Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

God bless you (or whoever) submitted bout this bugs and slash arenas "freeze" to the Arcsys!!

Hey just a quick hint - I've started a thread about asking Arcsys to add BIG arcade portraits to the ac+r PC ver...

As an option ofc - you will still have options like:

guilty gear letters, chibi portraits, blank (black borders)

More details here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/348550/discussions/0/617336568071954048/

Support me please - I am sure you would LOVE to see them in the game as an option to chose for the border "boxes"

Thank you and see you online in +R!!

I've started a thread about asking Arcsys to add BIG arcade portraits to the ac+r PC ver...

It seems that they've already been added.

Shini also announced that keyboard controls on +R should be easier than they were in #Reload due to last-minute changes. While he wasn't specific, he's likely talking about simultaneous opposite cardinal direction cleaning, which makes holding forward + back = neutral. This gives keyboard and hitbox users greater input leniency for half circle motions.

With this + all the unspecified bugs that were apparently fixed, +R on PC might not be the 1:1 straight port that lots of people were expecting.

[it seems that they've already been added.

Yes :)and it was I who gave them an idea to do so.

I am so proud of myself and you? :)

Here are some changes more spesific but not all ofc :

Freezing issues with Frasco and A.D. 2172's slash variants have been fixed

Sidebar character art from arcade (v1.11) is available

Opposing cardinal inputs are now neutralized (left+right=neutral) to assist hitbox/keyboard players

Subtitling supported for several additional languages

And more...

I wonder if this version will fix the speed anomaly, and be truly arcade perfect.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the PC port has fixed Justice's Button Macro Danmaku Glitch. Kliff's AC stage is still nowhere to be found.

PS3 for tourney standard please. :v:

We have the skype chat for +R if you wanna get in on it? There are lots of people to play with on there.

PS3 for tourney standard please. :v:

I'm with ya IF they patch that version to fix the stage crashes and remove the button macro glitch (adding the portrait sidebars would also be nice). In the meantime, Steam version looks like the best port of +R currently available.

I'm with ya IF they patch that version to fix the stage crashes and remove the button macro glitch

Might want to patch your joke detection software mate.

Might want to patch your joke detection software mate.

Oh. Uh... lol?

I assumed you were serious because I can think of a couple reasons why a version of the game on a console would be preferable to a Steam-based version for certain kinds of tournaments. I have my doubts they'd bother to patch either of the existing console releases at this point, but if they did, I can easily see the PS3 port becoming the standard for tournaments.

Hi guys , i have a question , who is the easiest character to pick for a new player. I tried zappa , but he's kinda compicated. I want a character that has easy combos , and stuff like that , so i can understand game mechanics before i pick zappa. Thanks!

Ky and Potemkin probably have the most straight-forward BnBs.

I dunno about Sol, clean hit system MIGHT turn some newcomers off.  I second Faust for sure though.  Totally not just because I play him and want to see more Faust players <3

We are talking about BnBs here, not optimized stuff.

Sol BnBs are stuff -> bandit revolver or stuff -> volcanic viper, and even just comboing into sweep is pretty solid already. You also have easy to understand basic mixup (low/command grab).

In that sense pretty much everybody in the cast has some really simple combos to start out with, but chars mentioned also sport some really effective normals and specials that are easy to grasp.

We are talking about BnBs here, not optimized stuff.

Sol BnBs are stuff -> bandit revolver or stuff -> volcanic viper, and even just comboing into sweep is pretty solid already. You also have easy to understand basic mixup (low/command grab).

In that sense pretty much everybody in the cast has some really simple combos to start out with, but chars mentioned also sport some really effective normals and specials that are easy to grasp.

See, just like Faust!  

Play him.  Pls.  He's fun!

Fixed? You mean to patch out the lockup/crashing glitches? I doubt it. Would be nice, though.

IIRC patching on PS3 costs like $20,000?  They're probably not going to do it at this point.

Steam version had the crashes fixed though, right?

Yeah from what I remembered the steam version took care of the problems from consoles.