[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

some more

[A.B.A]

5HS has slower start-up

{f.S, 5HS} doesn't combo

some correction

[sol]

HS Fafnir doesn't combo from normal f.S, only counter hit f.S

and a bug already got found (by Robo-Ky player GAKU)

[Robo-Ky]

doing 2HS on the moment he explodes freezes the game

[General]

Doing an IB in the air (like in BB) causes a "Guard Clean"?

[Testament]

EXE Beast can be hold

Bad Lands Loop doesn't exist anymore (?)

From Hama's twitter

[Order-Sol]

Lv2 Rock It doesn't bounce

Lv2 Bandit Revolver causes sliding

Dodges Slide Head with FD

Lv1 and Lv3 moves still the same

Lv2 Blockhead Buster has bigger start-up, causes wall stick

Dragon Install: Sakkai caused 40% damage on Millia

Throw combo finishing with {HJ j.HS, j.D, j.236K Lv2} didn't cause knockdown

2D apparently has a shorter range

Edited by landstalker

From Ogawa's twitter

Eddie got weaker... it's just a bad first impression, but now I have a better grasp on the changes. The most obvious one is the Drill Special, its recovery got greatly increased, which influenced the combos after it a lot. On the other hand, FB Exhaustion is actually better, so there will be lots of changes (in the gameplay). The unblockables are still fine, thank you

another tweet

Damned Fang lost its FRC? Nobiru doesn't hit sliding opponents (smaller lower hitbox?). Mawaru Loop -> Shadow Hole Unblockable -> Invite Hell Unblockable still possible. Didn't test normals a lot, but didn't look like they changed a lot? I'd like to do more tests... ah, and I didn't win against an I-No lol; But it's still the first loketest, is that all....?

Edited by landstalker
another tweet

I'm curious as to how the Venom changes affect him, would anyone more expirenced than I care to explain
Well, Venom's 6P > 6H chain was basically one of his best combo tools. Now that he's lost it, he can no longer do 6P > 6H > [2]8S, which will definitely lower his damage potential. Also, since 6P is his main anti-air move, we'll have to think of an alternate combo as a follow-up. Actually, unless 6P is jump cancellable, I have no clue what he'll do.

Can anyone confirm if Venom's c.5S still launches on the 3rd hit, and if so, does 6H afterwards combo?

Hmmm, seems like the devs are going with the XX/ treatment for this game. I don't mind, honestly, as long as Sol and Ky aren't top tier again :p

BTW, am I reading this correctly, or was Justice's ground dash removed? What is up with that?!

Edited by shinquickman

Well, Venom's 6P > 6H chain was basically one of his best combo tools. Now that he's lost it, he can no longer do 6P > 6H > [2]8S, which will definitely lower his damage potential. Also, since 6P is his main anti-air move, we'll have to think of an alternate combo as a follow-up. Actually, unless 6P is jump cancellable, I have no clue what he'll do.

Can anyone confirm if Venom's c.5S still launches on the 3rd hit, and if so, does 6H afterwards combo?

That's a bit of a bummer. It's a little discouraging, but I think Venom'll still be good,

....and a bug already got found (by Robo-Ky player GAKU)

[Robo-Ky]

doing 2HS on the moment he explodes freezes the game

Thanks for the info

I've had it translated to me as "while in heat mode if you do 2HS he explodes." It could also be what you posted though, I dunno.

Lol. We're off to a great start Robot fans. I'm going to suffer from GG:Slash PTSD/flashbacks unless we get some more interesting news here.

Edited by Dr. Stormlocke

[slayer]

HS D-Step is like a S D-Step, but goes really far. Something like 2/3 of the screen

5HS doesn't cause stagger anymore, but it's still possible to do (5HS, Pile Bunker}

Bite looks the same

Undertow causes bounce without CH, and its FRC isn't hard

EDIT: didn't feel like double posting just for this. anyway

2HS causes stagger (i.e., doesn't launch the character anymore)

Edited by landstalker
another info

Go ahead and keep posting changes here, but let's take the character change discussion to their respective boards. General system changes can be discussed here.

from Kuni's twitter again

If you hit the aerial Tatami below the opponent, the 2nd hit whiffs and you can combo from it. The question is if it's possible to do it from a TK Youzansen RC...

Go ahead and keep posting changes here, but let's take the character change discussion to their respective boards. General system changes can be discussed here.

I strongly disagree Kyle :)

I think that making that happen will deter any kind of posting. At this point - all credible posting anything is good for the community ( excitement, HYPE ) especially when it is actual new* content.

This thread will be deleted anyways. Thoughts?

Edited by Jais

If I may, you should wait until this loketest ends, at least. Then put the info wherever it is fit to be

Basically, use this one as some kind of gathering point

I don't want to clutter up the thread while new info is being posted. The easier it is to find the info, the better.

Compromise: if you're want to discuss character changes at length, take it to the character board. Clarification and short discussion here should be fine. If it gets out of hand we'll take it from there.

(In other words, carry on.)

Some stuff:

Hama(or)

The sign that the character on May-ship holds: does not say Location Test in progress!!!

Tsujikawa

I will focus on Bridget.

Hama(or) [on Slashback]

You can now still guard even after you have missed a slashback-timing. And they might have changed the blockstun that the person doing the slashback gets? And maybe even the tension gain..

Kedako(ma) [on May]

OHK fucking sucks... it doesn't feel like it will ever conect..

Mogura [on Sol]

Sol 5H to normalfafnir connects.

FB-Sidewinder seems to be a guaranteed cleanhit.

Woshige [on +R]

They have nerfed the amount of stuff that the upper tier can do, and buffed the lower tier ones. At the moment: Eddie feels so strong and it doesn't feel like any character can win against him.

LOX [on Jam]

FB-Hyappo doesn't wallstick..........

FB-Hyappo doesn't wallstick, if it hits them in air you get a down. And I don't know if the startup of it has gotten slower, or if it is because of it getting slower, but 2HS to FB-hyappo in the corner sends them in the opposite direction..

And 6HS doesn't wallstick either...

Edited by Shinjin

so, here are some stuff already found from the loketes

[May]

Overhead Kiss is now a dash throw (like Platinum's) (?)

[Justice]

Lost triple jump, ground dash and triple airdash

thanks goes to Nikki, from www.hitconfirm.com.br

the original sources are Twitter (lots of users), this 2ch thread and ggxx jbbs

Yo...I was kinda guessing on the Overhead Kiss/Dramatic Sammy thing, but I didnt think they would do it and I guess Justice losing her dashes and jumps makes her a bit more fair.

[sol]

Fafnir doesn't have FRC (?)

Bandit Bringer causes bounce even if it hits the opponent on the ground

Dragon Install j.214K is fiery (lol) (start-up similar to FB Greed Saber?)

From Woody's twitter

Tried Zeinest and Hitomi's input with 236 instead of 623 and it worked. Couldn't do Bad Lands Loop. With the lag, wasn't hitting {Throw 6K}. You call EXE Beast with the command, hold the button and let it go whenever you feel like it. After you let it go, EXE Beast hits even if you get hit.

another tweet

Normals didn't change. f.S, 6K and j.S are still strong. Couldn't do 6HS' FRC... but I can do EXE Beast's normally, so I don't know if it's the lag or not. I forgot to test if EXE Beast's activation got slower (compared to AC) if you don't hold the button.... probably not I think?

[Justice]

Lost triple jump, ground dash and triple airdash

Oh FUCK the HELL yes. With the proper balancing, starting with this, Justice could FINALLY be a legit character, and I would main her in a heartbeat.

Sorry these are late. Was gonna post it on my blog but fuck it.

Here are changes I noticed or heard from other ppl. They are not all of the changes and I might post more later.

JO

Noticed 6k pass through horizontal chemical love

Can double jump after super jump (?)

Jackhound still force break

New coin not overhead

New coin causes knockdown on hit in air

TE

Can still do counter version of warrant

Badlands property changed lost loop

Can do both exe beasts instant or delay them. Can summon one while other is still charging. Both have FRC

ZA

Spinning sword move in air has FRC and it knocks up on hit for combos

KY

Can do either wall bounce or wall stick follow up after DP

Force break lightning orb sucks opponent down more when hit in air(?)

New FB greed saber move can't be combod into off normals from what I saw

JU

No tripple jump

Slow walk

Counter doesn't work on lows

Can't combo off lightning tail DP like move

ED

6p nerfed

Shadow gallery nerfed

Overall weaker

PO

Slide head causes regular OTG state so no combos unless you FRC and hit them while they are in air. Still knocks drown long time so you can use it to get in full screen like before but you can only use it for oki setups without FRC

FA

New food item just gives health I guess. Lame

New dumbbell causes knockdown on hit. I used it in an item super and I think it hit another item and got canceled out or something

Force break door only works from back door. Can be combod off off only if you RC it and catch with 5p

RO

Lazer normal power up by heat does 2 hits and launches.

Game froze 3 times as Gaku mentioned

BA

Tatami seems it can still wall bounce in corner. Not sure of exact properties

SO

FB fafnir does ground slide. Can combo in corner

Can do DP follow up kick on its own in dragon install as regular air special. Flaming

MI

Air dust causes ground slide on hit if they touch ground

AB

Projectile stays out longer after going end of its distance and does more hits causing longer block and hit stun and controls more spacE longer

General

Slashback changed. Causes hit stop. Will Investigate more later

No EX colors but they will probly add later

Didn't notice lag but only played once so far

Taunting gives meter but not always. I think your opponent has to havE taunted first

If some of this info is wrong redundant or not actually a change, my bad

Edited by ElvenShadow

Just to put you at ease a little here, the promo video actually shows venom's c.S 2nd hit into 6h on a standing opponent.

Hey, I'm just back from the loketet in Osaka. Had time to observe quite a lot, just had one game against a Slayer. All I can say is that people who thought this game will be a brokefest can sleep well, they seem to have nerfed the cheapest aspects of the top chars, even though they provided them with new weapons. Here is what I could observe, sorry if it's incomplete, unsure, or already mentioned. Characters that aren't mentioned : I didn't notice anything more than what we already knew or I didn't see playing.

Anji :

- 3K doesn't make the opponent float anymore, he stays on the ground when taking the hit.

- 2H, 6H is gatling but doesn't combo on a standing character

Venom :

- 6P, 6H doesn't seem possible anymore, at least I saw a player seeming to attempt that and he could only get 6P, H

Order-Sol :

- Rock it level 2 knocks down.

Zappa :

- Sword 2H stays in place for a bit after the animation, this seems to allow for some pretty nasty keepaway tactics (like 2H spam).

Justice :

- Walking speed seemed slow has hell and the guy who tried to play her didn't seem to dash even once, I'm wondering if she got Potemkin style ground movement ? Hard to say if this isn't a little to much to make up for her abilities though.

Jam :

- 6H followup causes KD instead of wallstick now.

- Puffbal FB also causes KD instead of wallstick.

Johnny :

- Lv2 S Mist finer seems to launch behind him very often, still possible to combo though.

Slayer :

- 2H doesn't launch anymore, causes stagger instead.

Sol :

- FB fafnir is cancellable into just as the normal one.

- FB sidewinder looks like auto clean hit and seems to have a crazy hitbox.

- j214K in dragon install looks like a new animation, goes down to the ground with a Jam like 214K fire kick, very fast

Dizzy :

- Not all the fish bites are 3 hits, some are 1 hit like before. Can't tell which though I don't know the character enough for that.

Testament :

- S Exe beast now does 2 hits, seems slower to come out (maybe not usable in pressure strings anymore ?). It advances a bit and bites 2 times, if hits it launches the opponent far away towards Testament. Don't know about the H version, but I believe it behaves somewhat similar.

- New warrant move seems like just a teleport, doesn't hit and the old counter warrant is still there.

Baiken :

- The new 214P counter is super fast to come out, looks like a guaranteed anti air but not comboable even with RC the guy playing didn't seem to be able to combo.

- 236K can wallbounce if close enough from the corner and the tatami is done far enough from the opponent so that the 2nd knockdown hit doesn't hit. You can then pick up with far S. On air version it knocks down in a forward/downards way unless a wall is close : it wallbounces in that case.

Faust :

- New dumbbell item knocks down directly.

Potemkin :

- Slide head still gives KD after ground bounce, but it doesn't seem possible to OTG pickup anymore.

- Megafist knocks down.

- jS knocks down on air hit

May :

- cS, HS gatling on airbone opponent doesn't seem to work anymore : fucks up the cheap vertical dolphin loop.

Robo-Ky :

- HS after leveled up 214S doesn't seem to combo properly anymore, or the guy on the cab was just messing up.

Edited by Dream Maker