Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

They admit to the mistake, not lying. Don't put words in people's mouths. Be mature about the situation.

The real question is why the hell would you want to play Guilty Gear at all on WIRELESS ONLINE lol. I'm a proponent of netplay for this game but it really does have to have a good wired connection for it to be playable, I don't even want to try it wireless.

I'm more interested in this "Wakeup throw OS". If it's like how shtkn said, we should've known about it for years with AC. I'm pretty sure most of the best players don't put themselves in situations to be grabbed on wakeup, but I'm wondering how wide-spread that knowledge was.

interesting. was this only recently discovered? in theory ppl could have been using this since AC vanilla first came out.

I don't know when this was discovered. I heard about it only yesterday and this is not a common knowledge.

I'm more interested in this "Wakeup throw OS". If it's like how shtkn said, we should've known about it for years with AC. I'm pretty sure most of the best players don't put themselves in situations to be grabbed on wakeup, but I'm wondering how wide-spread that knowledge was.

I'm pretty sure that top JP players know about it. I read about it from hitconfirm and they said that Jonio posted about it on Twitter. However they said that input is 4H~S~K which is not work. I explored this trick a little and figured out an actual input.

Edited by Horokei

Dat 4S+H will be really useful for me :kitty:

... and yeah, Vita ACR doesn't have online lol. I don't regret buying it, though, game is still fun and it'll help me practice shit while the PS3 patch comes out.

If someone wants to know, you can actually assign shortcuts and shit to the touch screen and the rear panel (AKA the record buttons for training mode). Controls are awesome for a portable game (well, CSEX controls were good too, so not surprised) and... well, it's weird to play this shit without any input delay lmao.

They admit to the mistake, not lying. Don't put words in people's mouths. Be mature about the situation.

Sorry, but if that's a mistake that they somehow didn't notice for weeks on end, then it deserves to be criticized. That's beyond a major fuck up for the team, as people will buy the game thinking there's online when there's none. That's inexcusable and no one should try and protect them from scrutiny for a mistake that big.

This just made me highly skeptical of any of the proposed 'improvements' they said they'll be making when the +R patch hits consoles.

Technically the page on the PSN states its single player with ADHOC 2 player.

I know that, but the marketing leading up to the games release stated otherwise. The trailer even said there would be online modes.

I would have bought the game regardless, as its a good preview before the +R patch comes out, but it's the principle of the thing that angers me. Arcsys has been actively incompetent towards their releases and fan base for a while now and this just adds to it.

Edited by onemic

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I'll be in Tokyo from May 9th - 15th, so I'd like to know the best days/time to play AC+R at arcades like Takadanobaba Mikado, if anyone knows.

I would have bought the game regardless, as its a good preview before the +R patch comes out, but it's the principle of the thing that angers me. Arcsys has been actively incompetent towards their releases and fan base for a while now and this just adds to it.

After what Capcom has pulled in recent years, I'm going to wait until ASW has their employees break into people's houses and pee into their open mouths while they sleep before I give the company any shit over their PR practices.

Since we know online play is a bust for the Vita port, I'll re-ask the question I put out when the JP version was released: Does Plus R come with ANY new single-player content? New training mode features, EX mode for Kliff/Justice, new illustrations, literally anything at all?

There's probably no location around here now for full combo information, but all of the frame data was added towards the wiki. There may be a few mistakes, but I would believe that most of the information would be accurate.

After what Capcom has pulled in recent years, I'm going to wait until ASW has their employees break into people's houses and pee into their open mouths while they sleep before I give the company any shit over their PR practices.

Since we know online play is a bust for the Vita port, I'll re-ask the question I put out when the JP version was released: Does Plus R come with ANY new single-player content? New training mode features, EX mode for Kliff/Justice, new illustrations, literally anything at all?

Nope, nothing.

It might have EX mode for Kliff/Justice, as I haven't checked that yet, but other than that, no.

Nope, nothing.

Okay, so basically it's AC+ for the PSP with some balance changes and different lifebars. #FourMoreYears

Oh well, I'll be satisfied as long as the console patch fixes (or at least improves) the online issues. I was going to say replays would be nice, bahahaut we all know that ain't happening!

Every new thing I hear about these releases is making me more and more depressed...

Every new thing I hear about these releases is making me more and more depressed...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the staff working on Guilty Gear at the ASW office is less than 10 people. They're going full BlazBlue with BBCP on the horizon. These releases are merely like throwing a bone to an old dog.

That being said, if the +R console patch doesn't fix any of the online issues, consider GG dead again.

As far as I could check, only "new" thing this port has is touch screen / rear touch support. Other than that, the illustrations and etc are the same.

Oh, and the 4 color sets are unlocked by default.

Be mature about the situation? Their admission of the mistake was "We'll chalk this one up to the language barrier." That isn't really a proper or mature apology. I feel like they have handled the situation very poorly.

Oh, and the 4 color sets are unlocked by default.

Oh yeah, that was something else. The arcade version had different color sets, didn't it? Like, I heard the Gold and Shadow colors were removed/replaced? I wonder how they handled that in the console port.

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I'll be in Tokyo from May 9th - 15th, so I'd like to know the best days/time to play AC+R at arcades like Takadanobaba Mikado, if anyone knows.

Mikado has tournaments every Tuesday and Thursday and sometimes Saturday. Club Sega Akihabara is also another good spot for casuals. Shinjuku Sportsland isnt bad either. Those are the main spots I frequent lately.

That being said, if the +R console patch doesn't fix any of the online issues, consider GG dead again.

Yeah cause GG's so dead without online, not like people haven't been playing it offline for years...

...oh wait lol.

Oh yeah, that was something else. The arcade version had different color sets, didn't it? Like, I heard the Gold and Shadow colors were removed/replaced? I wonder how they handled that in the console port.

Looks like there's still room for Gold/Shadow in the vita version, at least picking EX/Slash Dust colors (or whatever color set is for gold/shadow in AC, I don't remember) is a duplicate of another one of their colors it looks like. I haven't unlocked the Gold/Shadow characters yet. It looks like they just changed their normal Dust color and uh...I want to say normal Heavy or #R Dust? is the other new color. I just know my old #Reload Slash button color is still in so I'm happy.

Yeah cause GG's so dead without online, not like people haven't been playing it offline for years...

...oh wait lol.

He obviously meant online.

And my Slayer colours are gone. No more Purple suit :(

Edited by onemic

If he specifically meant online, it certainly wasn't obvious. He simply said "GG is dead." Nothing more. No evidence to say he meant net or local.

And yes, purple is a cool colour.

Edited by InWithTheAshes

BTW does anyone know whch color set has the Brahzbloo palettes?

Pretty sure it's color set 1, Dust button. Could be wrong.