Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

the majority of people are simply waiting for the US release

That's all people need to know. That's all you need to do. No complaints, no contests, no spending extra cash on a yen card. FREE AND SIMPLE.

I don't take Jonio's tier list very seriously because I never get to see a full spread of characters whenever I try to watch.

The player's guild tier list is interesting but I don't quite understand any reasoning behind it. Baiken and Jam being so downwards and close suggests they have some unfavorable matchups, which doesn't account for their strengths.

Justice is top tier, This is a big reversal from last year when she was considered ass - Macro Glitch in Arcades?

In fact, this list looks upside down. Now I'm really lost. What happened? Am I even reading this right?

Edited by Star-Demon

I'm pretty sure the list is based off of percentage of wins of character X vs character Y. There could be a good Justice player that shows up when all the newbs show up. Justice could have a relatively small sample size of matchups against characters that are potentially good against her. Justice is still relatively new to the arcade scene so players are still learning to deal with her. Even if it's already been more than a year for players in Japan, I think zoners have a tendency of looking really strong early on in a game since they often require precision to deal with.

Part of Justice being bad before was that nukes did not go through other projectiles. Justice X Venom is now considered to be pretty strong in Justice's favor since her nukes go through his balls, but it used to be the other way around and it was practically a 9:1 matchup in Venom's favor because of that. I also don't remember what her other changes may have been since back then, but she's definitely not weak. Most of the early footage showed her doing sub optimal combos for a really long time anyway. When Justice hits you, expect to lose 35% of your health. If she throws you, expect to lose 30%, and she has Pot's throw range without needing to FRC to confirm to damage. Her guts is lvl5 too.

The macro bug is sort of blown out of proportion for Justice. Nuke spam has a place as a tactic, but it doesn't break the game. Anyone that still thinks otherwise needs to play against Pignuts. I've played against nuke spam, and it's no where near as scary as a competent player like him launching ONE nuke and walking forward. Of course if you get cornered and she's full screen with 3 nukes on you, continuing to spam might be the better idea... and if you're ABA, good luck with that.

Baiken being low doesn't surprise me even though she's good. Her main strength, the meterless guard reversals, have mostly been changed up, and they're abilities that require knowledge of OTHER CHARACTERS to use well. I can learn to execute new I-No tech relatively easy by comparison: Baiken has to learn the new properties of her moves, and how they apply against everyone's tools (including any new ones). Her main BnB also got nerfed, so it's that much harder to use her (that might have even discouraged older players from using her). Eventually someone with really good timing is going to start using Sakura correctly and she'll move up. Her damage is better if she dumps meter too.

Jam... not sure what's up. Maybe she's just that bad and Justice is just that good. *Shrug*

These things are great reference material, but it's never a good idea to take them too much to heart. It's not like Justice having a lot of even or favorable matchups means she's unbeatable. She has potentially six matchups that are 7:3 in her favor. :v: She also has five matchups that are in the other character's favor.

Edited by TheRealBobMan
Stuff

THAT IS NOT A TIER CHART. That's an in-game ranking system based on results that happen in matches on the cab/cabs.

where's jonio's list? lol dai, guess it's not a tier chart anymore.

Couldn't agree more, Ronove.

I don't even get where this idea that #Reload is the better training tool for Xrd came from, honestly. We got an offhanded comment that the gameplay system for Xrd was going to be more similar to #Reload to the extent that it would remove several mechanics from Slash and AC, and everybody took that to mean the games' engines were going to be nearly identical?! And this is even in light of the fact that we have confirmation that Xrd uses several never-before-seen system mechanics; has different hitstop and movement speed; and we already know that the revealed characters' move lists are different AND a bunch of #Reload combos no longer work.

If people want to play #Reload because they honestly like the game, then great. But this idea of going back and playing an old game with a dead community solely because it might barely resemble an upcoming new game closer than its more modern and better-balanced sequel? I'm sorry, but I see zero logic in that line of reasoning. It just reeks of desperation to get a miniscule edge on the competition come release day, which won't even matter for the majority of DL users since Japanese players will have already gotten MONTHS of practice on us by the time the home version comes out.

agreed white man.

Edited by GreasyGyro718

We've waited this long. I think practically everyone who didn't bite the bullet and get a JP psn account by this point can empathize when I say that if I were to do so and buy it tomorrow, the thought of it coming out at any given point afterwards is so insulting that I would literally dehydrate and die from all the salt. Even if it didn't, nothing could ease the pain of having suffered this long without it short of Daisuke himself handing me the singular copy of a special-edition version of the game with a function where I could get free blowjobs from the female character of my choice at any point by inputting 632146D.

In other words, it'd feel dumb to cave in. By now, who on earth wants to admit that?

Even if it didn't, nothing could ease the pain of having suffered this long without it short of Daisuke himself handing me the singular copy of a special-edition version of the game with a function where I could get free blowjobs from the female character of my choice at any point by inputting 632146D.

I hate signature limits, lol.

Screencap it and post it as your sig. And Homura, your post literally made me laugh outloud.

I think at this point you might as well cave and just buy the game. ArcSys officially fucked up the release of GGAC (more so ACR) on both xbox and ps3.

We won't be seeing proper release of the free patch update anytime soon, if not at all.

The question isn't whether Japanese fighting game makers care about the US market.

They don't. That's been settled for at least a decade. They don't care and they will never care.

The question is whether you want to actually play the game, and the actual effort required is minimal.

You may believe there is a value in being stubborn. I am here to tell you that in this case there is not.

Edited by Digital Watches

The question isn't whether Japanese fighting game makers care about the US market.

They don't. That's been settled for at least a decade. They don't care and they will never care.

The question is whether you want to actually play the game, and the actual effort required is minimal.

You may believe there is a value in being stubborn. I am here to tell you that in this case there is not.

You're right, but while I'm not incapable of swallowing my pride it's a tough pill to take. I mean, do you remember that conversation we had about driver's licenses the first time we met? I still have no idea how to drive... I feel like I've been so busy struggling to learn how to interact with people that I have no time for figuring out how to earn a living, or otherwise gain influence in the world. I'd still drop anything to play GG if anyone who mained it ever dropped by my local venue, but it's difficult to seek other possibilities when there's so little to seek from where I am. Without the aforementioned resources I can't even buy a good router to play online without lagging my opponents to death, and nobody here ever drives to Portland. The last time I got to play a real person was against Randy in Salem a couple weeks ago, and we're both rusty as fuck. Yet for some reason I was winning, and it occurred to me that this was happening despite the fact that he was the one crushing me that one day at Mark's, along with everyone else I played against... But hey, so many other great memories of that day right? Getting salty at you for no reason, forgetting that a 2 hour ride should've been arranged when I got there instead of right when it was time to leave, having a fucking breakdown at pita pit, leaving my backpack in the trunk after... And probably not even bothering to say thanks for any of it. Good times, ne?

...And yet, for all that's changed I still can't figure out on my own whether you're just being funny or actually mocking me. Internets, right? However, I'm not who I was then. The me of '09 would have continued to treat you as a wall and aimlessly broken his skull in search of a mere understanding between two people (it's weird how we like, care about things, I'd toss every possession I own out my bedroom window just to get you to stop being so damned cryptic) but I have different ideas now. I may not be practicing what I preach at this point (I mean, I'm bitter. You probably have no idea how much that one-liner affected me) but in spite of my defensive attitude here, I'd still give you the benefit of the doubt in person. I'd trust you anyway, no matter how stupid that sounds... So I'll leave it at that.

It would seem I haven't had anything to post here about in forever aside from being salty. But that's a privilege I can afford, because why not? People don't need reasons to complain on the internet, I was using those expressions to let go because I was pissed at something else. Just because I said all that up there doesn't mean I'm not gonna blow the 40$ or whatever it'll cost to get +R on my PS3... it just means I'm gonna be angry about it when I do. But sadly I've got more important issues on my plate than GG, so it might be a while before I end up doing that.

Edit: Well nevermind, it seems I still indeed am terrible at communicating. I just re-read my previous post and noticed it's missing a coherent point. I put a lot of reminiscing in there to see what you'd say, mostly because I'm curious about your opinion of me as a person I suppose. I was also wondering aloud when it came to discerning the cause behind my success against Randy's Chipp (though if I had to guess, I'd say we traded hits and my character still takes more of them to die) but in all honesty I think I was just seeking recognition, however crude my methods were. I wanted to say that I had reasons for being stubborn about this particular thing, but lost myself along the way.

Edited by Chrome Homura

Okay, I'm gonna step back here and say that I am confused. I've only met you a handful of times, but you seem like a decent guy if you don't count the occasional blow-up (Which is true of a lot of people so whatever). I'm not exactly sure what you mean by cryptic, but I'll be the first to admit I've not got the world's best social skills. If I've offended you in some way I'm sorry.

My point is that while it's fine and good to vent, there's just been so much complaining about this that it's completely absurd and it's driving me a little crazy.

Yeah, it sucks that Arc couldn't manage to get a damn patch localized in how the fuck many months has it been? It sucks that the airdasher FGC in the US is basically completely unsupported by the makers of the games most of us play. It sucks that both game developers and gamers have to deal with the insane policies of the big console manufacturers with regards to updates, region locking, DRM, and other arcane bullshit of that nature. To me, it sucks that proprietary, locked-down game consoles aren't some laughable relic of a bygone era already.

A lot of these problems are big and tough for individuals to affect in any way. I get being salty at arcsys, but as every attempt to reach out to them has demonstrated, they're unlikely to do anything, either because they can't, or because they don't care. The issues with airdash fighters, localization, the video game industry, and the scene are annoying, venting about them is reasonable, but there's such a huge venting-to-actually-doing-anything ratio that it's kind of ridiculous. I don't see value in further bitching about this. It is worthwhile to try to actually solve some of these problems, if we can.

The immediate individual problem of not having the game (i.e. the thing most people are actively bitching about) is almost laughably trivial to solve. This is part of why I'm so annoyed that people are still bitching so much. There is a procedure by which Americans can get the game. It is well-documented and easy and the documentation is widely available on this forum. It's completely absurd to me that there is anyone who is interested in having this game who does not have it.

Similarly, the unfortunate fact of the matter is that Eugene, Oregon doesn't have much of a scene for Guilty Gear. Not having a scene is frustrating. Getting a driver's license and coming to Portland to play is one of a number of things you might do about this. Other options include getting the game and trying to get local people, possibly even just people you know, to play it. I realize this is difficult, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you actually care about this problem. Caring about the problem should result in trying to fix it.

Relevant things

I'm more at fault here than you, but I appreciate the apology. I got you to be honest, and that's good enough for me. Edit: in regard to "being cryptic", I was referring to the fact that I had absolutely no idea how to interpret your post when I first read it, as it didn't contain the edit. all I got to see was "hashtag thug life" before writing my reply, and frankly I don't like it when I see something I can't figure out. At that point, that one line of text was a riddle I could never hope to solve. So mentioning my willingness to do irrational things in order to find out the truth was the play I decided to make, even if it had meant uncovering that you actually hated me or something. Whatever it was, I just wanted to know... that's basically it. I just prefer honesty to vagueness most the time, I'd say that concept is a considerable chunk of my core as a human being.

Your points are valid, throwing around words about it isn't going to get me or anyone else closer to our goals. But consider this as well: you might have read my post as being sour, but it included a joke about wanting sexual favors from fictional characters and look what happened: at least two people appreciated the joke, and one of them replied hinting that they wanted to immortalize it by carrying it in their signature. I'd consider that worth the effort, regardless of how others might read the post. So while I can respect that you probably want to be reading more relevant topic information and feel like the complaints are a waste of your time and everyone else's, it couldn't hurt for you to recognize that this is something people (myself included, unfortunately) are just gonna do, and that trying to force the "bitching" to a halt is likely just as futile an effort as the perceived goal behind the complaints themselves (that said, I'll do my best to keep your words in mind when making future comments here.)

I for one, don't make these posts with the intent of blaming someone else for my problems. It's possible some other folks have different opinions on that, but I doubt most of us who are salty about the issue are really so brazen. You might see it as a waste of precious forum space, I see it as the collective trying to keep themselves from blowing up on their IRL friends, or their parents, or whoever it is they care about besides themselves. That's why it doesn't bother me when I check this thread and there's only another re-iteration of the same frustration to read.

Edited by Chrome Homura

Yeah, I realize people are gonna bitch, but as previously stated it's getting real old. I concede your point that making posts on an internet forum is a pretty acceptable place to vent, but it seems to be a lot of the same people complaining about something that's not changing, over and over again.

It's probably a bad sign that I find the complaining more annoying than the problem that's causing it, but that's where I seem to be at right now.

People seem to be allergic to doing that. I don't know why.

360 will let you play Overture though, which I think all GG fans should give a chance.

Get a 360, philistines. The NA PSN patch is coming out about the same time that monkeys fly out of my butt.

Considering that ArcSys promised the patch would come out, there'd be a lawsuit if they decided to not release it, which means there's a high likelihood that it will be released... eventually.

So now we have a new way to pass the time. We can bet on when monkeys will fly out of your butt. :yaaay:

I wanna guess that "all of their dudes" are on Xrd, so maybe within a week of Xrd hitting arcades, they'll finally put a guy on +R and get it finished... that day. And then on Tuesday 2 weeks from then (accounting for Sony testing) we'll have it.

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe they just don't have the budget for 1st party testing (It's something like $40K) since they're trying to get Xrd out as fast as possible (need the money for that launch) so they're waiting? I might have even posted about that before and forgot... I'm sleep deprived. OVERTIME ALMOST OVER YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA gonna get to play GG again soon YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA

*Ahem*

I'm almost as excited for monkeys flying out of TAI-X's butt as I am for Xrd.