Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

From En's twitter

[slayer]

2D has a little more recovery. 2S got a faster start-up. 2HS causes stagger, still combos into BBU. In the corner, I managed to do {BBU, 5HS, IAD, land 5HS}. Midscreen combos with {5HS, 214D~K}, but the combos after Crosswise look harder

This part Nikki wasn't really sure about some stuff when translating, so sorry if something makes no sense. I'll also link to the source for those who are willing to give it a try

source: http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/34742/1323935259/535

[Axl]

Kyokusageki pulls the opponent, close range 2S can whiff

During the untechable time, you can combo with c.S or 2S

You can {chain combo, Kyokusageki}

The move doesn't have Axl's hitbox (

Rensengeki's Follow-Up Kyokusageki hitbox's modified (?)

If trade hit in CH, you have time to follow in a combo

Not sure if you still can force trade hit situations

About Axl being low hit only (Axl Bomber nerf), it will be harder to get through the enemy's defense, we'll need more tests/setups. From what I tried, I wasn't confident about it (this change), but there was also the lag effect... if there's any reason for this change, I still don't know what it is.

It's not like that move is an excellent overhead that needed a nerf, but it's usually a good move. Positive F.Adv on block, and now if blocked low the blockstun is going to get even bigger... looking from that point of view, I think the move is still strong. But it's still going to be a problem getting through the opponent's defense.

S Raieisageki now does "Zusa~". In CH also (we have no idea wtf is a "zusa")

HS Raiei is the same, except for the RC loss

The button holding stuff to get 2 hits in the normals is weird, a little complicated. For example, if you want to do {5P, 2S} but you hold too much while charging [1], you're going to FD. Maybe it's better to look for an easier way to do it.

2HS FRC is still at the 1st hit timing. You can't hit the 2nd one (and FRC)

I think that 2D start-up is still the same. The low hit prorate looks the same too

I wanted to try the 5P (1) CH with the opponent in the air but I couldn't. I wanted to try the 623P uses against burst, but since everyone used Gold Bursts to fill the tension and do tests, I couldn't try it...

Damn those lag issues would explain a lot of things, it sure felt kinda weird for the little time I played, missed a lot more things than usual. But I unconciously blamed excitement or unnoticed changes for that.

robot standing p can't jump cancel, aerial dp doesn't activate super(?)

roboky's standing punch wasn't jump cancelable in regular ac either

Justice turned into full zoner now? ):

I guess it was too much to ask for just a numbers rebalance but now she can't move... slower walkspeed than Pot.

at least they didnt touch her normals (hopefully)

I can translate some of the info, but i'm not familiar with the terms that they use

Millia: after throwing her needle, there seems to be a set time where she cannot pick it up

Eddie: if the shadow gauge is on screen, while the shadow is summoned and i think while the gauge recovering anturally, Exhaustion (236D) will refill the gauge and go up to 200%. if the gauge is not on screen (if it's full i guess) the FB will do nothing. i think that's how it works. it is cancellable

Part of the "nerfs" may actually be due to the lag many people noticed though. Particularly nerfs concerning moves not comboing as they did before and becoming black beat by a short margin.

They should adress this problem on the next build, guess we'll have to wait to see what's really a change and not. I find it weird though that they actually didn't notice it by themselves even if this is the first test.

If all the May changes are true so far it looks like she got hit the hardest. Really excited for the old/new slash esque Jam. I just hope they keep the trend up and give me my old 6.h back as an alternate move.

There are gonna be more loketests right? This version seems pretty overboard with the nerfs.

It doesn't seem that bad, most characters have new tools to compensate. A couple characters did get hit harder than others.

To me those changes look heavily focused on changing bad matchups (Zappa dog) or slightly nerfing the better characters.

Pots new j.S seems strange to me, but maybe that will make his air combos slightly better, it makes his oki weaker if the Pot's good, but better if he's bad.

Edited by Henaki

Does anyone know what kind of have a picture of the cabinet used for the loke test? Since this is running on Sega hardware I figured they wouldn't be using a Vewlix. Not sure what they could use besides a Lindbergh cab though.

We were all really annoyed by the lag tho...kinda hard to test new combos/other things with input delay. especially chars who have new frc timings/moves and slashbacks.

Lol Axl Bomber no overhead. What's that shit with the aerial moves loosing overhead properties? :v: That happened in BB too.

any lights about pot changes? how the players are feeling the nerfhammer on him?

wow Eddie Still owning the other chars though being weakened the most, its like whit arakune and the nerfhammer on him, he can still rape(no so rolf now, but can still rape)....suddenly Eddie vs Pot feel more retarded now :(

Lol Axl Bomber no overhead. What's that shit with the aerial moves loosing overhead properties? :v: That happened in BB too.

...and it sounds like they are!

To people who have attended the tests: have you noticed any changes in things like dust speeds or overhead moves (Greed Sever, Jam IAD firekick, Eddie 6K, Testament 6P)? Eddie 6K in particular... if that move isn't nerfed, double shadow gauge + unreactable 6K has potential to be very stupid.

Edited by Hellmonkey