Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Keep in mind that if you get GG for the xbox, and you live in Canada

or not-America rather

you must create an american account just to download the stupid free patch update.

I'm just glad we're getting Xrd next month and at least we have some way of playing ACR so wtv.

Looks like the Wayne's World reference flew over your head.

As far as priorities go for Arc, getting the +R patch on PS3 to Americans is at about rock bottom. Maybe deeper. They're not going to directly make any money off it, after all.

It sucks to be waiting, but I bought the US version and honestly don't feel like buying the game for the 5th time just to play +R a couple weeks early.

Doesn't hurt to practice Accent Core in the meantime and I get to play +R whenever I go to events so eh.

The US release thing is still ass though.

It sucks to be waiting, but I bought the US version and honestly don't feel like buying the game for the 5th time just to play +R a couple weeks early.

That's basically what it comes down to for me.

As far as priorities go for Arc, getting the +R patch on PS3 to Americans is at about rock bottom. Maybe deeper. They're not going to directly make any money off it, after all.

Welp, if people get pissed off enough, then it might really end up badly for them reputation wise. I kind of don't want to support them financially anymore, and I love GG and BB. And, if some crazy dude does smack them with a lawsuit then...

I mean, honestly, if they're delayed for a non-stupid reason, then whatever. It'd have to be a really good reason seeing as there wouldn't be a lot of coding or translation involved. But, at least SAY SOMETHING even if it's not a good reason. If we don't even deserve that much, then I don't see why they even bother with the western market.

Edited by werewolfgold

Gave in and bought it on JPN PSN, along with Chaos Code. Just in time for my friend's birthday party :D

not sure if its an old bug or whatever, but I noticed a lot of times playing on Verdant stage with stage music selected, I get grove music playing, usually dizzys theme, maybe testament but not sure. Playing on +R PS3 version...

btw to anyone playing on ps3 on a crt tv, if you want the screen to fill the tv instead of that tiny screen go to the xmb, display settings, select the input, and select 16:9 instead of 4:3

To anyone playing PS3 on a PAL CRT TV: don't.

Gave up. I'm not buying the japanese version, fuck these guys. Got my money once, didn't get what was promised. Fuck it, there's no point to waiting on this anymore. It is dead to me. Guess I'll play BB chronophantasma til xrd releases. This is bs

man.... wish all the fuckin weeaboos would stop fucking importing everything. The mainstream gaming industry is already biased towards many anime based games, and since all the weeaboos import, instead of buying the english releases, thats less incentive to port anything at all. Thanks you fucking weeaboos. Thanks for empowering an industry that focuses on Hollywood esque American action games by showing the publishers that Americans really don't care about Japanese games..since all the fans of these games can't fucking wait for the releases in their actual language, taking sales away from English release versions. The importers are destroying all incentive for Japanese localizations. Stupid fuckin weeaboos can't wait like normal fucking people..

Gave up. I'm not buying the japanese version, fuck these guys. Got my money once, didn't get what was promised. Fuck it, there's no point to waiting on this anymore. It is dead to me. Guess I'll play BB chronophantasma til xrd releases. This is bs

man.... wish all the fuckin weeaboos would stop fucking importing everything. The mainstream gaming industry is already biased towards many anime based games, and since all the weeaboos import, instead of buying the english releases, thats less incentive to port anything at all. Thanks you fucking weeaboos. Thanks for empowering an industry that focuses on Hollywood esque American action games by showing the publishers that Americans really don't care about Japanese games..since all the fans of these games can't fucking wait for the releases in their actual language, taking sales away from English release versions. The importers are destroying all incentive for Japanese localizations. Stupid fuckin weeaboos can't wait like normal fucking people..

Fucking normal people not importing Japanese games like the rest of us weaboos.

Isn't it a wee bit hypocritical that you willingly imported BBCP instead of waiting for the US release in March, but you're denouncing everyone else who imports? We're not at fault that the patch is taking forever; Arc's tied up with Xrd and they can't spare the resources to please a couple thousand gaijin for next to no financial gain. It's that simple.

Stop being a baby. If you want AC+R, either get a 360 (if you're in the US) or buy it off the JPN PSN. Or, don't. Your choice.

Why do you have to wait to play a fighting game in your own language? It's a fighting game. Hell, some of us who care about the story actually speak Japanese and the rest are getting the game TWICE just for the story's sake (many people I know are doing this with BBCP) so...yeah.

Final Fantasy is finally offering dual audio for the USA version and if more people do that (and if they don't delay the game for half a year) I don't think anyone would choose to spend extra money to import expensive Japanese games. Lets hope Atlus follows what FFXIII-3 does with persona 5.

I never imported a BB game before. CP is my first import in the series. It's not my fault the US version for this game was delayed half a year when all prior versions came out within 2 months TOPS.

I waited for the US version specifically to support that SKU so they'd see the sales, but when the patch didn't come out on time I bought the JP version. Not everyone has the money to buy a game twice, so I totally understand being pissed off, but I've spent more money on games I've enjoyed less than GG. If you really want +R and can't wait, buy it again, then complain to ArcSys. I mean, if you're not going to import Xrd when the console version launches in Japan, you're probably going to be waiting until mid 2015 at the earliest.

Also, how about not insulting people that we'd like to play the game with us?

Yeah, I'm glad we got it cleared up that people importing games is why they get no traction in the US. I'm sure the whole of the Japanese gaming industry makes these decisions unilaterally, having seen so few successes penetrating the US market. If only US fans would stop finding a way to get games they cared about playing without waiting on stupid things like region locking, then maybe Japanese game companies, as a whole, would get the message that there's a market here for the insanely niche genre of "video games made in Japan", a small island nation most Americans may have never heard of.

Also, the question really shouldn't be "Why hasn't Arc gotten the patch done?", it should be "Why are games that we're downloading on the internet region-locked?"

Why are games that we're downloading on the internet region-locked?

ESRB is my only guess.

Isn't it a wee bit hypocritical that you willingly imported BBCP instead of waiting for the US release in March, but you're denouncing everyone else who imports? We're not at fault that the patch is taking forever; Arc's tied up with Xrd and they can't spare the resources to please a couple thousand gaijin for next to no financial gain. It's that simple.

Stop being a baby. If you want AC+R, either get a 360 (if you're in the US) or buy it off the JPN PSN. Or, don't. Your choice.

I didn't import it, I was talking about the release in march.

I'm not being a baby. I spent my money on something, with the promise, the expectation that the game would receive the update, which is the only reason I bought it in the first place. I bought it when it first released, and still, I have not got to play it. I wasted my money on an update that seemingly isn't coming, and doesn't seem to be coming any time soon because they know that if people want it bad enough, they will just import it. See the fucking problem here? Anyone would be mad over it, especially given all the time we've waited.

Edited by Tethius

What problem? well i did see someone got really pissed with no update on PSN ... guess what he does? ... he register into JP PSN and buy it from there... deal with it, if u want other people to stop importing jp games... not going to happen man, feels like you make your own problem became everybody problem with that post.

Normally I'd call it immature to complain about not getting a free update to an already fully-functional product, but the fact that US PS3 customers were promised the patch at release kind of makes this a unique situation. If you as a company promise your consumers a certain feature within a certain timeframe, you're at least ethically obligated to deliver on that promise—if not legally obligated. I wouldn't go so far as to say the patch delay is grounds for a lawsuit (or that ASW even deserves to be sued by anyone), but if you want to be really anal about it, you could probably say what they did was technically false advertising.

I got the 360 version myself, but I completely understand the frustration of PS3 buyers. People really should stop saying "just buy the Japanese version" unless they themselves are willing to pay for it. Otherwise, don't treat people like they're being stubborn because they choose not to spend more money on a product they already purchased.

So I've been wantin to get into GG for a while now (have +R on vita). This game have enough life left before xrd to be worth buying? Been depating the hell out of it because I have no clue when Xrd goes to consoles

So I've been wantin to get into GG for a while now (have +R on vita). This game have enough life left before xrd to be worth buying? Been depating the hell out of it because I have no clue when Xrd goes to consoles

yeah i personally think that even if Xrd is excellent people will be playing XX (or i guess specifically +R) for a long time to come. the reason for this and the reason you ought to play it is because its a good game.