Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

What version is console +R because it doesn't show the version on the main screen? Also I was wondering how to select the original AC HS and D colors.

What version is console +R because it doesn't show the version on the main screen? Also I was wondering how to select the original AC HS and D colors.

+R should be 1.10

and you can't select those colors on console

Man, I remember when #R wasn't out in the states, and we had to run modded PS2s and import an actual disc from japan (Okay, not if you had the cool kind of mod, but still). Just bite the bullet and JP PSN it. Ultimately you spent 3x the money on your stick anyway, so it's kind of silly not to have the game when it's so easy (There's a handy guide posted for doing it, too).

Man, I remember when #R wasn't out in the states, and we had to run modded PS2s and import an actual disc from japan (Okay, not if you had the cool kind of mod, but still). Just bite the bullet and JP PSN it. Ultimately you spent 3x the money on your stick anyway, so it's kind of silly not to have the game when it's so easy (There's a handy guide posted for doing it, too).

Oh I got it when it was released lol...just crappy bc some of my friends are waiting for the american release or the 360 update lmao

It's more the salt over being promised an update this simple and still not having it.

360 players should be holding riots outside ASW HQ by now.

It's more the salt over being promised an update this simple and still not having it.

360 players should be holding riots outside ASW HQ by now.

This.

The R update is not really any different from the CS2 patch 2 years ago or so no? Then why are they struggling so much. I'll deal with it and just play R like AC in the mean time personally, since I refuse to buy AC 4 times, simply for an update no different and smaller than the CS2 update, when we were promised it months ago.

Forever twitter harassment until ArcSys lets me know whats going on.

Fucking xbox. Watching videos isnt enough anymore, but i dont want to keep driving over an hour whenever there are casuals just to play for a night and not get to hit the lab.

Im super glad for plus r, and i will hit every tourney i can for it thats reasonable to make, but this just sucks.

Buying a ps3, fixing my dual mod stick, and getting the jp ggac is just too hard a hit to take.

First ah3, then bbcp, now this..... ngh. Eventually i gotta get a ps3, but fuck. AND SINCE MCZ DIDNT HAVE SHIT AT SJ FOR ME TO BUY A DISCOUNTED STICK GAH FUCKING DAMN IT.

Sigh. /rant over

This sucks.

The R update is not really any different from the CS2 patch 2 years ago or so no? Then why are they struggling so much. I'll deal with it and just play R like AC in the mean time personally, since I refuse to buy AC 4 times, simply for an update no different and smaller than the CS2 update, when we were promised it months ago.

I suspect it's being held up by Sony/Microsoft. Pushing patches is notoriously difficult on PSN and XBL. I'm not sure why the PSN push is taking so long to get here though, since it's obviously done and approved for the Japanese version and the other versions seem like they'd be basically the same. Maybe Arcsys wants to release it roughly simultaneously with the XBL version? I dunno.

if I had to hazard a guess, they're waiting for CC to run its course. why put a product on the market and then release a free upgrade to another game that might compete with those sales?

still, would be nice to get some sort of acknowledgment on the matter. a simple "we don't know yet" would even be appreciated.

Well, I'm breaking down and just buying the Japanese game to update. (With a lot of salt I might add, because it's fairly hard and expensive to find Japanese PSN Point Cards or whatever you call them.)

Either way, Sony needs to get their shit together!

EDIT: BladeofJustice, It should be stickied in the Beginner Mode Forums i think.

Well, I almost have everything ready to get a Japanese Copy of Accent Core Plus to update, but I'm having slight difficulties with getting a digital Yen PSN point Card at Play Asia, but when ever I go to the purchase info for the digital card, it just says, Order Received along with the order number, am I supposed to wait for something, and if yes, how long do I have to freaking wait!

wait a day or two and check your email

if it doesn't come cancel the order and order them from japan-codes.

You'll probably have to check the mail later, unless you've bought the actual physical card. As others have suggested japan-codes.com is a trustworthy alternative to play-asia and other notorious online import stores.

Okay, thanks for the tips everyone, this is actually my first time importing something, and boy, is it a hassle for the first time!

Thank god for the awesome importing guide Kurushi wrote, it's been super helpful for getting everything ready.

Anway, if everything goes right, I should have +R on my PS3 by tuesday at the latest.

i just found out on EX versions of chars in +R, HS and D give their AC colors

i hate ASW

so thats where they went...thats pretty effed up, and arcade gets to keep em in their 'color sets'

I've been searching and i can't seem to find a definitive answer to the +R patch adding lobbies to the console version?

Sorry if it's been covered.

the original release notes from ARC say lobbies will be added with "winner stays" "loser stays" etc, but i've seen people mention that player matches are still only 1v1?

needless to say (but i will anyways) this is very disappointing news, essentially killing some enthusiasm here (online is the only regular comp i can get really:'( )

No explanation has been given for the "no lobbies" part AFAIK.

Maybe it was taking too long and they decided to say F* it, let's release now.

Or maybe it just wasn't possible to implement without making the netcode a lot worse.

what a massive hype killer!

back to my lonely 360 version of AC+ then :/

a small part of me hopes its still in the works, and they will release them all together...

/dreaming