Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

It's weird to see a Guilty Gear game getting tweaks without needing to make a full-release, like red and blue #R.

(I dunno if this is the appropriate forum for this, but here goes regardless)

I've been playing BB for a year and change now (P4U since it came out as well), but I'm highly interested in getting +R when it comes out on XBLA/PSN. Now, my inquiry is whether or not the gameplay of GG is similar enough to BB/P4U for me to feel right at home (never played GG at all, so yeah). To those who still play, does it feel dated in comparison? Or does it hold up fine?

Some of the biggest changes if you're coming from newer Arc games:

1) There is much more freedom of movement in GG due to zero-recovery FD break and fast dash acceleration speeds across the board, and zero landing recovery on (non Dust) normals

2) Knockdown situations and momentum favour the attacker to a much stronger degree, due to instant, damaging throws and difficult to react to or unreactable high/lows

3) There is a stronger emphasis on the ground game as the majority of characters have solid, reliable reactionary antiairs that can convert into decent damage and/or knockdown

The other games feel dated in comparison.

BB and P4A just feel like watered down versions of GG to me. GG's faster and more exciting to play and watch.

It's DEFINITELY not dated. Just keep in mind it's much more complex/difficult than BB or P4A.

Thanks for the timely reply's. I have no problem with a more complex game, since I can already build off of established fundamentals, I suppose. On the brighter side of things, I have people with years of GG experience to help me. Thanks again.

I was just watching the a-cho 255th ranbat video and noticed that May's dust seemed a little slower than I remember:

So I slowed the video down and took a look - it looks to be 30 frames startup now, up from 26F in AC. Wondering how many other dusts got this treatment?

If Kliff's did, it was probably by one frame. Good lord that thing is scary.

So I slowed the video down and took a look - it looks to be 30 frames startup now, up from 26F in AC. Wondering how many other dusts got this treatment?

26f in AC? God, it always felt a lot faster than that to me

To be fair, think of it this way: Now you just have even less time to react to "Oh, her 5D isn't an overhead, she's going low now instead!" Nerf in some ways, a buff in others.

^ Now you have more time to mash 2P.

Psyduck

FTFY based on what I'm sure most players will do.

For what it's worth, BB and other more recent ARC games are easier to react to on block, so even if GG is faster, that doesn't make it any easier to cope with mixups. It still takes time to learn the pace.

God damn you kids and your

new urban lingo.

For what it's worth, BB and other more recent ARC games are easier to react to on block, so even if GG is faster, that doesn't make it any easier to cope with mixups. It still takes time to learn the pace.
Wait, what? How would anyone conclude that a faster game means easier blocking in the first place?