Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Answer the question, please. What changes (if any) were there?

Bias about EXs shouldn't be allowed, especially considering that the majority of the move list FOR EXs served as the base for R's revisions.

Why should he, when your query is phrased with a presumptuous attitude like that? You're kind of in the minority when it comes to caring about EX chars, seeing as how the reason they aren't considered for tourneys isn't because they're not available in the arcade version (In case no one told you: it's because the lack of balance in their execution causes GG1/GGX levels of stupid when you try to use them in actual gameplay) I'm not saying I wouldn't like to know myself, but when it comes down to it, nobody really cares.

Also, the majority of changes in +R came from altering move properties and creating new moves out of existing animations, not the one move at most per char that came from the EX movesets. The fact that some chars happened to get one doesn't mean anything, considering the majority of those moves are significantly nerfed anyway. Just look what they did to JO's EX OD to keep it from being a relevant addition to his gameplan. Things like Venom's ball summon OD are rather trivial compared to the rest of what they did to the character, it's not like their design philosophy centered around it. The question wasn't "how can we give the characters EX moves?" It was "how do we make this update fresh without spending money on new animations?" Maybe 30% of the answer to that question involved delving into the EX stuff. The other 70% was split 50-20 between altering character's existing moves, and making "new" ones out of what was already in the game normally.

Answer the question, please. What changes (if any) were there?

Bias about EXs shouldn't be allowed, especially considering that the majority of the move list FOR EXs served as the base for R's revisions.

No.

Buy a stick.

(But seriously, wouldn't that be the better option? You can get P.C. compatible sticks for, at lowest, around £35 (About $52 U.S. dollars.) I don't see why you would buy a fight - pad when you could get a slightly more, or even slightly less expensive stick.)

Maybe he likes playing on a pad?

If so, I'd recommend picking up one of the Fightpads Mad Catz makes for the 360. Those will work on any Windows-based PC and you can pick them up for about $20.

On the topic of EX characters, did Kliff and Justice get EX move sets in the new version? I understand it will have zero impact on tournament play, I'm just personally curious. :)

BTW, can anyone reccomend a good fightpad to use with PC? Preferably one with a D-Pad simliar to the Vita's.

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Fighting-Commander-3-Pro-Playstation/dp/B0057WDD6O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363792089&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+fighting+pad

On the topic of EX characters, did Kliff and Justice get EX move sets in the new version? I understand it will have zero impact on tournament play, I'm just personally curious. :)

I will like to know that as well, it will be cool to have the option to have the original Justice as an EX char.

Edited by Hecatom

I don't see what difference there would be between a pad and a stick aside from a stick performs better, can cost more, and would take some adaptation (Although not much: Hell, I switched to stick in half a month.).

I don't see what difference there would be between a pad and a stick aside from a stick performs better, can cost more, and would take some adaptation (Although not much: Hell, I switched to stick in half a month.).

Some folks only play fighters casually and don't care enough about getting to a professional skill level to justify the cost and time investments playing on a stick requires. Not everybody has the time to put in the amount of practice it would take to make the full transition from using a pad to a stick inside of two weeks, especially if they grew up playing on consoles and have never used a stick before.

In any case, the guy specifically asked about gamepads. Telling him to buy a stick is a little like responding to someone asking what breed of cat they should get with "Cats are stupid, man. Get a dog instead."

It's just personal preference. There's only very specific things that are pretty much impossible to pull off on a pad, like Johnny's wavedashing. I play I-No on pad and can do everything in her arsenal, on cue. I wouldn't say that to get at top execution level you need to play on a stick. That's just false.

I say "Please" and people still talk crap and hate on EX Mode.

Way to go, Dustloop. Informative as always.

Edited by Blade

you have to realize most people don't know anything about ex chars anyway

so asking nicely about changes isn't going to give you much information anyway

+R EX Eddie should be allowed to summon and command #R shadow whilst blocking, airblocking and knocked down. He should also be able to call the drills whilst knocked down, and the FRC is a 10f window and is also meterless.

you have to realize most people don't know anything about ex chars anyway

so asking nicely about changes isn't going to give you much information anyway

No answering due to not having an answer and / or not being interested in subject is totally fine.

Starting discussing one's tastes and giving your opinion when not asked is not fine - it is plain rude.

Imagine one would ask (at srk, for example) something like 'What's new in new GG game?' and got an answer of 'Nobody cares about your GG minority, GG sucks.' Is it fine by you guys? Is it fine by moderators here?

No answering due to not having an answer and / or not being interested in subject is totally fine.

Starting discussing one's tastes and giving your opinion when not asked is not fine - it is plain rude.

Imagine one would ask (at srk, for example) something like 'What's new in new GG game?' and got an answer of 'Nobody cares about your GG minority, GG sucks.' Is it fine by you guys? Is it fine by moderators here?

If it was some random person who had asked, I'm sure the post wouldn't have garnered this much attention. Still...

You've been here a long time, and yet I still have to ask... what did you expect?

Making statements like "Bias against EX chars shouldn't be allowed" is not going to accomplish your goals. Speaking as someone who's watched far too many EX char combo vids... again, there's good reason EX chars aren't considered for tournament play, and as such the vast majority of the forum's memberbase has (at best) a minor level of knowledge and/or interest in them. If you want to know about EX stuff strictly for casual reasons, I personally wouldn't mind providing that information (assuming I had access to it, of course) as long as it was clear you understood that in addition to presenting your request in a humble manner.

Now, I don't have that info, but I can speculate that those who do aren't under any obligation to spend their own time gathering it up and giving it to you (a rather significant amount of time, considering the fact that they've probably never so much as touched EX chars in the previous game, or at all) and considering there's nothing in it for them, it's not exactly difficult to understand why the answer would be no. Admittedly the other responses I've seen have gone a bit further than myself with their non-constructive criticism (a certain post above rather exaggerates the properties of EX chars, although considering what the actual EX Eddie can do those statements are in fact less of an exaggeration than you'd think) but I'd wager these responses/comments actually have more to do with your personal reputation on this forum than the actual topic of your request... and on that, I have no comment.

We don't owe you information just because you asked for it, Blade. If people with +R don't feel like trying out all the EX characters in AC and +R to compare their differences for you, that's their decision and you're gonna have to live with it. Feel free to get the game yourself and post your findings, but don't bitch when others won't do the work for you.

@Chrome Homura

It seems kinda funny to me. You are talking about a person who invested loads and loads of his personal time and efforts into materials. A lot of people in GG community benefit from his works. He has an award on his profile for that too, I guess. And then you feel yourself in a position to set some _conditions_ on how should he specifically present his questions, implying that he is _required_ to understand something before asking, and has to be extra humble, etc. Do you have any grounds for such behaviour? I felt like there are rules on this board, and while one's question is well within them, one doesn't need any extra permissions from some Chrome Homura =)

All in all, it is obvious that you have some personal issues with Blade. And you can have it as much as you want, but you please kindly cut that crap from here and leave this thread to AC+R discussion? Thanks forward =)

@Circuitous

I don't feel like being anyone's attorney, but hey. Have he really said anybody owed him anything? He just asked a question about EX char changes. The rest was thanks to some guys that had an urge to tell everyone their opinion on EX chars overall. Which they weren't asked about and which is off-topic.

Edited by BioLogIn

Eh. Circ pretty much said what I intended in less words. I didn't say he needed my permission or anything, I was merely suggesting that it might net him better results to consider the ramifications of what he asked rather than assume Dustloop as a whole shares his interest in EX characters. I went a bit far into detail speculating how I would respond if I were the one he'd asked, but I think you overestimated my emphasis on the underlined bit. I was strictly speaking in terms of how I personally would feel if I were in that position.

I have no personal issues with Blade. I've merely observed interactions between him and the rest of DL, and found that while his contributions are no small feat, last I checked it's all stuff relegated to Zepp Museum, an area not frequented by players who don't care too much about GG storyline or other aesthetics. Or have you not seen a post by anyone with a Blade™ quote in their signature? Not saying I'm one of these people, but I've seen some pretty damn embarrassing ones.

In other news, the wait continues for the console AC+ patch.

I'm sure it will fix everything.

I died a little inside.

yo so what i said was i dont care about ex chars and the nigga still wanted me to do it, so @russian dude, thats usually considered going into the being rude territory here in america

@Chrome Homura

Ok. While I can't agree with some of your points, you post overall makes sense, and that I'm fine with. Thanks.

@xlolxlolx

Oh well. If you say so.

yo so what i said was i dont care about ex chars and the nigga still wanted me to do it, so @russian dude, thats usually considered going into the being rude territory here in america

legendary post

On Topic:

Messing around in training mode with varying characters, I've noticed one thing about Testament, hopefully someone can come and clarify this for me, I might've overlooked something.

Namely his EXE Beast doesn't seem to...work. To my understanding, the initial command summons the EXE Beast, and when you release the button it will attack (with a minimum delay between the input and the release). In-game, this delay is shown as 236(HOLD)S or H...but holding the button doesn't seem to do anything. Either the delay is very minute, JUST enough to use for frame traps and to throw off IBing/SBing, or it just doesn't register it being held down.

Also, a minor glitch also related to EXE Beast, but there are graphical corruption lines that appear in the sprite. No big deal, it's a VERY minor thing that you would never notice in a real match, just something that caught my eye in training mode.

On Topic:

Messing around in training mode with varying characters, I've noticed one thing about Testament, hopefully someone can come and clarify this for me, I might've overlooked something.

Namely his EXE Beast doesn't seem to...work. To my understanding, the initial command summons the EXE Beast, and when you release the button it will attack (with a minimum delay between the input and the release). In-game, this delay is shown as 236(HOLD)S or H...but holding the button doesn't seem to do anything. Either the delay is very minute, JUST enough to use for frame traps and to throw off IBing/SBing, or it just doesn't register it being held down.

Also, a minor glitch also related to EXE Beast, but there are graphical corruption lines that appear in the sprite. No big deal, it's a VERY minor thing that you would never notice in a real match, just something that caught my eye in training mode.

If this was one of my friends I'd tell him to make sure autofire is off on his stick. How that keeps happening eludes me, but it happens.

More seriously, that is kinda a big bug. A move not functioning correctly, didn't johnny have something like that in AC?