car FRC timing to get different mix-up options, etc)

At least they've reduced the amount of sneakers they post.

+R is taking too long. Period. I don't mind continuing to work on AC, but it's not the "final version", and while I still have doubts I'm doing myself any good by playing AC right now, I would like to move on to play the version that's been out for months now. GG doesn't require localization - it requires porting, publishing and distribution on PSN, and of course it requires a netplay feature and performance patch.

I want my EZMODO block-dodging character to have her FB Tatamis already!

Ice Spike FRC is notorious, mostly because the timing on it changes depending if it hits, whiffs, or is blocked iirc. Luckily after #R (not sure about Slash) it wasn't as important to Dizzy's game.

FRC timing on projectiles do not depend on whiff/hit/block. Ice Spike is hard cuz timing is not easy to memorize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e-bPmiRR_Q

I think A.B.A got 1F FRC on her j.41236S. Several FRC is hard to do raw like Baiken's Youzansen FRC. Several got different timings like Axl's Benten FRC. Several got hit/whiff timing inside a FRC like Jam 2D or Axl S Raiesai. Kinda hard to say what is the most difficult here

Oh, okay, makes sense then yeah. Dunno what that Dizzy player was on about.

I did check though and there aren't any 1F FRCs in GGAC. Potemkin's Hammerfall is 1F in ACR iirc though.

Hmm weird. I wonder what made them change it to 1F...

I think it's incorrect translation. His +R FRC timing now starts on the 2nd active frame, so timing depends on hit/whiff. In AC it was on first active frame, so now it 1F after 1 active frame.

I think it's incorrect translation. His +R FRC timing now starts on the 2nd active frame, so timing depends on hit/whiff. In AC it was on first active frame, so now it 1F after 1 active frame.

Ok, so we know when the window starts, but how big is it?

I always have issues with Johnny's transport attack FRCs. The rest hasn't been much of a problem for me.

One thing I hate about those on pad is that you can't assign P+K+HS to a button. Which means you have to manually push those three buttons at once on pad (which is pretty freaking hard). On stick obviously it isn't an issue though. If you do the usual P+K+S you'll always get the travel follow-up because the S button overrules the FRC.

What are the hardest FRCs in the game currently? (AC and/or +R)

all FRCs that have their timing shift significantly because of situations, especially ky stun edge FRC (the hit stop & distance to the opponent makes it hard). chipp teleport frcs off of random chains can be very hard as well.

..and also, all the FRCs where you need to hit a specific frame DURING the FRC for stuff to happen, like jam puffball frc (first frame).

Edited by AtTheGates

getting used to FRCing an attack in neutral and then unlearning muscle memory because you input the special during hitstop is :( times

maybe I should learn dot frc based on vertical distance and not horizontal distance travelled lol

I figured people frc'd stun edge by looking at ky's cloak though?

One thing I hate about those on pad is that you can't assign P+K+HS to a button. Which means you have to manually push those three buttons at once on pad (which is pretty freaking hard). On stick obviously it isn't an issue though. If you do the usual P+K+S you'll always get the travel follow-up because the S button overrules the FRC.

Actually, there's this neat pad trick I've been telling people about whenever I get the chance that makes transport FRC... well, work like other FRCs. The game menu doesn't have a P+K+HS macro, but it does have P+K+S+HS. The interesting thing about this macro (and GG's other in-game macros) is that it won't input a button for the macro if you're already holding it separately. Thus, if you happen to be holding S (for example, after you input KJT) and hit the "IK mode" macro, the macro will input P+K+HS, which FRCs the transport (provided you time it correctly, of course.) Also, if miss the FRC this way it won't cause you to prematurely trigger KJ as a result either.

What are the hardest FRCs in the game currently? (AC and/or +R)

Zappa sword rush; hands down. Not only does it depend on if it hits, it also depends on the distance the sword traveled to hit the opponent.