Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

I fought Dizzy a lot. Mostly against Natsume and Baim. I can't remember the exact properties of the EX fish but I think it follows, goes really fast, and lasts a long time. Don't remember number of bites. I also don't remember what old H laser was like. What I can say is that the new force break knife is really fast and homes. The biggest thing that I found annoying to deal with was Dizzy's new far ice spike. She now has 2 versions, sort of like Eddies drills, so you really have to watch where you are standing at all times. Overall, the match feels harder for Faust than it did in AC. I think Dizzy was one of Faust's easier match ups in AC though. I did well in general winning more than I was losing vs the Dizzys. Sorry I am not much of a Dizzy expert aside from how to fight her with Faust, but I hope that answer's some of your questions Destin. I hope you pick the game up again. I think you will like new Dizzy.

ElvenShadow, if you have the opportunity, could you ask the Japanese players about their thoughts/impressions on AC+R Dizzy?

Mostly interested in the following things:

• D Ice Spike (long-range version)
  • changes to fish summons - particularly K Fish (multi-hit, triple bite) and D Fish (new move)
  • wallstick off of laser fish summons against aerial opponents
  • auto-exploding bubbles
  • FB knife

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kurokun

Can't wait for more ABA stuff to trickle out. I know she's not exactly popular, but I'm really curious to see if the (5S > 5H)xN Goku combo is still in among other changes. She looks like she's gonna be a beast.

What are the chances of them releasing a PSP patch for AC+?

Slim to none?

Null.

I don't remember a single PSP game (Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Portable aside) having "updates".

Edited by Kyosuke Kagami

Ah...wow...they're running GGXXAC+R on old cabinets they used for vanilla AC (Astro City if i'm correct...) ? It's really possible ?

(ah, congrats for winning 3on3 on New Platon, the video didn't have players' names...a good reason to update your blog again ^_^)

Of course it's possible. Many arcades even run SSFIV:AE on old cabinets. There are settings to adjust the aspect ratio so that it fits better on non wide screen cabs. ACR works just like any other GG game on it... it just gets rid of the side bars.

And thanks! The problem with updating my blog is I used to do it at work. I have a new job now and work at the main government office for Gunma Prefecture. The security settings on the computers here are very strict and block tons of websites. I can't seem to be able to log in to blogspot to edit my blog from here. After work, I have more important things to do than type about video games, like actually playing them (plus I am married now so I need to make time for my wife). So, I am happy to just update people with info on DL or whatever.

ElvenShadow, if you have the opportunity, could you ask the Japanese players about their thoughts/impressions on AC+R Dizzy?

Mostly interested in the following things:

• D Ice Spike (long-range version)
  • changes to fish summons - particularly K Fish (multi-hit, triple bite) and D Fish (new move)
  • wallstick off of laser fish summons against aerial opponents
  • auto-exploding bubbles
  • FB knife

Thanks in advance.

I will try to ask.

As far as my own observations, I don't remember specifics about fish and lasers, but the D ice spike is really useful and annoying to deal with. It hit's from about 3/4 screen away, so I really have to watch out for it while for away from Dizzy and trying to set up items. It caught me off guard a lot. Auto exploding bubble is a nice bonus for Dizzy. I used to be able to just wait the bubble out but now I have to really be careful about not getting hit by it while dodging other crap if it is on me. FB knife comes out fast and does a lot of hits. It doesn't seem amazing but is a quick full screen homing pressure tool.

Hey, just make an elvenshadow thread on dl and treat it like your blog. Also, congratulations i didn't know you were married.

There already is a thread for my blog. I can just post in there. But since everyone is asking questions in this thread, I am just posting everything in here right now (at least about ACR). And thank you!

I fought Chipp maybe like 4 times. I think I went 2-2. The match up feels mostly the same but a little harder. The new "find me" move is really hard to see. Blocking his teleport mixups seemed harder. I can't really remember much specific stuff. I need more experience against him.

+R Slayer looks so fun. I've seen a few guys who've done 5H>Undertow on 5H air hit. I wonder if you can't [5H>Undertow]xN or if players just aren't attempting it.

Got info about :OS:? (AKA PEDRO :kitty: )

Is his bar charging still the same?

The matchup felt the same for me with Faust against him mostly. I think his bar charges a little faster, or at least it just seemed like it. I found it harder to stop him from charging... maybe he recovers faster from charge animation. Either way, he was getting to use way more lvl 2 and 3 moves against me than I am used to. But yea... other than that it felt pretty similar so far.

+R Slayer looks so fun. I've seen a few guys who've done 5H>Undertow on 5H air hit. I wonder if you can't [5H>Undertow]xN or if players just aren't attempting it.

I don't think it's possible to do that much reps, never seen anyone do that yet.

About Slayer though I personally find him more frustrating than ever to fight against. His new FB dandy is a real pain to deal with as an escape/reversal move, as he didn't have enough of that shit already. Well at least his damage took a hit so he doesn't get stupid rewards for mashing moves as before. But I'm afraid it won't last long if players find new ways to do stupid damage with him.

Does anyone know if Order-Sol's charge-keep game is still do-able? (i.e. holding Dust for Level 1s)

Also, has his air-combo options changed at all? I was never good at Jump-install combos with him, and I'd prefer to rely on them less.

Mike, you probably noticed this, but in case you didn't, Testament's FB skull does not move up or down at all, so if he throws it out on okizeme, I guess you're stuck ducking, but if he throws it out otherwise, if you can jump and stay in the air long enough or hit him before it touches you, you can avoid it. I know Faust has plenty of ways to stall in the air, so hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the input Mike. I'll give Dizzy a shot for sure and see if she feels like dizzy instead of some Mugen mashup. I do like that they are bringing in old #R shit, makes me nostalgic.

Hey I've been wondering how the new game is being received in japan. Are there a lot of new players picking the game up? Are old players coming out to play it, etc.

Mike, you probably noticed this, but in case you didn't, Testament's FB skull does not move up or down at all, so if he throws it out on okizeme, I guess you're stuck ducking, but if he throws it out otherwise, if you can jump and stay in the air long enough or hit him before it touches you, you can avoid it. I know Faust has plenty of ways to stall in the air, so hopefully this helps.

Yes, I noticed. You are correct about Faust being able to stay in the air. The problem is that the skull lasts a very long time. You can only run away from it in the air for so long, and once you find yourself with it stuck directly under you with no more mobility options, you ARE going to land on it. Once Faust uses his air dash and has no more momentum for his forcebreak pogo, he can only throw bomb bags and FDC float, but those options keep him pretty much stationary, so if by that point the skull catches up to you, you are getting cursed. Once you are in that position the only thing you can hope to hit Testament with is a hail mary bomb bag or hope some item you threw before you went airborn comes back to randomly save your ass, but chances are you are getting cursed. So yea pretty much need to stay mobile while keeping what Testament is doing in mind as well. Good Testament's will force you into blocking the skull and getting cursed. I think it's a really good tool for Testament.

As far as how the new game is being received, I really don't know yet. Most people I talked to seem to like it or say it is too early to decide, but I think most people are happy to see a new GG. I am sure it will thrive, especially since regular AC never even died.

Destin: No problem. I hope you get back into GG. Would be great to play again someday.

Does anyone know if Order-Sol's charge-keep game is still do-able? (i.e. holding Dust for Level 1s)

Also, has his air-combo options changed at all? I was never good at Jump-install combos with him, and I'd prefer to rely on them less.

and yes you can still hold dust for lv 1s i sawl an order sol do that in almost all his matches on a recording off the stream.

well seems like if you're low to the ground or on the ground you can pick someone up with 5k after a l2BRP and lead into a combo which is awesome

otherwise his air combos seem pretty much the same

his ground combos on the other hand got more varied/better

i just wonder if you can l2BRP -> FB fafnir. that would be pretty sick

Not sure if anyone have noticed this but ( or if someone posted it and I didn't see it ), Robo-Ky's song/theme is now his old Holy Orders?. ( No, I'm not asking )

When does it come out? I already have the mook for AC and the one for GGXX Slash will be coming in my mailbox soon...

EDIT: Never mind, just looked up the date (October 30, 2012)

Edited by Nephinel