Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

People complaining already smh. Just play the game when it comes out and then lose to me everybody like the old days.

^Thanks, Doren. You're making this place look more like the good old days, lol.

As I think about the SB change more, I come to realize that it's actually a little more risky vs. some things. For example, in AC I always attempt SB against obvious single-hit high hit stun moves like FB Rin, FB puffball, Axl's 6H, and just about all the 5d's out there. If I land the SB, then good for me. If I don't, I just block the move and waste a little tension. In AC+R, SBing in these cases would be worse; I'd just be ramping my own guard gauge for my opponent more often than not.

Edited by shinquickman

This isn't the thread to discuss lag or talk shit about people. Next person to forget that can take a vacation.

Might take j1n's advice on a pure changelog thread here soon. For now let's try and focus.

Actually, I just read that new Japanese site and they are reporting this:

Possessed sword - Extended dwell time of sword techniques use various sword. (this probably explains the hover 2HS being reported, maybe other sword moves)

Sword 2HS - After the operation, so that rigid sword. (don't know what the use of the word rigid is)

So this may be something new, but I still need to see it to be sure.

Well, I can tell you what I saw, that is now after inputting 2H the sword stays in place for half a second or so before coming back to Zappa. It certainly seemed new to me but I'm not a Zappa player, so if you can assure me that in vanilla AC this was not the case I can assure you that there is definitely a change there. Didn't notice anything for the other sword moves though, the extension may not be as long as this one and thus I couldn't notice it while simply observing.

Sorry if it wasn't clear in the original mentioned change, I know Zappa can already spam his 2H in place for zonning but the fact that the sword stays in place a bit now if you do nothing allows delaying and thus should strenghten 2H based keepaway tactics.

Edited by Dream Maker

Any new post regarding GGACR lag that doesn't include one of the following:

1. Solid data to support every claim made about the lag

2. Direct experience with the game itself

3. Sourced material from people who have had hands-on experience with the game

WILL GET YOU TEMPORARILY BANNED

You have been warned.

Yes, there was lag in the location test. No, we don't know whether it will be completely fixed or not, but the speculation in this thread is worthless.

Someone (Teyah or whoever is gonna actually keep it updated) should just start a new thread with all the info on the first post, IMO...

Reference post: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?13487-Guilty-Gear-Accent-Core-Plus-R!-Loketests-June-2-3!&p=1336698&viewfull=1#post1336698

When browsing this thread on my phone earlier today, I saw an add about buying guns. I thought about clicking on it to shoot some of the retarded posters in here.

Copy pasta'd Teyah's post into its own thread. Thread has its own rules that you can read there. Not sure what else to keep this thread open for since discussion of changes should be held in the new thread, but I'll leave that up to Teyah and Hellmonkey.

Link to thread: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14281-Official-Guilty-Gear-Accent-Core-R-CHANGE-LIST-Thread&p=1337278#post1337278

Loving the changes so far. I don't mind a 1000 nerfs for my character as long as the game is getting more intelligent and sticks to the characters' unique playstyles.

To me this feels like what AC should have been in the 1st place.

Did you see anything different from what other people posted? Also did you see the up coin knockdown and were phones and cameras not allowed that not a single soul has a single video in this digital age? FUCK ME I WANT TO SEE THIS GAME IN ACTION SO BAD, I'M GETTING AN ULCER.

Phones were not allowed at all guy. They had the Arc-cops and special arcade security dudes wearing yellow jackets looking for phones and line skippers lol. And I didnt see Johnny action :-( nor Kliff for that matter.

Phones were not allowed at all guy. They had the Arc-cops and special arcade security dudes wearing yellow jackets looking for phones and line skippers lol. And I didnt see Johnny action :-( nor Kliff for that matter.

We need a court room sketch artist.

You have got to be kidding me right? Are you actually promoting a system where you can essentially mash slashback regularly with little to no penalty? Good to know your logic is the same as always.

What are you talking about man? If you miss slash back on a mixup and get hit with a jacked guardbar you are worse off than in AC where you just got hit with a normal combo. Now your bar gets raised ON TOP of whatever lvl move or string you were guarding in the first place. Tho the risk reward is still better than AC. Definitely not "little to no penalty".

Just saw the preview video, so to Bozac (or anyone else that can try it out):

1) Looks like the FB Greed Sever hops LOWER than the regular version. Can you verify if it's comboable from gatlings? And if it has a level 6 "stun" on block/if it's punishable on block/if it's unpunishable on max range?

2) Are you able to combo after a wall stick S javelin follow up (after Vapor Thrust)?

3) Are you able to do (combo)-> Stun Dipper -> Lightning Bolt FRC -> 2D xx 2364 D -> 5S, 2HS -> (air combo) with no damage scaling?

4) Does the new 3HS (the original 2-hit 6HS) still put people on crouch? If so, can you do 5S, 6K loops afterwards?

Thx in advance!

Slashback cost 10% of tension gauge now

wait really?

why was this not mentioned earlier, seeing as this would be the main method to prevent people from mashing slashback

Ukyo, earlier in reports, I heard people were comboing into FB GS from gatling. Also, people are getting 40%+ damage when starting combos with it.

The lightning OTG has only been reported that you can combo 2P or 5k after the FRC (I thought 5S also but no reports on it working.) Also, I hear that at this point even if the combo is a few hits, you can only do a quick few more hits ie 5k 5S 2H VT before hit stun lets you out. And the damage is hella scaled by this point also.

Everything else I have no clue. Most of this is buried in this thread but ya I don't blame ya for not finding it. Since we saw the preview vid last week, there hasn't been much news on Ky unfortunately.

Ukyo, unless they changed 6K back to #R status (which would be nice), you can't do 5S 6K loops. There's always putting 5K or S Stun Edge FRC inbetween to make it work.

Every version Faust just keeps getting better :)

Mr ElvenShadow or anyone else who may know: Does Faust's FB door on counter hit do anything useful like a wall bounce maybe?

I could see this may be somewhat useful as a full screen punish for characters that may be trying to zone(Dizzy/Ky/etc) or even Potemkin trying to fish for a long range knockdown.

at certain heights they wont be able to tech until they hit the ground, but they said that the backflip distance after lj seems to be farther back now so it might not be possible unless you were in the corner i guess?

Dennis, Im not sure you can combo into new Ky FB from any normal. At least 2D and 5HS didn't work from what I saw. Might be different on crouch hit or counter hit.

Senkei, not sure. Never saw it counter hit. Ppl just kept standing there and blocking the wrong way.

Edited by ElvenShadow

1-ElvenShadow..next time if there were an console version has a training mode can you check if the how useful qcb+P .K and S after the coin bounce and the dumbbell..?? does the K version makes an ambiguous cross up with these tools..??

2-can any anji user tell us if there is any change in his guard points...??

Edited by Lynxfort

1-ElvenShadow..next time if there were an console version has a training mode can you check if the how useful qcb+P .K and S after the coin bounce and the dumbbell..?? does the K version makes an ambiguous cross up with these tools..??

I've never heard of an FG loketest using a console port for an arcade game. And even if there were, additional features like training mode would be locked. And even if there were a training mode, the set-ups would be too crowded for one person to hog the whole set-up just to use training mode.

LOL theres no training mode on the arcade version and loketests wont use consoles. Using Fausts teleports with an item covering him is good to do, and coin bounce and the new dumbell will be able to be used in this way.

Hey, I think I saw on the wiki that hitting a dead opponent now counts for rakushou just like taunting after the round's over. Is this correct?