Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Yes but that it pointless right now unless you live in Japan. Since you won't be seeing Xrd I believe until Spring 2014. And since no one plays #R, and only AC it doesn't make any sense in doing so.

If you wanted to get ready to be pre-accustomed to Xrd by the time it comes out, you'll only need about a month maximum of #R to do so. Not just a year and a half it minimum of playing a dead version of GG by yourself.

Yes but that it pointless right now unless you live in Japan. Since you won't be seeing Xrd I believe until Spring 2014. And since no one plays #R, and only AC it doesn't make any sense in doing so.

If you wanted to get ready to be pre-accustomed to Xrd by the time it comes out, you'll only need about a month maximum of #R to do so. Not just a year and a half it minimum of playing a dead version of GG by yourself.

Time to revive #R?! Well, I have a copy; it was only $2.50 . Isn't there a way to do net-play on that? Some kind of mod?

I'm not against playing #R, I intend to play it myself but only a month or so before the game releases lol. Doing so before hand is sort of pointless, especially some players aren't even fans of #R, like I think Faust/I-no/Millia players to be precise.

Playing #R is kinda pointless right now is all, but later on it makes sense. Also I think you can netplay on the downloadable XBL version, if not the PC version. I can't remember, but I've heard the netcode for #R is ass.

Xbox Original servers were shut down years ago, making #R impossible to play online with the Games on Demand version.

And yes, #R netcode was even worse than KOF 12, and that's saying something since KOF 12 is the current prime example of how NOT to do netcode for a fighting game. There was literally a 2-3 second delay on EVERYTHING, no matter what your connection quality was.

There's a netplay patch for the PC version. The thread you'll find it in specifies the Japanese release, but I don't know if that's because it predates the GOG release or if the two are just different.

Yeah, there's a netplay patch for the PC version. Here's the thread.

Also, the net code on the PC version is actually pretty good; the main problem is just finding people to play with.

Edited by Orrax

Why on earth would people want to play #R when there's AC+R available and still played in local communities?

I mean, seriously. I dont' want to sound rude it's just that... it doesn't make much sense to me.

If the excuse is "I want to be prepared when Xrd comes out" well guess what, you can get plenty of that by playing AC too, because it's still Guilty Gear, it's the most recent installment and it's still played offline (and I guess online too) by a fair amount of players. Xrd is going to be a different beast of a game than #R or AC anyway, and playing #R is not going to make any real substantial difference than playing the current best version with other people, IMHO.

Couldn't agree more, Ronove.

I don't even get where this idea that #Reload is the better training tool for Xrd came from, honestly. We got an offhanded comment that the gameplay system for Xrd was going to be more similar to #Reload to the extent that it would remove several mechanics from Slash and AC, and everybody took that to mean the games' engines were going to be nearly identical?! And this is even in light of the fact that we have confirmation that Xrd uses several never-before-seen system mechanics; has different hitstop and movement speed; and we already know that the revealed characters' move lists are different AND a bunch of #Reload combos no longer work.

If people want to play #Reload because they honestly like the game, then great. But this idea of going back and playing an old game with a dead community solely because it might barely resemble an upcoming new game closer than its more modern and better-balanced sequel? I'm sorry, but I see zero logic in that line of reasoning. It just reeks of desperation to get a miniscule edge on the competition come release day, which won't even matter for the majority of DL users since Japanese players will have already gotten MONTHS of practice on us by the time the home version comes out.

If people want to play a new Guilty Gear, AC+R is out right now. The AC+R update for consoles has just arrived almost a year after the arcade release, and there hasn't been a new GG fightan for 6-7 years since the release of AC. I guess that would count as "new".

Just because #Reload might be the supposed "base" for Xrd does not mean that Xrd will be explicitly modeled after #Reload. Xrd is still in the testing phase, right? So nothing is finalized yet. We don't even have a date for the arcade release, let alone anything for a console release.

Just because #Reload might be the supposed "base" for Xrd does not mean that Xrd will be explicitly modeled after #Reload. Xrd is still in the testing phase, right? So nothing is finalized yet. We don't even have a date for the arcade release, let alone anything for a console release.

It's not supposed, Ishiwatari flat-out said the base is #Reload. It's basically being approached as the sequel to pre-Slash XX rather than taking Slash, AC, and +R into account, hence the removal of moves and mechanics introduced in those games.

That being said, though, it is still an entirely new game, so you and Ronove are right about #R not necessarily being better to prepare.

Xrd has wallstick and tumble effects which came on AC so that alone show that even when #R is the base, it is not #R in 3D.

Xrd only use #R as base for balance and moves but at the same time devitates from it keeping some stuff that came on later games.

That said, i still hope that more stuff from +R is added to Chipp because i will be pissed that they give him a lot of new cool stuff to discard everything and worst half ass the release of the +R to the point that many still don't have it because they can't release a fucking patch to save their lives.

Edited by Hecatom

I'm not against playing #R, I intend to play it myself but only a month or so before the game releases lol. Doing so before hand is sort of pointless, especially some players aren't even fans of #R, like I think Faust/I-no/Millia players to be precise.

Playing #R is kinda pointless right now is all, but later on it makes sense. Also I think you can netplay on the downloadable XBL version, if not the PC version. I can't remember, but I've heard the netcode for #R is ass.

#R Millia is really good.

#R Anji is eternal sadness and tears though. :vbang:

Do you guys think AC+R will be played along side Xrd? It seems there's enough subtle differences between both versions to allow both to be played. If AC never received an update or net play I could see Xrd replacing it but the game is only a year old and and still fresh unlike the capcom 10 year dark period where nothing was produced and SF4/UMvC3 were easy replacements to their predecessors. I could see both versions being played, especially if all the AC character don't make the cut in Xrd.

I honestly don't think the player base for +R will be very significant in comparison to Xrd's.

I'm not saying there won't still be people willing to play +R, but I'm hoping Xrd draws in a lot of new players, and, if it does, there may be a bunch of people who never played +R.

Edited by Orrax

The benefit one would have from playing #Reload instead of AC+R in preparation for Xrd is really not much, if any. +R has much more of an active player base than #Reload does, and the takeaway you could get from that would be far greater. If anything, when Xrd comes out, you may just need to cross off a couple things that don't work anymore.

They're not just going to throw out everything post-#Reload that was smart simply because it's post-#Reload. Some things will get kept and some may be dropped, but that's also likely just due to it being a NEW game.

Do you guys think AC+R will be played along side Xrd? It seems there's enough subtle differences between both versions to allow both to be played. If AC never received an update or net play I could see Xrd replacing it but the game is only a year old and and still fresh unlike the capcom 10 year dark period where nothing was produced and SF4/UMvC3 were easy replacements to their predecessors. I could see both versions being played, especially if all the AC character don't make the cut in Xrd.

If no one likes Xrd, at all, people will go back to AC. There will probably be grumpy old Japanese men that only play it like there are with ST.

Couldn't agree more, Ronove.

I don't even get where this idea that #Reload is the better training tool for Xrd came from, honestly. We got an offhanded comment that the gameplay system for Xrd was going to be more similar to #Reload to the extent that it would remove several mechanics from Slash and AC, and everybody took that to mean the games' engines were going to be nearly identical?! And this is even in light of the fact that we have confirmation that Xrd uses several never-before-seen system mechanics; has different hitstop and movement speed; and we already know that the revealed characters' move lists are different AND a bunch of #Reload combos no longer work.

If people want to play #Reload because they honestly like the game, then great. But this idea of going back and playing an old game with a dead community solely because it might barely resemble an upcoming new game closer than its more modern and better-balanced sequel? I'm sorry, but I see zero logic in that line of reasoning. It just reeks of desperation to get a miniscule edge on the competition come release day, which won't even matter for the majority of DL users since Japanese players will have already gotten MONTHS of practice on us by the time the home version comes out.

Quoted for truth.

thanks for reminding me that this isn't mentioned in the wiki, adding it in.

also, i don't know what happens when two projectiles would hit (eg, eddie does an overhead and zato does drill).

edit: let's take this to the +R thread instead, don't want this thread to get too sidetracked

(I won't derail after this post).

Every move has a hit priority I imagine, and like said normals take priority over specials, instead of writing special code for a situation where two hits hit at the same time, they just delay one hit until the next frame. This actually isn't hard with some training mode practice, I usually used it against the meaty big drill and the jump K, which since they were both meaty had a consistent timing on your wakeup. It's a 1f link but so is reversal throws and backdashes and many of us can do those consistently. It was harder to do against the dolphin (now spit) and low kick, but because that isn't meaty it's also very hard for eddie to make it 1f apart! The farther it is from 1f apart, the easier it is to block the old fashioned way.

I remember it being the oldest object takes priority, and younger objects get pushed to the next frame. I've never tested it though. So Zato is always going to be the oldest object in relation to any projectiles he produces. So you would have to do a test between a Drill and Lil' Ed.

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but I havn't seen it. Sorry if it's a repost.

If you are on Xbox 360 and waiting for the patch in your country (eg Canada), you can get +R now by making an american XBL account and downloading the free +R patch from the american shop. It works with the non-american version because it's just the same game. It costs nothing to do this but a bit of time.