Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

TK Youzansen is tough (4th frame frc) - and I'm not sure if doing it on Stick, pad or with Pad macro are any different. Not they you'd want to TK youzansen FRC unless you are godlike enough with you execution to IAD TK YZS FRC and then try for a double overhead. Waste of meter for what is only just a crossup, albeit creative.

You'd probably just get mashed at, anyways.

IAD TK YZS FRC

IAD TK? I'm no Baconator but I would figure it's IAD YZS FRC (since we are assuming that you're in the air with the IAD already and don't need to TK) but I most certainly could be wrong.

You can do the TK YZS in a way that goes over the enemy and then YZS - it hits on the back end of the swing - if you can do this motion, FRC at the 4th frame, you can get a fancy crossup for 25 meter, although I'm not sure:

A: If you will be facing the right way after FRC.

B: If you won't just get mashed anyways

C: If you shouldn't have just spent 50 Meter for typical situation where you can TK YZS which is still pretty godlike.

You can do the TK YZS in a way that goes over the enemy and then YZS - it hits on the back end of the swing - if you can do this motion, FRC at the 4th frame, you can get a fancy crossup for 25 meter, although I'm not sure:

A: If you will be facing the right way after FRC.

if you do it right, she'll turn around and you can do j.k or j.s for the crossup. it's super flashy and somewhat effective, but still pretty much just a really hard to input gimmick

Zappa sword rush; hands down. Not only does it depend on if it hits, it also depends on the distance the sword traveled to hit the opponent.

That sounds rediculous lol. I-no's throw frc is notoriously hard cause the frc point is in the middle of nowhere, and there is no real action/visual cue to performing it...just raw 2 frames during a static throw animation. Seriously though, notable mentions:

TK Yozansen

Chemical love 6frc6

Millia hair car mixup variations

Dizzy Ice Spike

Jam 2D (hit)

Buri 2D (close & far hit)

Actually, there's this neat pad trick I've been telling people about whenever I get the chance that makes transport FRC... well, work like other FRCs. The game menu doesn't have a P+K+HS macro, but it does have P+K+S+HS. The interesting thing about this macro (and GG's other in-game macros) is that it won't input a button for the macro if you're already holding it separately. Thus, if you happen to be holding S (for example, after you input KJT) and hit the "IK mode" macro, the macro will input P+K+HS, which FRCs the transport (provided you time it correctly, of course.) Also, if miss the FRC this way it won't cause you to prematurely trigger KJ as a result either.

A better trick is to macro P+K to a trigger button and FRC with P+K->H fairly easily. This also gives you easier access to FDCing your dash, something pad players mess up a lot. Also reasonable is just playing "claw-style," using your right hand to push the buttons as though it were a stick, and mapping D to left trigger.

If these all seem like interim solutions that aren't worth trying, you really ought to consider getting a stick.

That sounds rediculous lol. I-no's throw frc is notoriously hard cause the frc point is in the middle of nowhere, and there is no real action/visual cue to performing it...just raw 2 frames during a static throw animation.

Potemkin's the same way, though the "whoosh" sound effect corresponds pretty well to the FRC point.

A better trick is to macro P+K to a trigger button and FRC with P+K->H fairly easily. This also gives you easier access to FDCing your dash, something pad players mess up a lot. Also reasonable is just playing "claw-style," using your right hand to push the buttons as though it were a stick, and mapping D to left trigger.

If these all seem like interim solutions that aren't worth trying, you really ought to consider getting a stick.

I tried it that way first (granted it was a fairly long time ago) but I didn't like that I still had to squeeze my left finger and press my right thumb at the exact same time. What is often fairly rapid succession between the two is necessary for a lot of RCs/FRCs, but for me trying to do both at once (especially having to hit a different trigger than my usual RC macro to do so, and not having any other reason to press that other button) was quite uncomfortable.

Anyway, strictly speaking there really isn't a "better" (or "worse") way to go about execution, ultimately what matters is that the player can do what they want in a way that's comfortable for them. Based on how it's worked for me so far, I suspect that it'd be easier for more pad Johnny mains use my method, as it requires less memorization to ditch the P+K+S macro entirely for it as opposed to the one you describe. It's a change that requires adjustment, but instead of having to fight against your "old" muscle memory in order to adapt, the change only requires a small addition (holding the button input a bit for specials) as opposed to having to hit a different button for FRCs, or compared to something as significant as switching to stick (or going "Claw-style" for that matter, which is comparable IMO) so all things considered it's likely the lowest price to pay for such players compared to other options.

Edited by Chrome Homura

Don't be so toxic to pad players, Digital Watches!

But certainly whats more important is what you're used to; but there are clearly better and worse ways to go about things...

Most of those listed are pretty easy as you just do them without thinking. I think that I-no overall has most of the hardest FRCs in the game. Zappa's sword is just so tricky I usaully try to avoid it. Regardless we have it easy since the removal of true 1f FRCs... could never hit those Rensen Geki frcs :(

Also keep spamming arcsys twitter, guys!

Also keep spamming arcsys twitter, guys!

Spamming their Twitter isn't going to make them release it any faster. If I may, I suggest you stop with this pointless crap and let them do their jobs. We'll get it when they say we get it.

Edited by Vulcan422

I thought people were hounding them via Twitter for info. I don't think ASW owes anyone anything in terms of any product or service, but I also think they're being a little remiss in regards to how poor their communication has been with their customers. As far as I know, it doesn't sound like they've even confirmed the patch is still scheduled for a "spring" release since the initial announcement.

I wouldn't say I-No's FRCs are specifically hard. It's that she has to consistently perform sequences of 3-4 hard things (including the FRC) back to back to accomplish 1 link, and, unless they're in the corner, is required to do this several times per combo (or even in the corner if she wants to maximize damage).

I wouldn't say it's particularly toxic to make some suggestions for ways to make playing on a pad more effective, nor is it toxic to be honest and frank about the fact that a stick is going to be easier to use. Sometimes it's worth it to change methodologies to something that will produce more consistent results more quickly than to just say "keep doing what you're doing but practice harder, you'll get it down eventually."

As for the topic at hand, I'd argue the hard FRCs are the ones with different timings depending on what happens. There are a few where the timing is different if the move connects. Everything else is just muscle memory. Well that and the robo-ky one. That thing is bullshit.

Level 1 DP only comes out when you have less than 1 bar of meter. So you can't actually do the FRC for the move. And because of that, I don't think it counts as difficult.

Wow, that is fucked. Is RO affected by tension pulse? Would it be possible for to get that so high and be at just below one bar that landing the Lv1 DP would give him 1.1 bars (or however much it would be) needed to do the FRC?

Even then, the fact that it exists at all is just... lol.

RO has tension pulse and all the other tension mechanics, just severely muted.

Obligatory NRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :vbang:

Ran it through google tranlsate to a least get a laugh out of the terrible translation:

"Our home for the software and conduct in-order delivery from October 24, 2012

Very With regard to the dates of the patch delivery / title update "GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS (PSN / XBLA version)" (hereinafter, this work) of, which had been scheduled to update this spring initially development work is rough going has been delayed.

To all of you had you purchase it, I am sorry, but if we multiply the inconvenience,

I ask that you please wait for a while."

Damn.... oh well.