Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

I guess it would be a bit harderr whit HF, from the video Potemkin return to neutral almost immediately afther cancel JG whit p and whit HF you still have some active frames before returning to a neutral state.

- New 2H airbone : During the jump + down H .Former jump has been restored to a new command. return of the pre slash old jump HS

- 236D : FRC added right after the jumping animation

- 214D : New FB secret garden.

- 214S-D : causes wallstick

Im not sure if this means her AC j.h will be the same and if you press Down j.h it will be reload style. Perhaps they will remove it entirely? I really wish they were more clear on this.

Nonetheless, using EX millia in AC I recorded what could potentially be her new bread and butters...a fusion of AC+#R...

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=15zqbyq&s=6

ACR Millia could be a lot of fun :)

sol's new FB sidewinder better be something so epic like a 0.5 second screen freeze + close up or something stupid like that and i won't even mind if he's bottom tier

Okay, got a chance to sit down and absorb the Jam changes, and think about them for a bit. There's not much that changed though, unless the loketest has hidden changes we don't know about yet. I'll assume not for now but we'll see.

The change to Jam's 22D forcebreak really doesn't make much of a difference to me. It looks like you just gain all three cards, one of each type as soon as you charge, which is nice but honestly I still don't know if Jam's gonna be using 25% meter for that. Maybe with the change to let you use a charge whenever you want it'll be more useful, but honestly I would've rather preferred they let us just pick 3 cards to charge or made the charge faster. We'll see, and at least now it might get some use.

Her charged kicks being on-demand is great though. She didn't get as big changes as other characters but she was already pretty strong and this is kinda a nice buff anyway. Being able to do charged 236K or charged 214K whenever means you could do a basic aircombo into them and go to a wall loop for easy damage, charged 236K has frame 1 invul, while it doesn't last into the active frames could still be useful. Having a charged 214K ready basically makes her gatlings have a huge threat of a really fast overhead coming out at any time. Also I'm pretty sure you could go straight from f.S into charged 236K without any TK motion, making that easier, though I'm not sure if she'd get more damage for it. Charged 623K is actually useful now for more than tacking on a bit of damage and knockdown at the end of a combo since you can actually use the invul on it (17 frames, volcanic viper tier), so the card could be very useful in some matchups (looking at you, May).

So all in all it looks like Jam got even easier to play as. Rely on getting your cards a little more and your opponent will be terrified to even get touched. I do think though that she'll still reward playing at a high level and doing harder combos though, unless they changed up her damage a lot. We'll see at the loketests though.

To be honest, I could probably play jam without many cards because I hardly bother charging anything but dragon. I want to learn more sophisticated combos (DP, ryujjin, gekirin, blah blah etc) but nothing was really better for me than confirming some kind of Gekirin or IAD gekirin into big puffball corner damage or just taking someone to corner midscreen so I can do the same.

You'll have to teach me that stuff.

Wait so... you can p-cancel the JG AFTER you actually punch with it? That seems a bit odd. I'm suddenly not sure I follow this combo.

EDIT: oh wait I guess you mean you'd just use JG to cancel the 6H and do 6H again.

While this may be kinda hard, couldn't you also just do that with hammer fall canceling 6H?

you have to cancel 6h later on because of the charge requirment with hammerfall.

Wtf is up with adding wall sticks to everything? Wall sticks look horrible, might as well just get rid of the sticks and make them bounces.

Wtf is up with adding wall sticks to everything? Wall sticks look horrible, might as well just get rid of the sticks and make them bounces.

I'll accept wallsticks in favor of wallbounces. That stuff jut makes me feel like putting down the controller after being wallbounced twice in a combo.

It'd be nice to get some footage from the tests, but I won't hold my breath.

If justice is actually playable I can finally get back to maining robot women only.

I am hella excited. Can't wait to play you old bastards and young punks online =D

Wallsticks are interesting imo cause then you have corner control. It might have some technical worth if we mess with some setups.

I am very suspect that they will mess with slash back ... but ya two days away and we should know. Also expecting hella frame data change since every game has changed frames on normals mostly (but randomly everything also).

We will get some sorta media from the beta but it prolly won't be pretty =D

I am hella excited. Can't wait to play you old bastards and young punks online =D

Wallsticks are interesting imo cause then you have corner control. It might have some technical worth if we mess with some setups.

I am very suspect that they will mess with slash back ... but ya two days away and we should know. Also expecting hella frame data change since every game has changed frames on normals mostly (but randomly everything also).

We will get some sorta media from the beta but it prolly won't be pretty =D

I understand why they are different and potentially interesting, but they look HORRIBLE. They need to animate some more frames of a guy getting stuck to the wall than one often silly looking hit frame. It looks way better in games with more frames of animation. That and wall slide made ac look hella doujinshi fighter to me.

Has anyone played Justice enough to see what Air Michael Sword does exactly? Is it a floor slide 2-hitter?

Is there anything else regarding the matchup?

Air Michael Sword didn't exist before as far as I'm aware. There's no matchup information because no one gave a shit before now.

Kliff's 5H vacuums on hit. I don't think it did that before.

Ky's Lightning Sphere extension seems to deal more damage.

Order-Sol's overall damage output seems notably lower, probably due to across the board damage nerfs or forced prorations attached to his moves.

Order-Sol's overall damage output seems notably lower, probably due to across the board damage nerfs or forced prorations attached to his moves.

Welp, seems like I'll be playing more Slayer than HOS in AC+R. :(

The best jam alive will be playing this ofcourse :D!

omg its doren2k

i want to run back that skittles match! be prepared.. i might suck less this time

and now i can afford to up the bet to two bags of skittles.... you better get ready

Pretty stoked on the Robot changes.

Having 2hs Knee Rocket basically become a Doom Hidden missile is very much welcomed. Interested to see if it's going to give significant heat as M. Song alluded to. Also interested in seeing how it tracks, and if you can have multiple ones coming down at the same time. 2hs FRC x N shenanigans, etc.

2s Eye Lasers hitting twice and launching in 80% Heat mode is great too. Saves tension for extended-burninating and missile ender combos in the air. Since it doesn't prorate, it'll be even more beneficial and advantageous to try and sneak it in as a starter.

Air SRK seems funny to me still, but it's cool. I'm just picturing Robot doing it from his Force Break motion, and how unnatural it'll be to see at first.

You should talk more about Robo Ky.

He needs more representatives.

I hope there are enough of them in Japan to deliver some good knowledge in the Loketests.

Know any going to the loketest? I'd like to hear what they think about it once it's done.

We're all chomping at the bit for any information we can get our hands on, I wouldn't worry about Robo-Ky being left out.

Pretty stoked on the Robot changes.

Having 2hs Knee Rocket basically become a Doom Hidden missile is very much welcomed. Interested to see if it's going to give significant heat as M. Song alluded to. Also interested in seeing how it tracks, and if you can have multiple ones coming down at the same time. 2hs FRC x N shenanigans, etc.

2s Eye Lasers hitting twice and launching in 80% Heat mode is great too. Saves tension for extended-burninating and missile ender combos in the air. Since it doesn't prorate, it'll be even more beneficial and advantageous to try and sneak it in as a starter.

Air SRK seems funny to me still, but it's cool. I'm just picturing Robot doing it from his Force Break motion, and how unnatural it'll be to see at first.

I'm no RK player, but the combo starting with 2S in the video goes black beat after the 2S.

Also, regarding the aerial SRK, wouldn't ending an aerial combo with the Air Missile be better for damage and specially in corner?