Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

are there any Vita-owning GG players in America that didn't just buy the JP version?

are there any Vita-owning GG players in America that didn't just buy the JP version?

Me, but I didn't know you could buy JP stuff on NA Vita. And with GG especially there's like 0 difference between the two versions (unless they finally translated the command list). I suppose story mode is important to some people but I honestly found GGs story mode a bit of a joke. Maybe I'm just playing the wrong characters. Honestly though, who buys a FG strictly for its story mode?

Hmm... my PSP just broke. Is this a sign I should upgrade to Vita? :v:

I certainly wouldn't.

Hopefully that patch will release the same day the Vita version comes out.

I'm considering it on the basis that I already miss being able to practice my combos on the toilet wherever I go... I also need something to music with, and if I'm correct the Vita's browser is powerful enough to handle youtube videos, which would basically enable me the only mobile function I'd ever want a smartphone for, but without actually having to buy one of the cursed things. all this in mind, it's actually something I'm giving serious consideration to. I have a PS3 already, why not go the extra mile for 'dat +R?

Hmm... my PSP just broke. Is this a sign I should upgrade to Vita? :v:

Technically wouldn't be an "upgrade" since your entire library of UMDs will be instantly rendered useless. Then how you gonna play the original Lumines with its exclusive Mondo Grosso tracks, huh? Huh? HUH?? *shoves*

Fun fact for those of you who are hella sadlife with it. Slash A.D 2172 on the ps3 causes the game to freeze up, regardless of the characters you're using. Tested it 4 times, going to recheck on the xbox version later today. I feel they did a shoddy job on exporting the game to the ps3 compared to the xbox.

Get that 10/10 repro and fill out a crash report.

I'm more frustrated that I don't have random music select on PS3 for the times that I can go 50 straight matches against the CPU without a crash than I am about usually crashing every 10 games. *Sigh*

Get that 10/10 repro and fill out a crash report.

Huh?

I'm more frustrated that I don't have random music select on PS3 for the times that I can go 50 straight matches against the CPU without a crash than I am about usually crashing every 10 games. *Sigh*

That's also what I'm referring to when I say they did a shoddy job on porting the game on ps3. I feel like there's more bugs to discover on the ps3 port for this game than the xbox version.

Fun fact for those of you who are hella sadlife with it. Slash A.D 2172 on the ps3 causes the game to freeze up, regardless of the characters you're using. Tested it 4 times, going to recheck on the xbox version later today. I feel they did a shoddy job on exporting the game to the ps3 compared to the xbox.

Given that ASW is a Japanese company, that's really surprising...but the 360 uses an architecture much more closely related to those of arcade boards (whereas the PS3 is doing it's own thing and therefore is hell to program for), so...maybe that's why?

Hope they fix it soon.

OK just tested it, the game doesn't freeze on Slash A.D 2172 on the xbox, it's just the ps3 that seems to have this problem. Btw is GGR still supposed to be released on consoles next week?

Plus R comes out for the Vita in the US on the 23rd. Some folks theorized that the console patch would follow soon after, but that was purely speculation. The official word from ASW is still set at a nebulous "spring 2013".

Speaking of bugs in the game, can anyone confirm whether or not looking at the leaderboards in the 360 version still causes the game to freeze? I haven't been brave enough to check.

EDIT: Hmm. Well, for what it's worth, the page on the official site where they originally announced the Plus R console patch has since been taken down (or at least moved). So take that "spring 2013" date with a grain of salt... :scared:

Edited by White Man

Speaking of bugs in the game, can anyone confirm whether or not looking at the leaderboards in the 360 version still causes the game to freeze? I haven't been brave enough to check.

yea I remember this happened to me once, so safe to say it's an xbox port problem. Loops like both ports have their share of issues :P

EDIT: Hmm. Well, for what it's worth, the page on the official site where they originally announced the Plus R console patch has since been taken down (or at least moved). So take that "spring 2013" date with a grain of salt... :scared:

Lol ArcSys with their #NorthAmericanDeadGames.

Mad English Skillz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad9z2BJwdDg

Reversal throw/FD option selectin GGXXAC. Probably will be relevant in AC+R too since that system is not changed.

A lot of text in video and almost no editing/action. So I also put explanation here:

In #Reload FD/Throw OS was possible by tapping 4H~S. If throw was possible, you'll got a throw. If not, you'll got 5H which immediatly was kara-cancelled into FD.

Since Slash kara-cancelling ANY H normals into FD is impossible (still possible to cancel into burst or specials on first 2 frames like any other normals).

4H+S in AC is input of SlashBack. However SlashBack can't be executed on your wake-up. So if you tap 4H+S during you wake-up you'll get either throw or 5S due to button priority. And by adding another button you can kara-cancel 5S into FD.

So input in AC is 4H+S~K/P only on wake-up

Edited by Horokei

That's too bad, it's a really really bad mechanic to be in the game. At least it's only on wakeup, but that is where it was at it's most powerful.

interesting. was this only recently discovered? in theory ppl could have been using this since AC vanilla first came out.

Looks like the Vita version doesn't have online play. Bummer how ASW is treating the franchise that made them famous in the first place.

Edited by Oniros

Looks like the Vita version doesn't have online play. Bummer how ASW is treating the franchise that made they famous in the first place.

News been public since the Jp release, but yea it does suck when BBCSE had it on Vita.

ASW pretty much lied about the whole thing. Their trailer for the NA release stated that there would be online play. Their PR for the release of the vita version talked about online play. When the game came out, no online play. Funny thing is the ASW twitter page, pretty much admits to them lying about the whole thing.