Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Well, you're most likely going to use that FRC by gatling Sdisc out of a normal, so practice doing things like '2K > Sdisc > FRC' and '6H > Sdisc > frc'. I think you'll be using it out of lvl 4 and 5 moves (like 5/6H) to keep pressure going (6frc6 to dash out of it), and it works out of other moves like c.S for tick throws.

When you're buffering it out of a normal like that, you have more time after the input to do the frc since the input is buffered and you have to wait for the move to start.

Otherwise, you'll have to do the input like 236S and immediately hit PKH while releasing S so you don't accidentally go into IK mode. That'll probably be the most consistent way to do it.

Otherwise, you'll have to do the input like 236S and immediately hit PKH while releasing S so you don't accidentally go into IK mode. That'll probably be the most consistent way to do it.

But there is literally no point in doing this...

As bobman stated...use it in a gatling. It's a solid way of pressuring without the pin.

You could maybe 2366S > PKH to do a dash-in Sdisc from neutral that cancels on startup. Not sure if that'd work, but you'd essentially wavedash a short distance for 25% and prorated meter gain. :v:

Otherwise... the point is to look awesome, or if you're doing this with Jam's 2D and the proper voice set, to be extremely annoying when you spam it. HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI

Didn't want to necro an older thread so I'll ask here. Can someone explain how attacks with throw invuln bait throws (ex. HOS 6K)? Since there is no throw whiff animation do people get countered because 5/6H usually have slower startup than the attack with throw invuln?

When used on oki, the knocked down player would wake up into the throw-invul move hitting meaty, so an attempt at even a fast 5/6H would get CH because they'd be waking up into a hitbox without blocking or being invincible.

When not in an oki situation, the speed would be a definite factor though. I think Millia's 5H is frame 6, so 4H would work in that situation since it'll fail the throw but start 5H fast enough move to beat the 6K. You know, assuming they started at around the same time.

My personal opinion on the +R tiers:

Slightly better than everyone else tier: Dizzy, Faust

Everyone else tier: everyone else.

Slightly worse than everyone else tier: Justice

And yeah, this delay sucks. Hurry up, ArcSys. =/

+R also has +R Chipp and his shenanigans.

Doesn't matter though since Guilty Gear isn't ass and you can win without being an elder god.

In other news, fuck netplay. Just cancel that shit.

the consensus on japan bbs seems to be zappa dizzy faust in the top tier, chipp right below. pretty much everyone else no one really seems to agree on, other than i guess bridget and venom are low, and of course justice has polarizing matchups

Damn, Faust is up there? Didn't expect that. At least Zappa and Dizzy take a lot of work... seeing Faust up there makes me cringe just a little, but at least he doesn't have that BS Exe Beast.

So in good news, Destructoid posted about GG's Evo finals: http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-footage-of-the-top-eight-guilty-gear-evo-tourney-258393.phtml

Just gotta RTSD on tournaments and press releases to get people to pay attention to stuff. Let's get +R to Evo's main stage next year if Xrd isn't out by then.

the consensus on japan bbs seems to be zappa dizzy faust in the top tier, chipp right below. pretty much everyone else no one really seems to agree on, other than i guess bridget and venom are low, and of course justice has polarizing matchups
It's generally held that anyone in the game could win a tournament, though, right?

Most fighting games could have anyone win a tournament.

GG is special because you don't actually need to be a complete god to win with any character, since each character has merits beyond the player behind. GG is cool that way.

Most fighting games could have anyone win a tournament.

GG is special because you don't actually need to be a complete god to win with any character, since each character has merits beyond the player behind. GG is cool that way.

Okay, let me rephrase that: it's generally held that no one in the game would be a truly bad choice for someone seeking to win a tournament, right?

I'm basically just asking, in a roundabout way, whether any character has a clear and/or noteworthy disadvantage over the rest of the cast. From what I've seen, not even Justice does, really, but the JP BBS is going to have a more informed opinion than I will.

It's generally held that anyone in the game could win a tournament, though, right?

i wouldnt recommend bridget or jusitce from that perspective. bridget got a lot of buffs but is still very hard to win with. justice youll run into really hard matchups. i think everyone else seems viable. venom is a bit tough as well but hes still got a lot more bite than bridget.

Edited by Dandy J

From my experience and from what I've heard from JP players, there's really not that large of a gap between tiers in +R. The general consensus seems to be that the lower tier characters (even Justice) are viable. Personally, I'd go as far as to say that the cast as a whole has gotten quite a bit stronger from AC. Can't really speak to what characters I feel are harder to learn in +R since so far I've only used Johnny.

If I had to say any character is being overlooked right now, it'd be Jam. I think she's easily a contender for A+/S.

i wouldnt recommend bridget or jusitce from that perspective. bridget got a lot of buffs but is still very hard to win with. justice youll run into really hard matchups. i think everyone else seems viable. venom is a bit tough as well but hes still got a lot more bite than bridget.

With Bridget IMO the biggest "problem" is to have the right "mentality" i.e. see the game from a "Bridget-esque" point of view. You may not have raw damage and okizeme but the character can have superior spacing, which is a harder advantage to make use of.

If I had to say any character is being overlooked right now, it'd be Jam. I think she's easily a contender for A+/S.

I agree with this 100% While FBPB might not be as much of a raw threat as it was in AC, the simple fact is once she gets a 22D off, ANY random hit (or grab, something that she didn't have in AC) will lead into high damage, knockdown, meter to 22D again OR strong okizeme. I believe as of now it's a harder to set up her amazing corner oki from AC, but I have faith that setups will be found.

And mind you, FBPB is still very much a threat once she has a Ryujin card, if not moreso. A change to FBPB is giving it one extra frame of invul, meaning now the attack cannot be stuffed after the invul starts.

Jam'll probably end up being in the A tier among other strong characters, possibly S, though I don't believe she has anything now that puts her into the "AC Eddie/Testament" tier. She still requires a strong neutral game and fights from a spacing disadvantage against many characters. Although, with ACR, I don't think anyone is AC Eddie/Testament tier.

I don't think anyone is AC Eddie/Testament tier

I wonder if Dizzy would qualify. Some of the stuff she got is pretty retarded. But then again, everyone more than ever, has some pretty retarded stuff so i guess it balances out.