Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

I can't answer for anyone else, but I still have faith in GG enough to play it at any given opportunity. I don't have access to +R atm (let alone the internet connection necessary for quality games with people) but I'm still hungry for glory.

Who's with me?

Does anyone still even play this anymore? Just asking.

Nope. I don't think it's coming out and I have nothing good to say about playing or participating anymore. If it actually happens I'll play for a couple of weeks, so catch me then or message me to play me in AC+. I'll play if you want me to.

There's really no excuse for the +R update to not be ready for the NA PSN version of GGXXACP by now. It really should have been released alongside the JP release date for the update, if not like a week later or something. I'm on Xbox 360 and have the patch already and I agree this shit is taking way too long for you PS3 folks that don't already have the JP version.

Most people that REALLY care about GG have AC+R one way or another. There's plenty out there, you just won't find them in netplay outside of pre-arranging because of how bad it is. For the few still waiting, the JP and US versions are region free netplay wise, so the online playerbase will remain constant.

*sigh* good sir, I give more fucks about Guilty Gear than most humans throw away in a lifetime of debauchery. As a PS3 owner with no budgeting skills or friends, I made my decision to wait in July. If someone had informed us it would take half a goddamn year for them to localize a fucking patch, I would have made a JP account at the speed of Kusoru's DI VVRC whiffed wild throw back then. But somebody (I forget who) convinced me to keep my funds in check, saying that a JP account wasn't worth the money.

Whoever that person was, they deserve to die.

*sigh* good sir, I give more fucks about Guilty Gear than most humans throw away in a lifetime of debauchery. As a PS3 owner with no budgeting skills or friends, I made my decision to wait in July. If someone had informed us it would take half a goddamn year for them to localize a fucking patch, I would have made a JP account at the speed of Kusoru's DI VVRC whiffed wild throw back then. But somebody (I forget who) convinced me to keep my funds in check, saying that a JP account wasn't worth the money.

My friend told me that right around the 360 patch came out, I punched him the face the next day.

It's not like they knew though... at this point I wonder if ASW just decided that everyone who wanted +R already had the JP version...

Arc System Works USA

Guilty Gear fans, we have an apology to make.

Back in September, we announced that the GGXXAC+R patch would be out by the end of the year. That was based on the best information we had at the time, given the status of the XBLA patch. Unfortunately, the PS3 patch is still in development and WILL NOT be out this week.

We delayed announcing this because we were holding out as much hope as you were. We are very sorry for the delay! If it's any comfort, the lack of resources on the +R patch is due to the ongoing production of Guilty Gear Xrd.

Again, our biggest apologies and thanks for the continued patience and sticking with us. We owe you!

Someday ASW will care about something that is not Japan, someday.

I'll lay out the same arguments I made before:

- I already have AC+ on PS2. I have no problem playing the game on PS2 anywhere I am. No one is going to take AC+ away from me. No one took away AC+ from the GG community. It's always been there.

- The PS3 version was bought for 15 bucks on the assumptions that A: It would be more accessible and B: It was being updated. Neither of those things were done. The only accomplishment on Item A is people can use their current-gen sticks. Whatever. The netplay is frustrating to unbearable. I accidentally bought a PSP version because I had misplaced an earlier release date that was given.

I bought the PS2 version. The PSP version, and the PS3 version.

No more. I had spent enough. I wanted the value I was promised. I'm glad I have SOME kind of netplay, since it means I get to play the game at all, but goddamn!

So it was delayed again - No big deal. I have other things to do - so I'm not sweating any continued (empty) promises. I don't even expect them to patch the Macro Glitch which has caused such a goddamn stink I can't get it out of my fucking clothes.

Anyways: If we're going to bring the "Real Players" shit into this thread we might as well delete the entire forum right now so the "real players" can jerk each other off someplace where no one has to see it. What the fuck is a real player, anyways?

Edited by Star-Demon

Eh, the whole reason why I bought GGAC+ was for the R update. Part of me is happy that GGXrd is getting quite a bit of attention but the other half demands GGAC+R because it would be the latest GG out right now until GGXrd arrives.

Growing tired of these delays and GGAC+ will continue to collect virtual dust on my ps3.

Someday ASW will care about something that is not Japan, someday.

Thanks for the update. I'll have to help my friend get JP +R since this is bogus. Blargh... how can this be out in Japan but not in the US? NTSC and NTSC-J are so similar that the store I used to work at would sometimes buy JP copies if it could import them for cheaper (extremely rare) since most people didn't notice the difference. :v: I can't think of any reason for this to still be "in development". Sometimes you get region specific issues, but still...

Hey, did they post this today? As in, they waited until the last possible moment of the year to say anything?

I'll lay out the same arguments I made before:

So it was delayed again - No big deal. I have other things to do - so I'm not sweating any continued (empty) promises. I don't even expect them to patch the Macro Glitch which has caused such a goddamn stink I can't get it out of my fucking clothes.

Anyways: If we're going to bring the "Real Players" shit into this thread we might as well delete the entire forum right now so the "real players" can jerk each other off someplace where no one has to see it. What the fuck is a real player, anyways?

The macro bug isn't that big of a deal. The freakout really came from people (myself included) not realizing how effective it could have been, because the people that already knew about it (and apparently there were plenty since it's been in older GGXX versions) didn't document the issue in a public place. We had to rediscover that shit and waste time on it. It'd be great if a lot of bugs got fixed, but by this point they'll call it a legacy issue and ignore it (that's the development keyword for "we missed a bug in an older version and don't want to fix it because no one complained enough or because it's easier to say 'not fixable'"). Fortunately the issue is really only a big deal with Baiken being able to do Sakura against even lvl 1 moves, which is a problem with her design and not so much the bug itself. And even then you need slashback-tight timing to do it, so it's not game breaking. It's just slightly easier with the macro bug. Baiken could already guarantee the chain counter against lvl 3 moves in AC, which I didn't even realize until the macro bug popped up. *Shrug*

As for "real players", I can't tell you what they are, but I can tell you what they're not: True Scotsman.

So anyway, I want to apologize to anyone that I convinced not to buy JP +R in the past. I was operating off of the assumption that ArcSys weren't incompetent, which is how they look right now. I'm going to ask some questions when I go back to work so I can calibrate just how pissed off I should be at this. The PS3 patch is out for the JP SKU and they're nearly the same. You'd think that if there was some issue holding it back, it would have been resolved within a week or two, which is how long it seems to take publishers to patch major ****-ups at launch. :arg:

Xrd has more anticipation than SF4 and Smash4? Injustice and KI didn't win FGotY?

This is a really high point to end the year on. Thanks Tataki.

I actually live in Japan right now, so I went OUT OF MY WAY to get the US version because I wanted to show my "western" support. I suppose the universe has trolled me. lol

But, if they are trying to release an updated patch and that's why they didn't release the current one...eh, that's still kind of smarmy, but I could accept it. Because there is no good reason why the X360 and Japanese PSN has the patch in all of the languages required, but US PSN doesn't.

As for Europe...well...

Everyone who bought the JP version, along with me who told ppl not to wait for an unspecified release date: "Told you so"...

Now you can either say fuck it and do what we said back in August, or stay free for who knows how much longer.

Good? Cool.