Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Wow, they're hitting Zappa pretty hard. I think I count two one minor compensatory buffs buff? Was Zappa really outperforming Kliff and Faust that much?

EDIT: The change to Sol's FB Tyrant Rave seems really cool.

Edited by Silmerion

I should add that Sol's FB Tyrant Rave gets bonus damage from Clean Hit amount in GGXXAC+R anyway, it's just that said bonus has been increased.

Many thanks Alzarath, Nikki, Skeletal Minion and SolxBaiken, you are very fast and effective (^_^)b

EDIT for the moderators :

Shouldn't there be another thread named [GGXX ACPR] General Discussion (or [GGXX AC+R], [ACPR], [AC+R] whichever you deem best) as the current one seems to be [AC] only ?

Sorry to nitpick but the way it is now might mislead some members and deter them from reading it (lazy bums XD) while in fact it contains such useful and relevant news about ACPR. And great people too !

Edited by Mitsurugi

If I'm reading this right, the new property for Zappa's Sword Swipe (63214HS) keep the sword in place indefinitely rather than just lagging like the rest of the normals. But the changes don't seem all that bad, just some damage nerfs and increased recovery times sprinkled around.

Meh. There's an awful lot of completely stupid shit in Guilty Gear - really fucking tough mix-ups is just another day in the life.

It's pretty satisfying watching someone slip through the gaps in sword pressure, though. "Yeah, you did it!"

But yeah apparently they like where Axl, Dizzy, I-No, Potemkin and O.Sol are right now.

They didn't give Justice an airdash, make Omega Shift a force break and replace 2H with Slayer's :(

For Zappa's changes, the translation for the following line is wrong :

"* Sword's normal moves increase more Guard Gauge on block"

The original japanese sentence is : "剣による通常攻撃でガードバランスゲージが増加しなくなりました。"

If I'm not mistaken this actually means kinda the opposite, IE that Zappa's sword normal moves do not build up guard bar at all anymore, so the poor guy indeed gets nothing but nerfs in this new version.

For Slayer 6p, that is indeed his hitbox and not hurtbox, correct? If the former, it would be a slight nerf, I think.

Bite's risk/reward was shuffled a bit. More reward for landing it, riskier if it whiffs. I like that.

regarding bite - i think that's not whiffed recovery, but recovery on hit - so that it remains un-comboable on regular hit, but due to bigger stagger is easier to follow-up on FRC.

There's an FRC on there? I was wondering what the change was about... But why an FRC? Unless there's less proration, I don't see anyone wanting to tension combo off of bite.

Thanks mods for renaming the thread and thanks Dream for correcting Zappa's part (^_^)b

ReaVer, as stated by the Russian Beaver, should the FRC be right after the bite hits, it would make comboing afterwards easier. You can indeed go for more or less extra damage (depending on the proration and if you have built your opponent's guard bar or not), especially if that would make you win the round. Nonetheless that might also allow you to do combos putting you in a more favorable position/avantage. For instance midscreen bite FRC > followup combo that leads to a knockdown and the opponent in the corner. Combos aren't always just for damage, they can be to set up something, to broaden your options and/or restrict your opponent's. Sometimes/often it is worth spending Tension to gain such opportunities.

Edited by Mitsurugi

For Slayer 6p, that is indeed his hitbox and not hurtbox, correct? If the former, it would be a slight nerf, I think.

Yes, it's indeed hitbox and not hurtbox so it's a buff. I don't know why they felt the need to buff this move though, it's already plenty bullshit IMO. ^^

Liking the Kliff nerfs. It looks as though they just toned down the more absurd aspects of his game, like j.214S untechable time and his airdash pressure. I would have liked it if they addressed his insta-stun combo, but maybe they did by slowing down his dash speed.

Good to see Justice getting some buffs. It seems like they're strengthening her non-zoning options more in an attempt to make her better on offense, though I doubt it'll change anything much.

So, I've been wondering. Who in GG requires the highest execution? Bit of a fun Q to alleviate some of GG's higher execution requirement. Of course, that can be average execution, top-end optimal play, beginner-friendliness, etc.

Personally, I've found GG's cast to be surprisingly mash-friendly depending on the character. Everything just combos into everything, so you can face roll all the buttons and you'll get a 4-5 hit combo or something. Beginners like that. On the other end, the execution required to be competitive can vary widely. I find HOS is more or less easy to combo with. Slayer isn't quite so forgiving. Etc.

What are y'all thoughts?