Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Mike have you got to fight any Anji's yet. I've seen some good stuff here and there but I feel like there's a lot of new stuff he got that isn't being utilized yet, especially the super late gatling cancels. Then again I don't know if there are many good Anji's left since most of them disappeared towards the end of AC.

What makes you think that playing against new/bad players is annoying? I'll admit it can be a bit boring, but I'm pretty sure most people here would love to help you get up to competitive standards.

Mike have you got to fight any Anji's yet. I've seen some good stuff here and there but I feel like there's a lot of new stuff he got that isn't being utilized yet, especially the super late gatling cancels. Then again I don't know if there are many good Anji's left since most of them disappeared towards the end of AC.

Yea, I have fought a decent amount of Anji players. There are a few that play at Game Platon and I also fought AGF. The matchup feels fairly similar. Faust has to be very careful not to mess around in the air too much if Anji has 25% tension because that "soul throw" force break (sorry I don't know the real move name) will grab me out of just about anything and it is super fast. I also was caught off guard by standing dust being able to be canceled now a few times. I still need a bit more experience against Anji to get more used to the small changes. I didn't fight any Anjis last weekend, so it isn't very fresh in my head. Let me know if you have any specific things you want me to look out for next time. I plan to play at Game Platon again this weekend so I am bound to fight Anji since there are like 3 Anji players there lol.

Cool, thanks for the info. The main thing im curious to see is if they are using his new ability to cancel into gatlings on the last possible active frame of move for frame traps. I'm also curious to see how many really try to crank guard gauge with the new moves and blockstrings. It feels like from the known changes that they were really trying to bring his gameplay back to slash somewhat.

Thanks for the framerate infos, guys. I'll try that FDC float thing with Chipp next time I play him.

Also, has anyone seen a mediocre or halfway decent Justice player yet for AC+R? I really want to know how her matchups are going to end up. It just seems like it's no contest with Zappa...but are there options?

Also, has anyone seen a mediocre or halfway decent Justice player yet for AC+R? I really want to know how her matchups are going to end up. It just seems like it's no contest with Zappa...but are there options?
Renkon is a Justice player that has shown up a lot in Mikado videos. I dunno that anyone's particularly good with her yet, given that she's new and not as easy-mode as Kliff, but if anyone's worth watching, it's probably Renkon.

Blade, remember chipp's j2k just cancels his forward momentum, so he won't actually float. Since faust's j2k slows his vertical momentum, his fdc causes him to float.

And I-No's j.D causes her to actually float, so she can gatling into FDC j.D to bounce and try to cross up during aerial blockstrings. Just try not to burst.

Man, so much good stuff is coming out in about a week. We get GGAC+ online, Virtue's Last Reward, I think Unfinished Swan is this week too. :yaaay:

Mike

Renkon

Kusoru (only for trolls)

Thanks TheRealBobMan for the reaction info, I found it to be an intriguing read.

Any reason why ABA is so low? She looks like a megabeast from what I've seen Tsubu do. Is it the typical built in limitations that are holding her back (KDx3 = IK, normal mode, etc?).

Elven, have you played any ABAs yet?

man im pretty hype now, even if its just for AC+ for the time being, hopefully R happens within a reasonable timeframe. too bad I'm going to be busy until the 28th :/

for real though kliff looks so dumb.

Minion - ABA is still the only character in the game that I have yet to fight.

Doragon - Well, last weekend I was playing version 1.01 the whole time. I don't know any specific changes except for the list that was already posted. It is probably accurate. I don't think the new version is really very different. Just a few minor bug fixes and tweaks.

I can't wait for oct 24. I haven't touched GG since 08 or 07, and all this time I haven't played a fighter even close to GG quality.

I feel like playing GG in the arcades again, but is there even an arcade that has GG in southern cali anymore? Or anyone that really plays this game still? This gg forum looks dead compared to the last time I came here.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/16/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-confirmed-for-xbla-release-in-the-west/

so i guess this does confirm it coming out on the 360 on oct 24th in the us (hopefully)

wondering if all the win quotes and story mode stuff is gonna be in japanese tho

But... that stuff's already been translated on the ps2 release, so...

Mike, I thought they were just loketesting certain locations (or did you say you were playing at akiba club sega? i heard you mention ogawa so i guess that means yeah), but I guess they just updated the game? I thought the website said game balance changes. Also, do you play on old(sd) and new(hd) monitors without noticing a difference, or does everyone pretty much try to play on sd cabs? I've noticed some videos with sidebars, but most of the ones uploaded seem to lack them, and i read some people early in the game's release complain on twitter about lag at certain arcade locations.

I can't wait for oct 24. I haven't touched GG since 08 or 07, and all this time I haven't played a fighter even close to GG quality.

I feel like playing GG in the arcades again, but is there even an arcade that has GG in southern cali anymore? Or anyone that really plays this game still? This gg forum looks dead compared to the last time I came here.

The only one left is FFA (Family Fun Arcade) in Granada Hills, running Accent Core, which a couple of us still frequent. There's also Japan Arcade in Little Tokyo, but they only have XX and there's usually something wrong with it.

Unfortunately FFA is scheduled to close at the end of the year...