Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

So let me get this straight, the patch could be coming out anytime in august? That's FREAKING AWESOME! SO HYPED!

Get hype for GG, want to play GG, then remembers finding players on AC+ is awful

orz

That's why you force persuade your friends to play this game.

*Looks at your PSN name*......wait

sadlife on xbl continues.

no future confirmed.

well...eventually future..... but my heart aches it does.

still no news of an eu ps3/vita release? what is taking them so long??? Its hard to get hype when youve been waiting a year for this!

Are you really still waiting for the EU version instead of just buying the NA version?

That's why you force persuade your friends to play this game.

*Looks at your PSN name*......wait

*sigh* They play PC games. One has a 360; that's it.

Today is now known as....The day of the Gear.

Yes.

I dunno, feels like Friday to me.

It definitely doesn't feel like a Friday.

I hope they covered ALL the AC+ glitches with this patch update.

now I can used the mook I purchased a few months ago for something other than "looking at pretty pictures and moonrunes"

Here's a properly translated version of the AC+R news announcement, courtesy of SRK:

A list of changes outside of character balance adjustments was also provided, which you can find below.

Major Points

Addition of latest game tuning version – Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R, currently available in arcades, along with its game tuning version are added. Check below for details.

Usability Improvements – Operability and usability improvements have been implemented. Check below for details.

Cumulative Bug Fix – Bugs confirmed since release have been fixed.

Game Version “AC+R” Added Contents

Screen change – The title screen of the AC+R version has been adopted. These changes have also been applied to the interface during matches.

Fighting section – The latest game balance tuning has been applied – When set to the AC+R version, the latest character balance tuning are applied, and the screen interface is changed to the AC+R version.

Help & Options – Addition of version switch function – In Game Settings, an AC/AC+R version switch menu has been added.

All Modes – Addition of AC+R Version – When the game version is set to AC+R, all modes are playable with the AC+R tuning version.

Ranked Match – Addition of Kliff and Justice – When the game version is set to AC+R, Kliff and Justice are playable as standard characters.

Player Match – Kliff and Justice Usable – When the game version is set to AC+R, Kliff and Justice can be used in all sessions (rooms).

Ranking – Addition of AC+R version scoreboard – In the ranking boards, AC+R only rankings have been added. The boards of the previous version also remain available.

Usability Improvements

Character Select Screen – Previous selection cursor memory – When transitioning to the character select screen, the cursor will highlight the previously selected character. *This function only works in Network Mode.

Overall Network – Improvement of designation methods for search conditions – “Area” and “Connection Quality” settings in network versus now have stricter search conditions for designation.

Ranked Match – Matching improvements – When using custom search, the search will now continue to retry until an opponent is found. *Can be canceled during the search.

Pre-match Preparation Screen UI Additions – At the pre-match preparation screen after matching, an icon displaying your connection quality to the opponent is added.

Pre-match Preparation Screen Sound and Vibration Additions – After matching is complete, sound effect and controller vibration notice functions have been added.

Session Continuation – When the opponent leaves the session, the session is now preserved.

Player Match – Room search improvements – When using custom search, the search will now continue to retry until an opponent is found. *Can be canceled during the search.

Lobby Screen Sound and Vibration Additions – When a new player enters the room, sound effect and controller vibration notice functions have been added.

Room Continuation – When the opponent leaves the room, the room no longer dissolves.

Other

Other – Improvements to other problem points. All discovered issues since release have been fixed.

It seems the new of +R being released has already brought a lot of life back to the community.

A lot of my friends who I usually see playing BlazBlue on PSN have now being playing Guilty Gear. I'm going to guess that people are trying to get rid of the rust from not playing Guilty Gear in awhile.

Unfortunately I don't see anything in there about lobbies > 2 people ?

But I'm already happy we should be playing +R "soon" :)

Unfortunately I don't see anything in there about lobbies > 2 people ?

This has me a little worried too. If player match lobbies continue being restricted to two players, that would be a huge blow to the game's online longevity even if they succeed in making the netcode less terrible. Maybe the larger lobbies were the main issue holding up the patch, so they said screw it and decided to stick with 1 vs 1 only...

Whatever the case, I'm just glad there's some news on the patch. With Xrd obviously being way closer to completion than anybody thought, I was honestly starting to worry console Plus R was going to get ash-canned.

Man, I'm sooooooooooooooooo happy right now! XD

To see the community livin' up again... yus! :)

still no news of an eu ps3/vita release? what is taking them so long??? Its hard to get hype when youve been waiting a year for this!
I second this comment

That's the speculation. But since US PSN updates on Tuesdays (today) and it's not there, I'm guessing we'll get it next week. =/

That's the speculation. But since US PSN updates on Tuesdays (today) and it's not there, I'm guessing we'll get it next week. =/

DAMN IT! I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!!