Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Finally I can update my copy of AC. I look forward to trying to get more of my local players to play this game with me.

I feel that's a long shot getting the Vegas fgc to actually play but go for it, would be nice. You know me and my friend are down as we always are playing +R.

The crashes still occur in the JP version, and they shouldn't have taken that long to fix if they were the problem. Someone in the other thread mentioned that they still occur in this version (not surprised since it's most likely the same code).

I get the feeling that it may have been a business decision. Maybe they couldn't afford submission (costs in the $30K range I think?), and waited until after the Xrd debut to rake in some money from arcades. It sucks that US PSN got lamed-out in that regard, but maybe their sales numbers were stronger on X360 so they prioritized the patch for that? Maybe they actually submitted everything and failed just the US SKU, so they needed to raise some money for a second run? *Shrug*

All speculation, but I seriously doubt that it took them that long to work on the crashes.

I'm certain this doesn't mean North America, like the 360 update and so unless you live in MURRICAH you won't get the update because it's region locked lol.

As a fellow Canadian I was wary of this too because of Arc Sys' statement, but it turns out that the PSN update for +R on Canadian PSN (which is probably indeed the same as US PSN) also includes +R. So no shenanigans with needing a US account to download the free update like you had to do with XBL.

Edit: And it was confirmed in the other thread anyways!

Edited by Krakhan
addition

Unlock them, then just select them. They're all time unlocked iirc.

They are I have all the stages (for the 4th time).

You mostly get them from staying in training mode honestly.

I'm pretty sure you can't pick the old stages online for some reason.

I'm pretty sure you can't pick the old stages online for some reason.

Yup, just checked again, theyre not available online. why they aren't though, is a mystery.

ABA's and HOS's old stages crash the game. The other old stages are fine.

I've seen some old stages online, but not sure how. I figured both players needed to have them or something.

I think it went something like:

Higher tier: Zappa, Dizzy, Faust, Chipp

Everyone else tier: Everyone else

Lower tier: Bridget, Robo, Venom

The latest tier list I've seen was from Kiisha after he won the Arc Revo Cup.

S+: ZA

S: CH, FA, DI, BA, MI

A: JA, SL, MA, AN, OS

B: TE, AB, AX, KL, IN

B-: JO, JU, PO, ED, SO, KY, RO, VE, BR

Which... is sort of questionable as to how Venom and Potemkin are as bad as Justice, and how Johnny ranks so low while Anji is high up. Don't think too much of it, but the tops are fairly accurate.

Venom is worse than Justice, Anji is def an A. Pot...not too sure, but he's always going to have a couple of pretty bad matchups here and there.

I'd say Kiisha's list has credibility to it, especially considering who he is and what he's accomplished in AC+R....

Yeah, I've consistently heard that Venom is decidedly weaker in this version, so that's no surprise. I am surprised by where he puts Potemkin, though; he didn't seem to get nerfed that badly.

For some reason the connection seems to lag more with invited rooms, while the regular rooms seem to do fine if someone joins in without an invite. Not sure why, but that seems to be the case for multiple people on XBLA. Not sure about PSN.