Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

No explanation has been given for the "no lobbies" part AFAIK.

Maybe it was taking too long and they decided to say F* it, let's release now.

Or maybe it just wasn't possible to implement without making the netcode a lot worse.

Personally I'm thinking it's some form of game-related limitation. The netcode menu seems to be based on the PSP version, for one thing.

I would say "better late than never" but TBH I'm ready to just give it up and continue playing AC+ casually. This isn't worth the aggravation to work hard on right now.

Shame - I wanted to do Tatami loops.

Because using the faq and buying the japanese version of the game off PSN is so hard if you actually want to put any effort into it.

Because using the faq and buying the japanese version of the game off PSN is so hard if you actually want to put any effort into it.

Sad but true. But this is America filled with silly Americans. Just look at fucking Congress Jesus Christ this country sucks.

Huh, could've sworn I saw a stupid, pointless argument here. Wonder where it went. Oh well.

i will refer that photo every hour on the hour until they block me on twitter if this does not happen.

my patience is not an endless ocean. its just very fucking deep.

Well: at least its news: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=220062341493047&l=aad77e0e9e

There you go America, according to the bottom of a high heel shoe you get +R patch this year.

For fuck sake can we get a real PR scene over here. Cmon arc-sys.

Not gonna lie the AC release date on psn and xbl using a shoe was kinda original and humerous. But with all the delays and false statements I find that quite annoying now.

my patience is not an endless ocean. its just very fucking deep.

That's some deep shit broski.

I'm just glad we actually heard something.

Now that I know to expect December 31st, I can buy it off JP PSN without fear of it being released the next day.

I desperately want to get excited over this news, but between the lack of online improvements and the game-breaking macro glitches in the JP patch, I ain't even care.

Worst port ever of the best game ever. :(

...Maybe the reason for the delay is that they were working on a patch for the patch and didn't want to give the borked patch to anymore people. I don't really know that though.

If you ask me this means nothing. We've been given times all year with each one passing us by. At this point I really can't be happy with what they do until they release what they've been promising for the past year. Put up or shut up.

...Maybe the reason for the delay is that they were working on a patch for the patch and didn't want to give the borked patch to anymore people. I don't really know that though.

that would be sweet if they actually fixed glitches for US. The JP +R fixed some really minor bug I noticed that doesnt even effect gameplay, but still has the freezing OS stage and still doesn't have the random and stage bgm select, and the char option still disappears... so yea no idea if the patch is actually a fix or just a port of the JP+R. whats all the shoe pics for, a kick in the nuts?

that would be sweet if they actually fixed glitches for US. The JP +R fixed some really minor bug I noticed that doesnt even effect gameplay, but still has the freezing OS stage and still doesn't have the random and stage bgm select, and the char option still disappears... so yea no idea if the patch is actually a fix or just a port of the JP+R. whats all the shoe pics for, a kick in the nuts?

They've apparently discovered instagram. ArcSys USA is not a very professional company it seems.

They've apparently discovered instagram. ArcSys USA is not a very professional company it seems.

It's not a company, it looks like it's a single person lol

Anyway, no news on 360?

I'm not getting a ps3 just for this, not with xrd announced in a reasonable time for ps4

Is there some sort of method to make FRCs easier to do? I've been exploring the whole concept of FRCs lately and wanted to know if there is something known on the subject that I'm not aware of.

Is there some sort of method to make FRCs easier to do? I've been exploring the whole concept of FRCs lately and wanted to know if there is something known on the subject that I'm not aware of.

I think every character has their own little tricks of the trade for this. You'll hear people talk about looking at Ky's cape for stunedge FRC, etc.

I don't think there's any universal way, but there's definitely lots of small tricks compiled over the years.

The only recommendation I have is that if you're learning a move with an FRC before active (like on a projectile) or maybe even as the move goes active, make sure to learn the timing when gatling'd out of attacks of all levels. The hit/block-pause of moves increases by 1 frame per level, from 11 to 15, and that can throw off your timing. When you have to commit your FRC timing to muscle memory, you might get the FRC during your BnB or most basic block string at first because you're grinding that one sequence out, but you'll likely drop it when you need to adapt and do something different. I remember being able to hit 5K (vl2)> HCL > 6FRC6, but then dropping the FRC when doing 2S (lvl3)> HCL when first learning it.

DAT 1 FRAME DIFFERENCE

Dunno about any special tricks, but it might help to know there's a 10-frame "FRC Reject Miss" mechanic. Basically if you press 3 buttons during a move, you can't attempt to FRC for 10 more frames. So you can't mash it, of course.