Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Yes, if your move is fast enough, it can recover and you'll be able to block the burst.

Yes, if your move is fast enough, it can recover and you'll be able to block the burst.

Sorry, you may have missed my edit: What's the best method for baiting Burst after landing Dust, generally. I play Ky, Sol and Johnny if I need to name characters.

What's the best method for baiting Burst after landing Dust, generally. I play Ky, Sol and Johnny if I need to name characters.

Not exactly character specific, but you can throw your opponent during the startup of their burst. So if you're doing an air combo, I believe that jump cancelling your move and doing an air grab would blow up their burst.

Edit: Here's a visual example of what I'm talking about.

Edited by Elochai

Do a crappy combo with your fast air normals and hold back while you're doing it. Assuming they burst, one of your normals will whiff and you'll block.

You might have burst safe dust combos as well (probably impossible dust combos) that take advantage of the hitboxes and ranges of your moves, but I don't know what they are.

If you know they're going to burst, you can just bait it by jump cancelling and blocking, or if you're really sure of when it's going to happen, you can throw them out of it, as Elochai suggested.

Homing Jumps are kinda weird, as evident by the impossible dust glitch. You can't regular block or instant block once your homing jump is underway, intill you cancel the homing jump state with something like a double jump or FD block. Though you can IB at the very start of your homing jump, for whatever reason. And I think there are ways to restart the homing state. shrug. I never tried to figure out homing jumps completely cause I figured they'd clean it up. (10 years latter with Xrd)

HERE'S A VIDEO TO HELP YOU OUT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CbroQuj384

Edited by 4r5

+R now available on US PSN via multiple twitter sources. Go get it friends.

Still no news on the US release of the patch huh... Bummer... -_-;

According to Madcatz and Markman it is out now, but I've heard that from literally nobody else and I can't check myself right now.

Edit: Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnnd he's wrong! I had my doubts when ONE person was tweeting about it, so yeah. Maybe that false start means it is happening soon, though.

Still no news on the US release of the patch huh... Bummer... -_-;

Couldn't wait 10 minutes huh?

Because the patch is out right now.

EDIT: oh shit twitter is wrong oh the humanity :vbang:

Edited by Yazumatto

Booted up the game about a minute after it was announced on the IPW stream that the patch was up, wasn't prompted at all on start-up.

tl;dr: Patch isn't up right now. The dream is dead, crawl back from whence you came.

Yep, false alarm. Markman confirmed he was told it was ready, and...nope. Sorry to kill xmas for everyone.

Yep, false alarm. Markman confirmed he was told it was ready, and...nope. Sorry to kill xmas for everyone.

Don't play with my emotions like that! Lolz! I feel like i'm in an abusive/dysfunctional relationship with ArcSys right now!

Is there a place that has the wakeup speeds listed for all the characters? I looked on the wiki but it doesn't seem to have one unless I missed it.

I'm not sure why but varying wakeup speeds are fucking me up way more in +R than they ever did in AC

edit: thanks

Edited by Effenhoog

I don't get the point of varying wakeup timings at all, I find it ostensibly stupid. In a game like SSF4 especially where Reversal timing is so facile.

Thanks to Tari and all others for the help.

So how come we don't have the wakeup times for Robo Ky, ABA, Order Sol, Kliff, or Justice? The last two make sense, but I'd think that since Slash, somebody would have found those out. I'm most curious about ABA, because as much as I like having all that extra time to setup an IK, I detest having the retime all of my oki game.

I'd also like to find out exactly how much time everybody has to go for the kill, because Chipp and Dizzy's take forever to start.

As a Johnny player fighting against slippery characters, like Chipp and Faust, you get a lot of unconventional knockdowns and I appreciate that extra few frames to position my oki correctly. Or just getting across the screen.

Personally, since I like to use Millia. It's great that some characters have longer knock down time, it'll be easier to set up Oki with Tandem Top and Secret Garden. Same goes with Dizzy and her Fish Summons.