Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

It would be nice if there were some way to pick the old HS and D colors. They still had them in the arcade version, unfortunately seems like we're stuck with Gold and Shadow. =(

I used to really notice the frame delay on the Xbox version, jumping between 360 and PS3 often, but I'm not really feeling it anymore. I think they patched it out. (Wasn't there something about trying to fix this in the patch-notes?) Might be worth testing for screen/input lag again, if anyone still has the means to.

EDIT: Also, hey, there's a new patch on the JPN PS3 version (1.02) and we can now set music to Random or Stage. Macro glitch still works, however.

Edited by Essay

Just experienced a crash twice with the latest patch on PS3, so I can confirm that wasn't fixed.

Mode: vs. CPU

Characters: Testament (1P) vs Johnny (CPU)

Stage: Frasco (the non AC version of Frasco)

Edit: here's more info on what's in the patch. Unfortunately in Japanese ofcourse.

http://contentssync-arcsystemworks.ambel.info/images/new/info/update/131011ggxxacp.pdf

Seems like there's a new function to take a screenshot from the XMB menu now, tried it out.

Edited by nstalkie

EDIT: Also, hey, there's a new patch on the JPN PS3 version (1.02) and we can now set music to Random or Stage. Macro glitch still works, however.

So that's what we've been waiting on... I guess the American PSN release took a backseat to fixing stuff... sucks to hear about the macros though. Oh well, it's not like I can afford to attend majors anyway :v:

Edited by Chrome Homura

Just experienced a crash twice with the latest patch on PS3, so I can confirm that wasn't fixed.

Mode: vs. CPU

Characters: Testament (1P) vs Johnny (CPU)

Stage: Frasco (the non AC version of Frasco)

Edit: here's more info on what's in the patch. Unfortunately in Japanese ofcourse.

http://contentssync-arcsystemworks.ambel.info/images/new/info/update/131011ggxxacp.pdf

Seems like there's a new function to take a screenshot from the XMB menu now, tried it out.

Yes, the Slash 2172 A.D and Frasco freeze, regardless of the characters you play with or how long. Well, looks like we're living with this glitch. I'm just glad I can finally use "Random" song selection.

It looks like the patch as only released on JPSN though, thought they would've sent it through NAPSN too. Oh well...

Can anyone confirm whether or not the macro glitch is present in the post-patch 360 version? I've been trying to experiment with it, but I'm not sure if I don't fully understand how it works/can't pull it off or if it simply isn't there.

Haven't had much time to play since the patch dropped. :/

macro glitch doesn't work in training mode. load up 2 players or something

The macro glitch does work on 360. You need to be in any mode other than Training Mode in order for it to work.

Yes, this also means it works online. I did Justice danmaku and got a few "WTF?" messages.

Yes, the Slash 2172 A.D and Frasco freeze, regardless of the characters you play with or how long.

Slash Frasco is my favorite stage ;-;

1. Make sure +R is turned on.

2. Select the default color palettes (not EX, Slash, or Reload).

3. Press the D button for any character.

And before this question gets asked yet again, if you press H you'll get some anime reference color.

Justice is special. I think it's her Slash palettes that are all Eva references (P is orange/white Unit 0, K is blue Unit 0, S is Unit 1, H is Unit 2, and D is like Unit 5 or 6). Most of her colors are references if I remember right... I just don't watch that much anime so I don't know what's what.

Has there been any discussion about the BB color references anywhere? I can't seem to find any and was wondering about who some of the characters such as Robo-Ky, ABA, and Testament were. And I'm pretty sure Justice's Dust color is Hakumen.

Has there been any discussion about the BB color references anywhere? I can't seem to find any and was wondering about who some of the characters such as Robo-Ky, ABA, and Testament were. And I'm pretty sure Justice's Dust color is Hakumen.

Testament H is Valkenhayn (Succubus is wolf color).

let's talk untechable time

i've been testing this so i can better understand what combos to do on the fly. it turns out untech is not necessarily determined by the number of hits

here's my evidence. record yourself as slayer doing 5K xx FB dandy, heel, 5H xx utow, 6H. most opposing characters will do (6H link doesn't work on sols). the 6H after undertow...

- does combo after c.S starter

- does combo immediately after 2H starter

- does combo after j.S(2) starter

- does NOT combo after 6H starter

- does NOT combo with slight delay after CH c.S starter

in particular, the 3rd and 4th points imply hitstop is a factor. i'll spare the math, but assuming that every character obeys the same laws of combo physics, untech begins to deteriorate around slightly less than 3.5 seconds 3 seconds of game time (including super freeze)

does this figure correlate with combo routes for other characters?

edit: just occurred to me, i included the hitstop/recovery of undertow in my calculation (28 frames), which doesn't matter. result makes much more sense

Edited by SuperJ

let's talk untechable time

i've been testing this so i can better understand what combos to do on the fly. it turns out untech is not necessarily determined by the number of hits

here's my evidence. record yourself as slayer doing 5K xx FB dandy, heel, 5H xx utow, 6H. most opposing characters will do (6H link doesn't work on sols). the 6H after undertow...

- does combo after c.S starter

- does combo immediately after 2H starter

- does combo after j.S(2) starter

- does NOT combo after 6H starter

- does NOT combo with slight delay after CH c.S starter

in particular, the 3rd and 4th points imply hitstop is a factor. i'll spare the math, but assuming that every character obeys the same laws of combo physics, untech begins to deteriorate around slightly less than 3.5 seconds 3 seconds of game time (including super freeze)

does this figure correlate with combo routes for other characters?

edit: just occurred to me, i included the hitstop/recovery of undertow in my calculation (28 frames), which doesn't matter. result makes much more sense

My gut feeling says untechable time scaling has more to do with GB - and proration than game time. Hence why off a cranked guard bar you can do several hits (until the guard bar hits neutral) and continue to do a full normal combo afterwards.

When you say it does not combo, where exactly does it break? It could have to do with hitboxes and pushback as well.

Sorry to bring this up in the midst of Xrd excitement and whatnot, but has anyone tried posting on Yamanaka's twitter or anything? Last time, that's what it took to get him to own up to their horrible release planning. He made multiple tweets apologizing and admitting that certain regions were forgotten (even listing them by name). I don't have Twitter so yeah... just wondering. Does he even know that North American PSN players or Canadian (and most of Europe, if it's like AC's release) Xbox players don't have the update?

So I'm rather new to this series, and I'm wondering if getting this game would be a good prelude to Xrd. From what I can tell, there were two main "generations" of GG, Reload and AC (correct me if I'm wrong), and the way people are going in the Xrd thread, the two had quite heavy differences. Now, Xrd is apparently based on the Reload "generation", and since this game is an AC "generation" as far as I can tell, I'm wondering if anything I learn in this game will be able to eventually apply whenever Xrd finally drops. Then again, we have no idea what Xrd could be like in the end so it could be moot.

Though I only have a Vita on me...PS3 died.

The only major system mechanics you'll have to unlearn for Xrd are certain new/replaced moves from AC & +R, Force Breaks, and Slashbacks. The transition should be fairly seamless.

So I'm rather new to this series, and I'm wondering if getting this game would be a good prelude to Xrd. From what I can tell, there were two main "generations" of GG, Reload and AC (correct me if I'm wrong), and the way people are going in the Xrd thread, the two had quite heavy differences. Now, Xrd is apparently based on the Reload "generation", and since this game is an AC "generation" as far as I can tell, I'm wondering if anything I learn in this game will be able to eventually apply whenever Xrd finally drops. Then again, we have no idea what Xrd could be like in the end so it could be moot.

Don't buy a game with the expectation of it being a warm-up or a training exercise for a game you actually want to play; buy a game if it looks fun and rewarding and you think you'll get enjoyment out it.

At this point, it's anyone's guess what gameplay mechanics will carry over from AC/+R to Xrd. That said, I think AC is a good enough game that it warrants picking up just to experience it as a stand-alone title, regardless of how many hours of training it might or might not save you when Xrd comes out.

Don't buy a game with the expectation of it being a warm-up or a training exercise for a game you actually want to play; buy a game if it looks fun and rewarding and you think you'll get enjoyment out it.

At this point, it's anyone's guess what gameplay mechanics will carry over from AC/+R to Xrd. That said, I think AC is a good enough game that it warrants picking up just to experience it as a stand-alone title, regardless of how many hours of training it might or might not save you when Xrd comes out.

Agreed.