Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

I am not 100% certain about this, but I believe the policy is that while the store updates Tuesdays, I do not think Tuesday-only releases apply to Version Updates (which +R technically is, as you don't buy it from the store).

I hope you're right. I don't really know how PSN works, I just heard that it updates Tuesday. I could very easily be wrong.

So it would be like a system update for Accent Core Plus?

Yes. You would run it and it would prompt for an update. It's Wednesday in Japan right now and the update came out. I don't believe their JPN Store updates on Wednesdays.

EDIT: I THINK. That's how version updates normally work, and that's what they have been referring to +R as.

Edited by 9TNine

I am not 100% certain about this, but I believe the policy is that while the store updates Tuesdays, I do not think Tuesday-only releases apply to Version Updates (which +R technically is, as you don't buy it from the store).

I think you're right. I'm pretty sure there have been PSN updates for games on random days. So I guess we just have to wait and hope it's soon or that we get info on a US estimated date.

Heads up for people planning to download the Japanese patch, I'm seeing reports of data corruption/errors when trying to download the patch in replies to Yamanaka's tweets.

It's possible they haven't wired out all the kinks yet, or the data's becoming corrupted from so many people downloading the patch all at once.

...and updated! Just checked it out, all seems fine, even checked May's stage to make sure all was well and, lo and behold, the not!Madoka characters are in the background instead of the not!Haruhi ones... ^_^

Will mess around with this when I get home... :3

So work was awesome and let me take half a day, gonna stream some more training mode

If anyone cares to test the netcode hit me up

Considering that it's a download patch over the internet, it was just released in japan, and they don't use English VA's, the patch should come within the next few days. I'll be surprised if it takes longer then a week.

Messed around with it today, and the online seems exactly the same. Netcode feels the same, UI is the same.(except with a blue tint instead of a green one) Of course the pickings for who to face online was pretty slim dude to lack of people online and 100% of users being 0 bar connections, but the amount of lag in the games I played felt no different from when I first went online with GGAC in November. Pretty much all the problems noted with online for GGAC(netcode, lobbies, lack of connection indicator for ranked matches, etc.) are all still present in the +R update.

Still no lobbies?

Nope. Like I said, the online mode was virtually untouched in terms of the things that people wanted improved most.

Nope. Like I said, the online mode was virtually untouched in terms of the things that people wanted improved most.

I'd heard someone said that ArcSys said they couldn't get lobbies to work, so maybe it was the source of the delay and they eventually gave up or something.

Personally, as I play locally, I'd prefer to have the game sooner than having to keep waiting to see if they can fix lobbies (or maybe if they get that worked out they can incorporate them later).

so basically, this was nothing more than a KOF XIII update, of course i'm gonna wait for more impressions but thats seriously disappointing, i really was hopping they would do something like Iron Galaxy did with DSR, heard they improved the netcode on that even more

It's better to have the update with the same online than no update, IMO.

Especially since GG isn't that netplay-friendly anyways.

So how many people from the EU have this all ready. I bought AC+ from JP store as soon as it hit for the sake of local play (and to try getting my local scene into GG) and haven't taken it online once as assumed I wouldn't find many EU players and therefore any good connections. I have know spent the last god knows how many months thinking yeah its going to be available on the EU store any day and I would have a decent number of players I could get a good connection with but seeing the +R update is now out and still no sign of a EU release I thought I'd suggest we get a group going so we all know who's out there (I can't be the only impatient one).

maybe this is a stupid question/statement, but maybe it will run better when it gets here then in jpn?? idk maybe im just trying to make excuses lol

I think since it's a major update, they'll probably release smaller updates to fix major bugs as they pop up. This may include anything involving net play, glitches, etc.