Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

e3b5c3dd.jpg

http://am-show.sega.jp/aou12/lineup/ggxxacp/index.html

Platform: Not announced.

Release date: 2012

Most likely a version for ps3/360. Maybe it will be for NESICA and at the arcades? If so; maybe there will be balance-chances? No more info out yet. Gotta keep on studying now. Have fun!

For now it seems it will be out for arcades. consoles are not mentioned

I think...that this can be good or bad.

Good because surely a console port will follow.

bad especially for some game centers.

It's clearly a try to reboot the serie, but the game center that actually have a lot of GG cabs will be forced to actually replace them all with the new widescreen ones with the nesica. And probably is something they cannot afford for just a single game

Anyway, it's just speculation for now. If no new charaters (like balanced version of Justice and Kliff) is added, than there is no problem, since the game wold be also runned in the same format in the old cabinets.

If yes...

Well, as i wrote, just speculation at the moment, so I'll try to be optimistic.

Isn't AOU supposed to be an exposition for arcade games ? If so, this is most likely an arcade release.

I hope they are going to make some overall balance tweaks (the game needs some) at least and not just release the plain game on nesica so that game centers can get rid of some encumbering GGXAC cabs.

Anyway, I would have preferred a plain new game rather than another rehash of a game that's over 5 years old. Although having Kliff and Justice playable and balanced on arcade would definately be sweet. I guess it's better than nothing...

Edited by Dream Maker

Wheee. I've always wanted to learn this game properly but never had a reason to because of having nobody to play it with :V

If it makes it to 3rd gen with online play that'd be awesome.

Still not much info to go on though so I'll try not to get too hyped....yet.

If this gets a console release, which I hope it does, then I want. I always wanted a Guilty Gear on my 360 that wasn't Overture. And if this does in fact get a console release, then I can learn it a lot easier on the 360 than I can on the PSP.

But yeah, looking forward to it, and I'm hoping for some rebalancing too.

Man... I haven't been playing at the arcades at all recently. Been too busy with other things. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

I don't even care if there's no rebalancing; just knowing there's going to be a push to revive Guilty Gear is enough to make me hype. Hopefully this opens the door for a console port, of course. Great news!

I hope this news can be a strong gap for current gen release, but please, NO REBALANCE (at least if you're Johnny player)

I have to agree that the wording of this announcement and the fact that it is going to be displayed at AOU2012 (this weekend) points to the fact that this indeed is a release for the arcade (primarily). But we will have to wait and see!

Regardless, I am happy! It is awesome to see some new life put in to Guilty Gear, in one shape or the other.

Edit: And lol, I just noticed my forum-award. Hahaha :keke:

Edit 2: And if its released on arcade then... at least Justice and Kliff has to be rebalanced (since the top screenshot includes them they should be in the game). And if so, are they going to tweak all of the characters in the game?

Etc etc etc.

Edited by Shinjin

Rebalance feels likely, AC+ is just the tentative title. We'll know for sure on the 18th though.

wouldn't be surprised if this gets a console release. the effort they put up to make it playable in 16:9 and on the new hardware will at least partially overlap with that of creating psn & xbl releases. although i'll probably not play it online. the game isn't meant to be.

Rebalance feels likely, AC+ is just the tentative title. We'll know for sure on the 18th though.

I really hope they don't try a rebalance.

GG is not perfect (is there a perfect fg balance? The answer is no), but surely is one of the most balanced game. But mostly, GG:AC was ot for 7 years now, and it's still played. It's a classic, like 3s. Rebalance now would be stupid...I hope they put those effort, instead, for the new chapter :roboky:

Still, a console port is much welcome

Oh well, i guess we have to wait and see :keke:

I wouldn't like rebalance because it is hard to make it better than it is now. Every character is viable. Johnny is D tier but I'm verry satisfied with AC version of him.

I wouldn't like rebalance because it is hard to make it better than it is now. Every character is viable. Johnny is D tier but I'm verry satisfied with AC version of him.

Balancing Justice....... THE HORROR

This sounds like good news!

Bad news if they are just rereleasing AC+ and judging how it sells to make a sequel. I'm sure another rehash might not sell as well with the old engine...

still hype.

wow, arc has been busy, extend, p4rena, and this?

i just hope daisuke wasn't spending his time heading this port and instead working on something else...

Arc System Works mention refinements and call this version the culmination of the series, but we don’t know if that means further refinements over the version that already exists on consoles.

Where'd they get this from?

Maybe ArcSys wants to see how big the interest in a new revision of Guilty Gear really is, to decide about the future of the series (e.g. a "new" GG).

Edited by entnervt

I hope this news can be a strong gap for current gen release, but please, NO REBALANCE (at least if you're Johnny player)

That avatar is so godlike.

Anyways, all I want is GGXXAC with BB netcode....is that so much to ask? I'll buy the damn game twice.