Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Well, no news on the American PS3 patch. PS3 patch is out in Japan, so we know that it can't be a PS3 issue, and X360 has it over here, so it can't be a translation issue... Not that there'd be much to translate, so... It's just an ArcSys being dicks issue? At least I don't live in Europe or Australia. You would think digital releases could be simultaneous worldwide. At least maybe in the age of discs companies could disingenuously blame the fact they have to ship the damn things.

At least we'll probably get it before Xrd hits arcades...

On the other hand, I'm pretty hype for +R and once we get the patch all will be forgiven. Then I can go back to waiting for Xrd. And hoping it has all the characters I like.

so i've been looking through this thread and couldn't really find how to download gg+r. I actually just got a ps3.

how do you download +r on japanese PSN? i almost bought japanese PS points to dl the jap version but i know you just need to DL the patch.

so i've been looking through this thread and couldn't really find how to download gg+r. I actually just got a ps3.

how do you download +r on japanese PSN? i almost bought japanese PS points to dl the jap version but i know you just need to DL the patch.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16987-Importing-101

The patch files are SKU specific. If you have the US version of GGAC, you can't get the JP version of the +R patch. Sorry if you already know that, but your question made it sound like you didn't. If you don't already have the JP version, you would need to buy JP PSN points and get it first, then get the free +R patch for it. But considering how long you've been waiting as is, I'd probably recommend holding off at this point. You'd just hate Arcsys even more if you paid like $30 for the points to buy a $15 game, then the patch came out for the version you already have.

Anyway, maybe Arcsys doesn't realize the patch isn't out yet (that'd be a colossal **** up)? Maybe it failed submission? I mean, that 100% crash one Slash AD2172 and that other stage are still there right? That sort of thing can get a game kicked. Maybe the testers just really really sucked testing the GGAC port, AND the JP and Xbox versions, and it didn't get caught until SCEA tested the +R patch? *Shrug*

Also, I think "jap" is considered a derogatory term, so try to avoid using that and use JP/JPN instead.

11:40 p.m. CST No sign of the AC Plus R patch, yet another week (even permitting the rumor).

_Sym, either you were yanking our chains or your source for December 4th isn't reliable....OR they are just royal screwups like the above implies.

Well, I'm back to assuming Xrd will be out in arcades before US PSN gets the patch. And forget about Europe and Australia. Oh well. At least Order-Sol hasn't changed too much so if I get to play +R in person it shouldn't be too much adjustment. (And it's not like I knew matchups anyway having so few opponents, so that won't really get worse.)

So I bought JPSN +R a few weeks ago. However, it appears to have some oddities, with one being a hindrance towards playing: Firstly, there would be this small black bar underneath the game display, which I haven't seen within any other PSN copy of the game I have used, and another would be a very noticeable amount of slowdown while playing. As within, it's almost as if the game is running at 30 FPS. I have attempted redownloading the game, but that hasn't shown any effect. Has anybody else discovered or heard these problems before? If it's relevant, the console's model would be a 500GB Super Slim (I have heard of some problems with Slims before, but only concerning occasional overheating).

I have not heard of that happening. I would think that maybe it's from using a JP version in EU, but the PS3 is set up to work in any region as far as I can recall, so the games should be the same too. Maybe the port, being based off of the PS2 version, still cares about stuff like PAL vs NTSC compatibility? Maybe the super slim isn't all-region compatible?

Is there anyone else in Europe that bought the JP version of +R on PS3 that can confirm this?

Only other idea I'd have is that if you swapped out the HD for one made by Phisher Price or Tonka, that could cause performance issues because of the streaming slowdown.

InWithTheAshes

Are you using HDMI to connect PS3 to your TV? I've heard of similar issues when people tried to use component cable.

TheRealBobMan

Japanese version works just fine in Europe, no problems.

So, with the holidays coming up soon, I guess this +R on NA PSN before the end of the year is just a troll? =______________=

This Thursday is probably the last shot of it going up this year still :(

Yeah, that's sounding a lot like you're using a composite cable instead of HDMI. PAL PS3s force everything to operate at 50hz if outputting with a composite cable. The port also has no 4:3 support. Only 16:9.

Hmm. I do indeed use component, but would the Hz output issue cause slowdown universally with the console? I use the same setup to run BB and Chaos Code, and they seem entirely fine.

Also, sorry for not responding earlier, sometimes I'm dumb and don't check things :v: .

No AC+R with today's PSN update :(

Only one more update coming up for this year.

Are you saying the poorly sharpie'd bottom of a high heel lied to us?

No AC+R with today's PSN update :(

Only one more update coming up for this year.

The US PSN updates are on Tuesdays, not Wednesdays. So there are actually two more updates this year.

inb4 the patch still won't come out on either

Anyone prepared to bet it will be out before Xrd hits arcades? I'm not. You would think it could have happened by now. Can't be a PlayStation issue, can't be a localization issue. Unless somehow US PSN disallows the same code that they allowed on JP PSN. (As speculated about the crashing)

silly defensive training regimen partially inspired by this very useful post

go into training mode, set the opponent to order sol, and set the dummy to maniac CPU and lvl2 fix charge level. start blocking.

- when hos jumps or iads into you, react with air throw

- when you are not in range to air throw, AA normal

- react block 5D and 2H

- when the opponent is out of 2D range (or can't 2D) and performing a blockstring, block high. react to charge cancel by going low

the primary purpose of this is to practice air throwing, using hos's aggressive jump. might as well practice your high/low defense too! 5D is doable. 2H is a bit difficult because of the subtle animation. i can't react to bandit revolver to save my life so that's where the last bullet point comes into play. i guess hard mode would be reverting to AC because of the faster dusts

even if you can't react to all this shit at once, and i know i can't, this sort of training teaches you to watch the tennis ball (your opponent). this can't possibly be a bad thing.

obviously this isn't a silver bullet. the real thing is better than the fake thing; the CPU almost never fafnirs and does not threaten you with three-way GB mixups; purely reactive play is super exploitable; etc. but if you have a vita and you're bored on the commute give it a try

Honestly maniac CPU in general is a great way to grind your raw reaction time if you don't have access to a good player of a particular character. You'll learn bad habits as far as what you expect to happen in a given match, but if you're good at sandboxing your expectations and just reacting to what's happening, you'll definitely get faster.

Of course, the best way to get good fast is just to find the best person in your area and play long-ass sets against them.

Both approaches will get you serious gains in ability if you're able to stay alert, pay attention to what's happening, and try to improve your win rate, both at the level of individual exchanges ("Huh, guess that button isn't an answer to Sol's j.S, better try something else next time". "Huh, I guess Anji can set up an overhead off that. Better watch out for that next time." Hint: If you're paying attention to what consistently works, most of your answers will converge on some form of "Block!") and of whole matches. With the exception of the rare person who just isn't capable of the tech skill required to play (Like if you're somewhere near the bottom of the human bell curve in terms of raw minimum reaction time, unfortunately it's unlikely you're going to be a top player. But lots of top players cluster near the human average, since reaction time isn't everything, and most people in general cluster near the human average of everything almost by definition), people are usually limited by either their level of available competition or their attention span (How long a set can you play before fatigue sets in and you're not learning anything anymore? People tend to assume it's infinite, but there's a lot of science that says it really isn't at all) or their approach (I've seen a lot of players fail to improve simply because they're not thinking about what to do differently. They blame their execution or assume some tactic a better player is using is unbeatable. Even if you don't think you're doing this, you might be. To really improve, you have to be thinking while you play. Like all the time. If you autopilot, you might actively get worse. If you're starting to play dumber, maybe take a break.)

Of course, if you have even one person with whom you can consistently compete, and both of you want to get better, you can improve quite a bit. Similarly, if you're really determined and grind against maniac CPUs, you'll at least get to a pretty decent level compared to most of the United States, if only because you know the answers to a lot of tools of a lot of characters, and are probably close to your theoretical maximum reaction time. I've heard someone claim that's how Mahouko learned to play, for example.

Edited by Digital Watches

Someone write "Where the fuck is NA GGAC+R for PS3?!" on the bottom of a shoe and ship it to ArcSys headquarters.

How about I write it on a brick and throw it through their office window

If not today, then Dec 31st (last Tuesday of the year). New year's eve miracle.

Honestly it's pretty ridiculous that they waited till the very last week of the year (assuming they still plan on releasing the patch "Before the end of 2013")