Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

any word on a full balance change list? did they release anything or is it gonna be a 'find out as people play it' kinda thing.

dying for a full finalized list that isnt from a loktest

It's like there is someone doing this designs just to prove that his wage is justified by something :V

It's good they changed the UI, you can tell what version the game is in gameplay from the visuals alone.

I do wonder if the changes on the GUI would be present after the patch for GGAC+ on psn and xbla

Played this brielfy at the local Adores today. I'm terrible, so I lost the one match I played, and (I'm terrible so) I couldn't really tell what was different about Zappa aside from his sword behaves differently and floats around. I'm too lazy to read 30 pages of this, does this game not support any kind of online features one would expect form a current gen fighter? Is it going to be dedicab only, no Nesica? This and Under Night InBirth replaced the local Adores' VF5 setups, and I'm just a little miffed about it. 6 Gundam games is the minimum, can't get rid of any of those...

Mikado Day 1 Singles Tourney

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nX3pyKRqgI&feature=plcp

Other parts are on his page.

Thanks for the link bro

Played this brielfy at the local Adores today. I'm terrible, so I lost the one match I played, and (I'm terrible so) I couldn't really tell what was different about Zappa aside from his sword behaves differently and floats around. I'm too lazy to read 30 pages of this, does this game not support any kind of online features one would expect form a current gen fighter? Is it going to be dedicab only, no Nesica? This and Under Night InBirth replaced the local Adores' VF5 setups, and I'm just a little miffed about it. 6 Gundam games is the minimum, can't get rid of any of those...

Its impossible for this game to have Nessica considering that it runs on the Sega's Rinedge arcade machine, not on the Taito Nesica system

Played this brielfy at the local Adores today. I'm terrible, so I lost the one match I played, and (I'm terrible so) I couldn't really tell what was different about Zappa aside from his sword behaves differently and floats around.

NEED MOAR D-TALEZ ON ZAPPA....MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA.

There was no reports on Zappa from the 3rd loketest, so I'm curious. I think most of us knew about the crazy floaty sword.

Man it's been so long I've played that I can't tell the differences, welp.

Faust looks mostly unchanged I guess, that's all I care about.

This may seem like a silly question coming from someone who played "R" already, but does anyone know if it was mentioned in any posts how to select the new colors out of curiosity? You can toggle between color sets by pressing start, and there are 4 sets just like in console AC, but basically I was just wondering what colors the new colors replaced. Personally, I think Faust's new colors suck, and I checked all the ones I like and they are still there, so I was just sorta curious about what got replaced or if the new ones are selectable in a different way.

Is Faust's green suit still in? It's my favorite.

Yea, its his Slash color set Slash button (color set 3). That's actually the color I am using as my main color now and was my main color in Slash.

In addition to the obvious old school XX black and red, I am also a big fan of Slash K button (blue), and reload K button (all white with gold scalpel)

I did a few games today. For the colors it seems that the set 2 is the EX color set from the previous version, at least I was able to select the color I used for Anji before with that.

Anji didn't change much or at least that's how it seems, you can still play it exactly like before and do very well, aside from the changes on Aoi he feels the same with some new options here and there. I'll try to make a list of the changes I noticed, most may be repeats from the previous loketests but at least it will be confirmed now and I'll be able to give some insight.

- 5P : it seems the level went up but the recovery is a bit increased. It's really easy to pick up after using it as an anti-air against someone. On the ground you can also easily cancel into 5S via 3S cancel.

- 5S : it makes guard bar go up again, so that's great for such an important pressure move.

- 5D : it's special cancellable now.

- 2H : gained a cancel into 5H, connects even on standing opponents.

- 2D : reach is way better now, I'm able to connect the move in many cases where I'd just have missed and get punished before. It's a great change, makes Anji's hit confirm game a lot easier.

- 6P : is cancellable from 5H, not very useful IMO as 5H has a lot of knockback.

- 6K : contrary to the reports of the previous loketest, the FRC is still there, at least I had no trouble doing it.

- 6H : now it's a great move, cancellable into from 2H, 5S, 5H and maybe others but I didn't try. It's special cancellable also which makes it great for pressure. Autoguard frames seem to be increased. Recovery is increased though so it's better not to whiff it. Don't know if the FRC is still here or not but it would be irrelevant now if it is the same as before, maybe it has moved though. I used 6H a lot in pressure strings like 5S, 6H, shitsu or P kai, it's a great way to continue pressure. Cancels from 2H and 5H aren't great because the moves give to much pushback so 6H is likely to whiff after these. It's better to use it after 5S.

- 3K : doesn't float anymore, except on CH. I don't know what to do after that if it hits on normal hit except S fuujin into nagiha.

- 3S : it's a great move now. Seems a bit faster, moves forward and has more autoguard frames. It's actually a very legit anti-low autoguard move now. It doesn't cancel into another 3S anymore. The 3S cancels are a lot easier to do, but they don't seem to benefit from the forward momentum of the move. So doing 5S, 3S cancel, 5S isn't gonna make you move forward between the 5Ss or maybe the forward momentum is so small that it's not noticeable.

- jD : didn't notice any increase in the recovery or it's really a small one. I was still able to do on okizeme shitsu, dash, 5K, IAD, jD whiff (guard breaks by falling butterfly), land and 5K into combo.

- FB shitsu : travels very far and faster, takes time to get used to but allows to throw it from farther away on okizeme.

- Rin : it's an overhead move now, still very easy to see.

- FB Rin : it's now much easier to bait bursts with it even late ones, autoguard frames have been buffed a lot.

- K Kai : on normal hit it lifts the opponent up about the same height as P version now, so it's still very possible to combo. On CH however it still bounces very high.

- FB On : it's a bit slow to come out but Anji goes up very fast once he jumps. It doesn't seem to have any invincibility but the hitbox is huge, so if you're not super close to your opponent's attack when you do it, you should be able to catch him. It makes the opponent fly very high when it hits so you can connect pretty much whatever you want after.

- Kou : I'm not sure but it seems that it's untechable now.

- Aoi : the only disappointment of this new Anji. I'm not getting used to it yet, it's much slower to come out (got it blocked most of the times I tried) and the opponent stays on the ground when hit. According to japanese bbs it's possible to combo after it, which should be very interesting but I couldn't get the timing down yet. I also heard it had a FRC but I couldn't try. It's safe on block now though. I think it's not a real nerf and could actually be an advantage considering the combo possibilities but it's necessary to adapt to the new startup and the combo timing first.

- In general, Anji is now able to delay his gatlings up to until the end of the recovery of his moves. This could be very useful to create frametraps and such or counter mashing attemps for opponents. I still have to figure out how to put this change into practice but I've thought of something against people who mash in pressure strings. Using 5S on pressure, late cancelling into 3S or 6H could allow to continue pressure while offering the option to counter an eventual mashing attempt from the opponent with an autoguard. You have to guess on whether to use 3S or 6H, it depends if the best mashing move your opponent has is a low or a high.

Also for the general game info I noticed : there is no lag at all so nothing to worry about. Gold bursts don't knockdown anymore, maybe only on CH ? Didn't try slashbacking yet so I can't say anything about it now.

Edited by Dream Maker

Its impossible for this game to have Nessica considering that it runs on the Sega's Rinedge arcade machine, not on the Taito Nesica system

I have little to no understanding of these things work. So basically, this game is going to be dedicab only? Dedicab meaning every that still has VF5 is going to convert their VF5 into this? Sigh. What about Under Night InBirth, can that run on things that didn't used to be VF5 machines?

You're going to have to wait on Zappa details, because I couldn't even remember his supers much less tell you any small differences that may have cropped up.

Dream Maker -

In one of the later loketest they said they were making P Kai much more advantageous on block (+5). Did you happen to notice if it had more oomph to it in blockstrings, i feel like that's a huge change if he kept it.

Yea, its his Slash color set Slash button (color set 3). That's actually the color I am using as my main color now and was my main color in Slash.

In addition to the obvious old school XX black and red, I am also a big fan of Slash K button (blue), and reload K button (all white with gold scalpel)

Wait, is #RELOAD S still in?

Question is...Why would you go to a damn ADORES for GG lol?! ( ̄Д ̄)ノ

Dream Maker -

In one of the later loketest they said they were making P Kai much more advantageous on block (+5). Did you happen to notice if it had more oomph to it in blockstrings, i feel like that's a huge change if he kept it.

I didn't notice that, but I didn't get punished either when I used it in blockstrings. I'll try to pay more attention the next time I play.

I didn't notice that, but I didn't get punished either when I used it in blockstrings. I'll try to pay more attention the next time I play.

Thank you sir, been waiting on Anji info for weeks. Sounds like he didn't change much from the loketests which is great. How much guard gauge was 5S cranking? It was originally set to 14 which if they left it is goddamn amazing.

Question is...Why would you go to a damn ADORES for GG lol?! ( ̄Д ̄)ノ

because there's an Adores 5 train stops away that has bemani for 4 songs a credit and (had) 2 VFs, and those are basically what I care about. It is an above average Adores.