Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Does anyone know if this is going to be a free update or will we have to pay for it? PSN EU version is still not released (I have the Japanese version like all European players).

I came when I finally heard news of the +R Update.

I came harder when I saw the word "lobby".

But most importantly, I came as hard as humanly possible when I saw that they were going to make an honest effort to improve the netcode and matchmaking.

free update

I wouldn't assume that too quickly. If you notice, they mention the +R features will be available "after installing the downloadable contents" once you've obtained the patch. It could be a case where the fixes are free, but the +R changes are paid DLC.

It could all end up being completely free, of course, but I would hate to see people setting themselves up for disappointment if it ends up being otherwise.

Who cares? It probably will be free but even if it isn't, are people honestly that broke that they can't afford another $15? Just have cup ramen for lunch 3 days in a row instead of what you would usually eat and there's your 15 bucks, lol.

^It doesn't bother me personally since I would be fine with them charging for it (I said a while back that I would have even preferred a full-fledged disc release).

Just trying to nip "WTF AKSYS, YOU SAID IT'D BE FREE!" posts in the bud if it does end up costing money.

"Once the patch (PSN) or title update (XBLA) has been applied to your game"

This phrasing is important. It is not optional DLC (though, like DLC, it must be installed).

Just trying to nip "WTF AKSYS, YOU SAID IT'D BE FREE!" posts in the bud if it does end up costing money.

Arc Sys, Aksys had nothing to do with this (besides the old console ports of AC/+ [PSP/PS2/Wii]).

And since Circ is kinda right though, its a title update once you start AC+, would have been nice how big the update's file size will be, but it wont be much possibly.

Also, besides all the usual fixes and such, at least you can play/switch between versions, kinda like vanilla BB:CS.

Arc Sys, Aksys had nothing to do with this

You don't get it, don't you?)

Also

New Additions in “+R”

Once the patch (PSN) or title update (XBLA) has been applied to your game, installing the downloadable contents will unlock the following features:

while here

Usability Improvements

Once the patch (PSN) or title update (XBLA) has been applied to your game, the following will become available:

It seems like "+R" is DLC and you can get it after patch. But you'll get patch improvements anyway.

Arc Sys, Aksys had nothing to do with this (besides the old console ports of AC/+ [PSP/PS2/Wii]).

...Are you really that dense?

It seems like "+R" is DLC and you can get it after patch. But you'll get patch improvements anyway.

This is the way I interpreted it as well. But hey, if people want to pointlessly nitpick and drag out the topic after I already admitted that it could go either way, knock yourselves out. Maybe a mod will eventually step in and delete such discussion, stating:

The paid or free status of the content is unconfirmed.

ASW only said they're working on it.

Whether they are or not, arguing why you think it's free or paid solves nothing.

Oh and something about undetected satire, too.

Allow me to clarify.

Continue to discuss AC.

Don't continue to act like you understand fundamentally why game development costs money, what that cost even is, or why capitalism is designed the way it is. They're not worthwhile avenues of discussion - nothing you can say will convince the other party that you are right, and vice versa. Neither side has enough evidence to back up their claims.

Who cares? It probably will be free but even if it isn't, are people honestly that broke that they can't afford another $15? Just have cup ramen for lunch 3 days in a row instead of what you would usually eat and there's your 15 bucks, lol.

Don't make me whip out that producer vs consumer talk again. They promised us a free +R patch.

I'll pay another £5 - £10 for CT quality netcode, did ASW ever speak about adding combo (mission) mode to +R? I was under the impression they did, but cannot find anything about it now.

Did Extend or persona 4 have improved netcode, I never played them?

*sigh* guys please, it doesn't matter if it's free or not; honestly if you love this game enough you'll be happy either way. Let's drop that issue for now and just focus on the positives please.

did ASW ever speak about adding combo (mission) mode to +R?

They did not.

Did Extend or persona 4 have improved netcode, I never played them?

Extend feels about the same as the other CS iterations, while P4A is more comparable to Arcana Heart 3, which had probably ASW's best netcode.

To Horokei: Yes I get it.

And to S.M.: Who cares, I'm just getting my point across.

And I'm not here to brag or anything, just being honest. Since there's no price of $ or MSP mentioned in the patch notes, its safe to assume, and no issues barring, the title update is free. Unless otherwise stated...

...Are you really that dense?

This is the way I interpreted it as well. But hey, if people want to pointlessly nitpick and drag out the topic after I already admitted that it could go either way, knock yourselves out. Maybe a mod will eventually step in and delete such discussion, stating:

The paid or free status of the content is unconfirmed.

ASW only said they're working on it.

Whether they are or not, arguing why you think it's free or paid solves nothing.

Oh and something about undetected satire, too.

Allow me to clarify.

Continue to discuss AC.

Don't continue to act like you understand fundamentally why game development costs money, what that cost even is, or why capitalism is designed the way it is. They're not worthwhile avenues of discussion - nothing you can say will convince the other party that you are right, and vice versa. Neither side has enough evidence to back up their claims.

My work here is done.

If the AC+R patch gets released, I would like it if the following were contained (by priority):

1. Custom Soundtracks (via XMB and/or Xbox Dashboard)

2. Vastly improved online play (usage of roll-back save states)

3. A "Practice" feature (from Guilty Gear X Plus) to practice pro combos

4. Soft reset (Not when loading, saving or online playing)

5. Controller vibration function

6. Screen fix for 4:3 TV setups (No letterboxing and/or windowboxing)

7. Arcade/Wii quality voices and sounds

8. Make GG and GGX modes available at start

9. Korean Soundtrack DLC

So I unlocked the Extra Menu somehow and it gave me all these weird options...

Like, what is "Kizetsu" for? Chaos and Yellow RC? Guard types?

So I unlocked the Extra Menu somehow and it gave me all these weird options...

Like, what is "Kizetsu" for? Chaos and Yellow RC? Guard types?

I don't know what Kizetsu is, but Chaos RC is the ability to cancel any special into another for some tension (it does it automatically if you do the special's input) and Yellow RC...halves the cost of all RCs, FRCs, and Chaos RCs, I think?

Huh, didn't know all of that was from Survival mode...only modes I played regularly were Medal of Millionaire, Training, and Network. I basically unlocked almost everything through time-release so...

Apparently there will be an upgrade (ver 1.10) to AC+R (arcades) in January.

They provided a PDF of changes and locations in which you can locate your nearest game center with the title.