Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Yay, site's working again!

:SL::

Undertow FRC

Command throw input changed to 632146H

2 new moves, 214H (HSD Step) and 214D (FBD Step)

Almost done with the translations but the site went down again, if you want to track the progress take a look at the last post page 39.

What's the Justice?

Air michael blade...

triple nuke with different triggers...

Baiken with Sakura out of blockstun...

is this a super hype mode, or... is this the real deal?

Either way I'm excited to finally be able to compete.

Edited by Hotashi

Translations of the character pages done, link here : http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?13487-quot-New-quot-Guilty-Gear-Accent-Core-Plus-%28Tentative-title%29-to-be-shown-at-AOU2012&p=1333839#post1333839

Also Arisaka gives some explanations on the changes here and what they are aiming to, rough translation of what he wrote : http://www.guiltygearx.com/staff/

"3 main concepts for this new version :

- Giving weak characters the tools to fight

- Image change for the stronger ones

- All this while preserving what makes each character unique

It's sad to say, but in the previous version some chars had not enough power, so for them to fight the overpowered guys we didn't back down on giving them new weapons. For the others, those for who we did too much or those who were thought to have gone too far away from their base concept, we decided to proceed to a drastic change of their image (including Kliff and Justice).

Now every character should be able to fight properly.

We are looking forward to the new strategies and tactics that the players will find."

Edited by Dream Maker

For Jam I think it's saying you can choose whether or not to do the powered-up version of a move by using D instead of K.

So if you have a card but don't want to use it, just do the K version.

For Jam I think it's saying you can choose whether or not to do the powered-up version of a move by using D instead of K.

Maybe but wasn't this possible before only after certain conditions as a followup of some moves ? It seems that now you can do the powered up versions directly if you have the power up cards, followup is not mandatory anymore, and the video seems to confirm this.

"3 main concepts for this new version :

- Giving weak characters the tools to fight

- Image change for the stronger ones

- All this while preserving what makes each character unique

It's sad to say, but in the previous version some chars had not enough power, so for them to fight the overpowered guys we didn't back down on giving them new weapons. For the others, those for who we did too much or those who where thought to have gone too far away from their base concept, we decided to proceed to a drastic change of their image (including Kliff and Justice).

Now every character should be able to fight properly.

We are looking forward to the new strategies and tactics that the players will find."

This sounds lovely and all but here's to hoping I'm missing some goodness with Bridget's "didn't back down on giving them new weapons" - we'll have to wait and see aaah! :D

Maybe but wasn't this possible before only after certain conditions as a followup of some moves ? It seems that now you can do the powered up versions directly if you have the power up cards, followup is not mandatory anymore, and the video seems to confirm this.

I think if she canceled into one of her three kick moves, if she had a card it would be powered up. Now, whether as a cancel or raw, she can decide if it should be powered up or not by using D instead of K.

The video shows her doing 214D and getting powered-up Gekirin without canceling, so that covers that. They don't show her canceling into a normal version, though, so I'm not sure.

Regarding Dizzy: it shows her using a fish in her first clip that bites three times instead of once. Property change, new move? Can't load the site to check and it's not in your translations. There's also the "BIT NG" above her tension bar. No clue there.

Edited by Circuitous

Can anyone tell what the hell that TUBE Faust throws now is? Also Faust's Johnny coin seems to bounce and still hit!

man, im loving that ky got his old 6hs and that chipp now has 3 new forcebreaks :kitty:

1335063173027.gif

dunno about the changes of testament though

that makes a lot of sense

Edited by Hecatom

Regarding Dizzy: it shows her using a fish in her first clip that bites three times instead of once. Property change, new move? Can't load the site to check and it's not in your translations. There's also the "BIT NG" above her tension bar. No clue there.

Yeah, this wasn't written on the site when I made the translating, maybe they'll modify it though. There are a few things showed in the video that don't appear in the character pages (like Anji's 6HS now able to be cancelled from 2HS and into specials).

There's also the "BIT NG" above her tension bar.

"Bit No Good" maybe? In Training mode Dizzy's special menu was "Bit" for her summons, it could just be a reminder that you can't summon a new fish yet (so maybe it won't be in the final build).

Yeah, this wasn't written on the site when I made the translating, maybe they'll modify it though. There are a few things showed in the video that don't appear in the character pages (like Anji's 6HS now able to be cancelled from 2HS and into specials).

Actually yeah they've been doing some changes. Sol's page initially listed Grand Viper and Bandit Bringer as followups to Volcanic Viper. :v:

"Bit No Good" maybe? In Training mode Dizzy's special menu was "Bit" for her summons, it could just be a reminder that you can't summon a new fish yet (so maybe it won't be in the final build).

That would make sense.

Undertow looks weird. In the clip it looks like he does Undertow straight into 2H then into a BBU?

Actually I have no idea what Undertow looked like before.

Edit: Nevermind that's what it looked like before, although now it seems like Undertow causes float, because it combos into BBU, which it apparently doesn't do now.

Edited by Circuitous

Actually yeah they've been doing some changes. Sol's page initially listed Grand Viper and Bandit Bringer as followups to Volcanic Viper. :v:

Didn't notice any changes on the changes lists at least for now. Still the site being back online allowed me to correct some translation mistakes.

Also not really important but it seems that they added summon icons for Zappa above his tension bar. And Faust seems to have a new "eatable" item but I can't read what it says when he takes it (bottoms up maybe ? :D).

Edited by Dream Maker

From watching the video, Faust has 2 new random items. One seems to be another sort of power up item like candy and chocolate. After Faust picks it up, I cant tell what it does because his tension, health, and burst meter all seem to be unchanged. Its kinda hard to see in the video though. I wonder if it has some other property like temporary speed or damage boost or something? Hopefully its useful and not another waste of an item like the candy and chocolate.

On the other hand, his other new item looks like a weight (like a hand barbell or something). It seems to function like a hammer that falls slower and has a bit more airtime. Seems like a great new item. I wonder if it has as much stun as hammer.

Faust coins now bounce after hitting the ground, making them actually somewhat good at controlling space. I am assuming the bit at the end with Johnny was just for fun and the chances of ever seeing a 4 coin item super are just as rare and pretty unseen as always. Johnny's coin didnt seem to bounce but the upward arch one looks like a nice little new tool for him.

Also Fausts FB follow up to back door looks really cool. I wonder how safe it is on block. It didn't seem to combo off of the 2HS but it looks like you can get some interesting setups with it since it is so instant. Certainly a nice little extra tool that I look forward to experimenting with.

I hope he gets a little more changes since his are few compared to most of the cast, but I am glad that he still seems to play the same and all of his good stuff is still there from before!

Not sure if they explained this on the site. I am having problems loading it. Ill try it again later.

Also am very pleased with their mindset with rebalancing by making the weaker characters better and by changing the other characters to be interesting and fresh but still play similar to their old selves.

So hype for this!!

I will be at that location test in Akihabara for sure. Nothings gonna stop me from going!