Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

こんにちは。

アークシステムワークス株式会社 ユーザーサポートです。

平素より弊社ソフトウェアをご愛顧頂き、誠にありがとうございます。

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

We are really sorry for late update of [GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS].

Regarding the title update to [GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS R], we will release it soon.

Please kindly wait a while, thank you very much for your patience.

引き続き、弊社スタッフ一同、よりよいソフトウェア開発のため、

より一層取り組んで参りますので、

今後とも弊社ソフトウェアへの変わらぬご愛顧を賜りたく存じます。

===============================================

アークシステムワークス株式会社

ユーザーサポート

http://arcsystemworks.jp/support/index.html

<※引き続き、この内容についてご質問がある場合には、件名を変えず本メールへそのまま返信していただきますようお願いいたします。>

"Soon" Is better than no timeframe, but I can't help but feel that's more of a generic PR response than an actual confirmation that were getting the update in the near future.

Indeed. This feels like the kind of "soon" where you take bets with your friends, not the kind of "soon" where you make sure you turn on your PS3 every day starting next week.

I wonder if Dizzy would qualify. Some of the stuff she got is pretty retarded. But then again, everyone more than ever, has some pretty retarded stuff so i guess it balances out.

I feel like part of why shes so good is because the other top tiers got toned down in addition to her buffs. She doesn't seem out of place in terms of balance though, neither does Faust. They both are kind of just 'well here's this character, but better'. More so dizzy than Faust, but the way they are used and how you beat them is the same. Zappa on the other hand looks a bit nutso...

I also think Testament is going to climb tooth and nail back up the tier list haha. Players are starting to get all the new stuff down and it's looking pretty scary.

I also think Testament is going to climb tooth and nail back up the tier list haha. Players are starting to get all the new stuff down and it's looking pretty scary.

Frankly I don't see it happening. The more you analyze Testament's new stuff the more you see how limited it is. It just *looks* scary but at the end of the day it's either full of holes or cost him meter to keep applying. It's competent, sure, but really nothing out of the ordinary compared to other characters' average pressure/mixup ability. He still has his solid neutral game/space control though.

Frankly I don't see it happening. The more you analyze Testament's new stuff the more you see how limited it is. It just *looks* scary but at the end of the day it's either full of holes or cost him meter to keep applying. It's competent, sure, but really nothing out of the ordinary compared to other characters' average pressure/mixup ability. He still has his solid neutral game/space control though.

That's kind of a silly thing to say. Characters with decent offense and well-above-average neutral game aren't high-tier material? From what I've seen recently, TE is average at everything he's not super good at, meaning by definition pretty strong. Characters don't have to be completely broken in any specific way to be better on average than most characters.

Edited by Digital Watches

TE is average at everything he's not super good at

Yeah, but i don't feel he's super good at anything anymore, just more or less decent at everything. Still good, but not as powerful as he once was.

That's kind of a silly thing to say. Characters with decent offense and well-above-average neutral game aren't high-tier material?

I was just talking about his "scary offense", that's all. Of course you can have an great overall character because of other aspects.

I'm still a little confused why Dizzy is considered a top character

her main buffs were vastly improved oki and a few buffs to her neutral game like FB daggers and autopop bubbles, but in general she still seems to have all the same weaknesses as before. Basically, powerful when it's her turn, and can kind of run away/keepaway against certain characters, but is easily bullied up close and various characters still seem to get in on her easily or keep her out with superior range and pokes, and she still has meager defensive options.

I guess it's a sign of good game balance if a character like that is considered top tier material

I'm still a little confused why Dizzy is considered a top character

her main buffs were vastly improved oki and a few buffs to her neutral game like FB daggers and autopop bubbles, but in general she still seems to have all the same weaknesses as before. Basically, powerful when it's her turn, and can kind of run away/keepaway against certain characters, but is easily bullied up close and various characters still seem to get in on her easily or keep her out with superior range and pokes, and she still has meager defensive options.

I guess it's a sign of good game balance if a character like that is considered top tier material

Yeah she still has problems of lacking any good defensive options but...

Fish. Fish makes her turn so much more threatening. She gets many more mixup opportunities with it along with it being more of a threat on neutral. And because of FB spears and autopop bubbles it makes getting in on her much harder anyway. Basically the parts she's lacking in is pretty much covered up by her buffs.

Granted, I still don't think she's quite as dumb as AC Eddie or Testament, so there's that...

Fish is a GOD tier which has one big weakness with two wings and huuuuuuuge hurtbox. That's why it's so low in tier list.

Edited by Horokei

Arc systems is dragging the +r update out..if it contains netcode like bb then fantastic I can respect the delay. But if not that is some bs lol..just sayin. Klaige..you on ps3 or xbox? I need people to play..most xbox users I play have laggy internet..ps3 I get better connections..but let me know. Youcanwonder1 on crapbox n youcanwonder on ps3

I'm on 360 mario, other than the first day I never got a connection worth a damn either. I might end up buying the game for ps3 tho since im letting my XBL expire in november.

You can add me on either: Klaige Revant on XBL Klaige- on PSN

I'm curious. Does AC actually use different in-match netcode than P4A/CSEX? I could see it using the same netcode but feeling a lot worse without the features in P4A/CSEX that help smooth that out, like advanced input.

I'm curious. Does AC actually use different in-match netcode than P4A/CSEX? I could see it using the same netcode but feeling a lot worse without the features in P4A/CSEX that help smooth that out, like advanced input.

That's not the problem, if that was the problem then we'd just have difficulty inputting stuff. But the netplay in AC like randomly explodes and goes completely to crap (screen freezes, sometimes complete disconnects). Game usually perpetually runs at like 80% speed too.

It's really frustrating because it can work just fine at times, but rarely. I've played a 4 hour set with a dude in the same city as me (4 bars) and we had lots of fun but it still randomly exploded like once out of every 5 matches.

It's actually kind of amusing to play AC netplay while listening to Robo-Ky theme.

#WhensACR

Edited by Ctrlaltwtf

I feel it's disturbing to be waiting for someone to join your lobby while the Robo-ky theme is playing. Gives me that desolate feeling that I'm the only one online at the moment (especially because i'm in the EU, so it doesn't happen often that someone with a good connection joins :)).

Fresh from ArcSys's Facebook. It looks like +R patch notes! TRANSLATION URGENTLY NEEDED!

http://contentssync-arcsystemworks.ambel.info/index.cgi?eid=1016

Google translation:

Regarding GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS patch delivery

[2013.08.02]

Currently, with regard to GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS during delivery at PlayStation ® Store,

we will implement the delivery of the street version of the patch-up below.

The I have kept you waiting long enough, did not apologize.

It should be noted, started broadcasting will be scheduled during the month of August.

As soon as a decision is made, you will be notified by GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS official site and our official site for detailed date and time.

In addition, about the update for Xbox 360 (XBLA) version, I ask to be able to wait a little more.

»PDF of updates is here«

No, Large category Description

One Latest Games tuning

additional version Currently running at arcades "GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS R"

game tuning version of the content will be added.

It will be playable by selecting the old and new versions from OPTION.

See below for more information.

Two Usability improvements Perform the adjustment specification to improve the usability and improve operability.

Please check below for details.

Three Bug fixes obtained by accumulating Perform the bug fixes that were discovered after the release.

■ content with game version in the "AC + R" added

After applying the patch, the following functions are enabled.

Changing the screen Title screen of "AC + R" version is applied.

In addition, the interface changes in the fight screen is applied.

Fighting part Game balance tuning of body text. If it is set to "AC + R" version, character balance tuning the most recent addition, is applied, the interface of the screen is changed to the "AC + R" version.

Help & Options Adding a version switching function Version switching menu "AC" and "AC + R" is added to the "Game Settings" within.

Each mode "Adding AC + R" version If set to "AC + R" the game version, it will be playable tuning version of "AC + R" each mode.

Ranked match War "Cliff" and "Justice" If set to "AC + R" the game version, character "Cliff", "Justice" will be available in the standard.

Player match Use "Cliff" and "Justice" If set to "AC + R" the game version, all sessions in the (room), "Cliff", "Justice" is enabled.

Ranking Adding a scoreboard of "AC + R" version Ranking of the "AC + R" only will be added to the ranking board.

※ board of previous versions will also be maintained.

■ improvement of usability items

After applying the patch, the following information will be automatically enabled.

Character selection screen The last selected

cursor memory function When you transition to the character selection screen, it will be on the cursor to character you selected last time.

※ This function is available only NETWORK MODE.

Network General The search condition is specified

specification improvement Conditions specified in the network play against "specified area", "line quality specification" and "rank designation" will now work more closely.

Ranked match Improvement of matching It becomes the specification to continue (retry) search partner until you find the custom search at the time.

※ cancellation is also possible on the way.

Of battle preparation screen

UI added Icon that indicates the line quality of the opponent before the match preparation screen after the match will be added.

And battle preparation screen voice

Adding vibration The ability to inform to inform the matching and completion "SE" the controller in the "vibration" will be added.

Continued function of session session will be maintained if the opponent has left the session.

Player match Improvement of Room Search It becomes the specification to continue (retry) search partner until you find the custom search at the time.

※ cancellation is also possible on the way.

And lobby screen voice

Adding vibration The ability to inform the "SE" the controller in the "vibration" will be added when a new player has entered the room.

Continue With Room Room will not be dissolved if the opponent has left the room.

■ Other

After applying the patch, the following information will be automatically enabled.

Other Improvement of other issues We fix a variety of problems found after delivery.

If you have any questions with regard to this matter, there are very sorry to trouble you, but, please contact us at the following customer service.

We look forward to your patronage that continued to our software in the future.

Arc System Works customer service

When you call the center TEL 045-470-1552

(10:00 ~ 12:30 / 14:00 ~ 17:00 Saturday, Sunday and national holiday reception time, weekdays except our designated day)

If the fax FAX 045-470-1551

For E-mail support@arcsy.co.jp

GUILTY GEAR

official site http://www, guiltygearx.com /

Arc System Works

official website http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/

Edited by Skeletal Minion