Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Poor thing already suffers enough from being knocked down... Why'd they have to make it even worse for her...

Equalization.

If Moroha ABA is on you, you get fucked. If you're on her, to keep things even, she should also get fucked.

Equalization.

If Moroha ABA is on you, you get fucked. If you're on her, to keep things even, she should also get fucked.

Guess your right. Once ABA begins the Rape, it doesn't stop easily, that's for sure. And I guess it shouldn't be to hard for an experienced ABA player to get in without being knocked down, and it gives more of a fighting chance to characters with a weak defense like Millia and Dizzy.

I guess I get it now.

anyone getting any 2P VS freeze glitches? When me and my roommate play vs the game freezes, usually a couple times a session...the wierd thing is we only experienced it playing JO vs TE, and only in 2pvs mode, all other modes never froze. Granted the majority of our playtime is this matchup, but other char matchups havent froze on us. I full formatted my PS3s hdd and redownloaded the game and it still does it, which will usually fix a glitched downloaded game. Anyone else experience 2p freeze? hoping the patch will fix it...

anyone getting any 2P VS freeze glitches? When me and my roommate play vs the game freezes, usually a couple times a session...the wierd thing is we only experienced it playing JO vs TE, and only in 2pvs mode, all other modes never froze. Granted the majority of our playtime is this matchup, but other char matchups havent froze on us. I full formatted my PS3s hdd and redownloaded the game and it still does it, which will usually fix a glitched downloaded game. Anyone else experience 2p freeze? hoping the patch will fix it...

Some of the PS3s at the arcade over here will freeze on occasion. Haven't really figured out why, though we do think that Robo-Ky has a higher chance of causing freezes with all his flashy effects. Might be a heat problem in our case, though, so I'm not sure if it's the same as what you're experiencing.

Some of the PS3s at the arcade over here will freeze on occasion. Haven't really figured out why, though we do think that Robo-Ky has a higher chance of causing freezes with all his flashy effects. Might be a heat problem in our case, though, so I'm not sure if it's the same as what you're experiencing.

So Robo-Ky makes the PS3 overheat? This must be some top tier level irony. XD

Well, from what I understand, it has to do with how many projectile/particle effect elements are on screen all at once. Things like Lv3 Gunblaze, hit-smash light effects, the psychadelic effects that happen when a character is hit with a Lightning or Fire attack, etc etc...all cause the game to lag and mess with PS3's memory.

Edited by Blade

Robo-Ky's just kind of a glitchy character. I mean, wasn't his theme all messed up in Accent Core, like it wouldn't play, and sound effect volume became magnified?

Well, from what I understand, it has to do with how many projectile/particle effect elements are on screen all at once. Things like Lv3 Gunblaze, hit-smash light effects, the psychadelic effects that happen when a character is hit with a Lightning or Fire attack, etc etc...all cause the game to lag and mess with PS3's memory.

You're probably right. Order-Sol has frozen the system before, as well. The system just freezes most consistently with Robo-Ky.

Does this happen with the 360 version? I haven't noticed any slowdown or experienced a freeze myself on it.

I'll take note of the stages but it first started freezing at the slash ko screen, mostly when I threw a coin at my buds badlands. Also happens a lot when I killer joker during an air combo. Last time I ended w ensenga and game froze w the character stuck on fire...I am wondering tho about the amount going on w the screen cuz my bud lays out a ton of testaments traps all over the place.

Unlikely, I think, but I also find it odd we'd get a wrong rumor from a reliable source like we did. Makes me think they found a last-minute issue they needed to rush to correct, or something, so we may get it yet.

Unlikely, I think, but I also find it odd we'd get a wrong rumor from a reliable source like we did. Makes me think they found a last-minute issue they needed to rush to correct, or something, so we may get it yet.

To be fair, Arc never said the US release was this month. They never specified regions.

Hey, they originally said spring. They're already way behind.

Has PSN updated today? If it has, we may not be getting it this week. If it hasn't, maybe there's still hope?

Could someone help me with the distinction between Guts and Damage Modifier? I find a hard time discerning the difference - or it at least, the significance of the difference.

-Kimosabae

Damage modifier is a multiplier that is applied to all damage the character takes. Guts is the effect of the character taking less damage as they reach lower and lower hp levels. The guts rating for each character determines the significance of that effect. If you check the wiki, there are exact numbers for what amount of damage if taken at which point in the life bar.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Damage_%28GGACR%29#Guts_and_Defense_Ratings

For example, Justice is tied for the highest guts rating, and takes about normal damage (1.03). This means that you will really notice her taking significantly less damage toward the end of the lifebar. On the other hand, Eddie and Bridget also take about normal damage (1.06), but have the lowest guts rating, so hits near the end of their lifebar will still do a significant chunk. Dizzy, who takes higher damage overall (1.16), and also has a pretty low guts rating, will not get much additional benefit of guts and not have much resistance at the end of the lifebar. Whereas Potemkin, who takes the least damage overall (0.87), and is in the 2nd highest guts bracket, will have a ton of resistance near death, think several magic pixels type stuff.

Edited by Dandy J

Damage modifier = defense. How much more/less damage things do.

As you have less health, you take less damage as well. The higher your guts, the less damage you take at less health.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Damage_%28GGACR%29#Guts_and_Defense_Ratings

For example, Justice is tied for the highest guts rating, and takes about normal damage (1.03). This means that you will really notice her taking significantly less damage toward the end of the lifebar. On the other hand, Eddie and Bridget also take about normal damage (1.06), but have the lowest guts rating, so hits near the end of their lifebar will still do a significant chunk. Dizzy, who takes higher damage overall (1.16), and also has a pretty low guts rating, will not get much additional benefit of guts and not have much resistance at the end of the lifebar. Whereas Potemkin, who takes the least damage overall (0.87), and is in the 2nd highest guts bracket, will have a ton of resistance near death, think several magic pixels type stuff.

Thanks so much - this is what I was looking for. I was having problems making sense of their relation to each other.

Thanks again!

'Nother noob question - do you have access to Air Grabs during Air Dashes?