Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

3SOE was a terrible port, hopefully this won't be.

Surely you jest. The only porting issues I found were the K.O. sound glitch and the character Twelve morphs into with X.C.O.P.Y not sounding distorted.

As much as I don't want it too. I think this will end up like 3S in the US.

Unless people get of their ass and actually attend.

A bit off topic here but what actually happened to the Third Strike port? Everyone was hype for a month after release then it disappeared.

It's an arcade game. Those almost never have the popularity of an actual retail game. The game is still good, but a lot of SF4 players who were new to it kinda got turned off by how difficult the game felt.

Hmm.

Forgive the heretic but I just think the game is going to feel pretty damn dated. I'll buy it, of course I will. But I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as the nostalgia days. I just hope I enjoy playing Potemkin online as much as I think I will. *HEAVENLYYYYYYYYY*

That's okay, I feel BlazBlue moves at a snails pace, and I didn't end up playing it a fraction of as much as I thought I would have. That being said, it feels good to see people willing to drop BB for GG :) I personally feel BB added a huge amount of ruin to the GG community and am glad it's going to get a long overdue kick in the face! :) F-U BoringBlue!!!

As hype as I am about this, I feel sad that BB needs to be bashed; it's a great fighter on its own.

Arc simply shot themselves in the foot by marketing BB as the "new GG", and there's no way a more casual game could live up to the GG name.

So I hope people will still be playing BB along with GG since they are both worthy. We should be saying "fuck SFIV/Marvel", not BB (we already do hate Capcom, but I digress).

Anyway, hyyyyyyyyyype!!

As hype as I am about this, I feel sad that BB needs to be bashed; it's a great fighter on its own.

Arc simply shot themselves in the foot by marketing BB as the "new GG", and there's no way a more casual game could live up to the GG name.

So I hope people will still be playing BB along with GG since they are both worthy. We should be saying "fuck SFIV/Marvel", not BB (we already do hate Capcom, but I digress).

Anyway, hyyyyyyyyyype!!

Actually, I like AE a great deal more than BB.

Anyway, hyyyyyyyyyype!!

I also find it funny most the people I seen bashing on it wanted the BB community to grow. lol the fail

Anyway, hyyyyyyyyyype!!

We hate Capcom now? I dislike a watered down version of guilty gear more than I dislike an entirely different franchise.

GGXXAC with netcode...GET HYPE.

Anyway, hyyyyyyyyyype!!

"stop bashing on bb, it's a good game!"

"fuck mvc and sf though! that shit sucks!"

:IIIIIIII

Hoping to see a Chipp that isn't made of fucking glass in this (if there's a rebalance, of course).
Even though I wouldn't mind that, I seriously doubt Chipp nor anyone will have major rebalancing (but then again all I really wanted was netplay; HD upscaling is just icing for me).

i doubt that they would make balance changes on the cast for this ac+, but if they do some, i only pray for a better deffense moddifier, so far chipp feels very strong (until you get hit >_>)

Yeah but Chipp resisted a lot fucking more in Reload and Slash.

in slash maybe, and i still believe that its debatable, perhaps it feels that way because the damage output on slash was less scaring compared to reload or ac

on #reload he could easily die in 2 combos

Actually, I like AE a great deal more than BB.

The reverberations of your statement shock and shame your ancestors.

We hate Capcom now? I dislike a watered down version of guilty gear more than I dislike an entirely different franchise.

GGXXAC with netcode...GET HYPE.

This is what I mean. BB isn't a "watered down version of GG", it was simply marketed as GG's spiritual successor, and as I said Arc shot themselves in the foot with that one.

BB is an entirely different franchise.

"stop bashing on bb, it's a good game!"

"fuck mvc and sf though! that shit sucks!"

:IIIIIIII

I'm just efficiently reallocating the hate!

I hope to God this port runs at the same speed as the Naomi version.

quick question: didn't the arcade versions of all the GG games have slow down that the home ports didn't?

usually making it easier to mash out max hits with grand viper.

note: i could be wrong. haven't played GG at an arcade in a very very long time.

Edited by Zazz

BB isn't a "watered down version of GG", it was simply marketed as GG's spiritual successor, and as I said Arc shot themselves in the foot with that one.

...Except it is GG's spiritual successor. Yes, there are differences that make it it's own game, but one simply cannot play both games and not see the direct link between them. And yes, if ASW marketed it as "the new GG" (I only learned of CT a month before it came out on consoles, so I have no idea what marketing was like before then), then you're right that they shot themselves in the foot, but it still wasn't entirely baseless.

quick question: didn't the arcade versions of all the GG games have slow down that the home ports didn't?

usually making it easier to mash out max hits with grand viper.

note: i could be wrong. haven't played GG at an arcade in a very very long time.

I do remember arcade Accent Core does slowmo like fuck sometimes, so I say yes.