Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

That is great to hear! Do they practice that for all XBL content?

If by "they" you mean ASW, they've never really done anything like this before, and it's not really common, especially with Japanese developers.

You should be able to get every version on the same day regardless of region - if you're on XBL. US and EU PSN have an unknown delay in addition to the Japanese PSN delay.

If by "they" you mean ASW, they've never really done anything like this before, and it's not really common, especially with Japanese developers.

You should be able to get every version on the same day regardless of region - if you're on XBL. US and EU PSN have an unknown delay in addition to the Japanese PSN delay.

Thanks, I was wondering about general xbl store system, since psn store got different content for different regions.

You're a nice guy actually :)

I am very sure this is because Microsoft insists that anything released multiplatform requires them to get it first or EAD. It's a stupid practice, TBH.

They figure as long as their own users get it first everyone else can EAD. Buy XBox if you don't like it.

Star, don't be a idiot when you just came back. Microsoft sometimes will buy a companies time release to get more sales. No where in the ASW marketing did it state "FIRST ON XBOX!" or any Microsoft related advertising. Both platform have their own reviewing process before content can go up. PSN Store is having a complete layout change throughout the different regions atm. It is more likely that either a delay in the review of the content or a discission to delay because of the store changes. Now for Microsoft arcade content it's the following when it comes to regions: "online content must simultaneously release on Xbox Live Marketplace in all regions where the game is available".

how would you classify roboky's 6p and 2hs then

those are projecties that have to be FDed in the air

Indeed sir, another exceptions, thanks for bringing it up! I stand corrected, even among projectiles the rule doesn't always apply.

how would you classify roboky's 6p and 2hs then

those are projecties that have to be FDed in the air

I don't recall 2H needing FD(will test) and I'm not sure that 6P is a projectile(I've never seen it flicked before).

EDIT: But Johnny's MFs need to be faultless guarded and they are projectiles(even if partially)

Edited by reaVer

I don't recall 2H needing FD(will test) and I'm not sure that 6P is a projectile(I've never seen it flicked before).

EDIT: But Johnny's MFs need to be faultless guarded and they are projectiles(even if partially)

Robo's 2H definitely needs to be FD'd. "The Rule" should really be, "if the attacking character is grounded, then that attack should be considered air-unblockable." Sol's HS VV for example, is air unblockable even at the apex of his upwards movement. His air VV however, is not air unblockable.

Johnny's MF is a good example of the projectile rule as well. Potemkin can flick the visible "slash" portion of Johnny's MF.

As far as Robo's 6P is concerned, I imagine it works like Johnny's MF. The "projectile" property and the "air unblockable" property are mutually exclusive, and can be assigned basically however they want to be. I-no's far 5S for example, is not air-unblockable late in it's animation. I'm not sure about early on, but I want to say it just isn't an air-unblockable move period.

Another thing about Potemkin's FDB (flick) is that it breaks a lot of standard rules about being a projectile. Namely that it can be RC'd when the attack fails to reflect anything.

The game is weird. For the most part though, the "while grounded, physical strikes from a character are air-unblockable" concept is very very consistent.

EDIT: Yeah, Robo's 6P can nullify other projectiles. Use stun edge as a reference.

People be telling me that I'm wasting meter for knockdown and I should just super for damage. WTH. Someone help me here.

"See you just spent 50 meter total when you can just super. That's why you can't do damage."

@_@

Edited by Star-Demon

Consistency is good for keeping lower level players in the game, but it's irrelevant at mid to high levels of play. IMO It's important in certain kinds of games, especially in games with a lot of visual noise (team games), but in one vs one games it's pretty easy to discern what's an exception.

Hidden inconsistency is worse. You can tell what's hitting you out of the air and what isn't in P4A, at a glance, you can't tell characters have different wakeup times in GG... This is why high consistency is important in a visually noisy and hard to understand game (such as an MMO or MOBA where tons of players are active and shooting particles everywhere). Essentially, if you can learn the inconsistency quickly, it's not a big deal.

If you want to think GG is better than BB, there are a lot of other reasons IMO. GG has some of the best pacing out of any FG, while BB has some of the worst.

GG is a lot faster, but the pace is really good more importantly. The way frame advantage/chains works, how knockdowns are rewarded, the distance to the corner and the damage are very well managed. It's a much more exciting and intense game because of that.

I think the chars are a little less diverse than Blazblue in design, but most characters have more options than BB or P4A as a whole.

Wow hit it right on the nail.

I couldn't play Blazblue because it played like a shitty version of Guilty Gear.

Oh no back to 2008 again.

People be telling me that I'm wasting meter for knockdown and I should just super for damage. WTH. Someone help me here.

"See you just spent 50 meter total when you can just super. That's why you can't do damage."

@_@

The people telling you this are either A) Bad or B) Lying to you. You can get damage fine as any character in this game (cept Bridget and even then...) and Knockdown is strong in GG so you can get MORE damage off of good oki. If Damage were king and KD didn't matter, Millia wouldn't be higher than Jam or Slayer in the GGAC tier list.

The people telling you this are either A) Bad or B) Lying to you. You can get damage fine as any character in this game (cept Bridget and even then...) and Knockdown is strong in GG so you can get MORE damage off of good oki. If Damage were king and KD didn't matter, Millia wouldn't be higher than Jam or Slayer in the GGAC tier list.

Exactly - even though it looks like I work 5 times harder I get corner and knockdown. I then attempt to 50/50 or ANYTHING else and if I hit I get to build meter or start over.

You can't just take the amount of damage you get and divide by meter! Scrub logic, or they trying to troll me hard.

Exactly - even though it looks like I work 5 times harder I get corner and knockdown. I then attempt to 50/50 or ANYTHING else and if I hit I get to build meter or start over.

You can't just take the amount of damage you get and divide by meter! Scrub logic, or they trying to troll me hard.

Pretty much.

General rule of thumb for GG.. if you can get a knockdown you do that, damage only comes first if you land a counter hit/guard meter is high(judgement call still), or if it's going to kill them. Oki and Offense is just way too strong in GG to let it pass up for a bit more damage.

That video, you RC'd once lol, but uhh you sure sol couldn't tech that? I haven't played since 2008 so I could be fuzzy on that.

Also fuck Baiken. Hate that bitch char.

Edited by burningvigor

That video, you RC'd once lol, but uhh you sure sol couldn't tech that? I haven't played since 2008 so I could be fuzzy on that.

Also fuck Baiken. Hate that bitch char.

He's set to tech. Beat is red. Am I missing something?

I don't see why people hate her when there's answers to anything she does just like any other character.

He's set to tech. Beat is red. Am I missing something?

I don't see why people hate her when there's answers to anything she does just like any other character.

Wow the untechable time for her j.D is that long in AC? Also correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't forward tech makes you tech out faster or somewhat before you hit the floor? I swear I was told that back in reload but never really studied that.

Oh people hate her not because they can't deal with it, but because she forces people outside their comfort zone. She's the only char that you have to think twice before pressuring while she's blocking.

Basically she's is annoying, and any Baiken player who says she's not is lying.

Hmm... well, the problem with the video is not that you didn't super, it's that the RC you use is completely unnecessary. You used it to airdash in for a j.s, j.d when you could have done that anyway by simply waiting for the recovery of j.d and airdashing near the ground. timing is harder, but it's free, and you can still frc the j.d and do an air tatami before you land. You may not need the meter for a super, but it's not good to waste it just because you have it. If you can learn the harder combo for less meter, you'll have more opportunities to do more damage, because you won't have to wait as long to have meter for your combo.

burning vigor: neutral tech is like 1 frame slower than front or back tech, but if you could have teched out period, the beat counter turns black, indicating that it wasn't a true combo. in other words, no matter what you set the computer to do in training mode, the beat counter will still darken if they could have teched.

Edited by doragonkoroshi

burning vigor: neutral tech is like 1 frame slower than front or back tech, but if you could have teched out period, the beat counter turns black, indicating that it wasn't a true combo. in other words, no matter what you set the computer to do in training mode, the beat counter will still darken if they could have teched.

Well I know black beat, but if the Cpu was set to tech neutral you wouldn't know if they could of teched out before he hit the floor if it depended on that 1 frame. I do remember doing combos in training mode thinking, "Oh it knockdown, but set to tech forward they teched out before hitting the floor."

Well thanks for that info about that, didn't really know how much faster it was.

Well I know black beat, but if the Cpu was set to tech neutral you wouldn't know if they could of teched out before he hit the floor if it depended on that 1 frame. I do remember doing combos in training mode thinking, "Oh it knockdown, but set to tech forward they teched out before hitting the floor."

Well thanks for that info about that, didn't really know how much faster it was.

Yea it's important to remember in GG forward or backward teching is allowed sooner then neutral teching. But in this case it is true knockdown. Also as doragon said, that combo isnt meter efficient. I'll add some info on it for you as reply to your post in the baiken forum about that.

Ah, I do see what you're saying, but yeah, j.d is hella untechable. So in other words, the combo itself might be valid, but if you have the opponent set to neutral tech, it might not necessarily be a legit knockdown, and it wouldn't show in the beat counter because they weren't able to tech in between any of the actual hits. In this case it was, and if you set it to back or forward tech, you'll always be able to tell.

On the topic of beat counter, and bringing it back to +R, does regular AC reset the beat counter when you throw a burst? I don't get burst throws too often, so I don't remember what happens, and I do remember that throwing techs used to NOT reset the beat counter until AC, but I haven't seen what happens in that situation in +R. What I have seen is a burst throw, and a burst attempt of eddie's puddle where they end up stuck in the puddle, and the beat counter keeps going up instead of resetting. Is this a change from regular AC or just something I never really noticed before?

Ah, I do see what you're saying, but yeah, j.d is hella untechable. So in other words, the combo itself might be valid, but if you have the opponent set to neutral tech, it might not necessarily be a legit knockdown, and it wouldn't show in the beat counter because they weren't able to tech in between any of the actual hits. In this case it was, and if you set it to back or forward tech, you'll always be able to tell.

On the topic of beat counter, and bringing it back to +R, does regular AC reset the beat counter when you throw a burst? I don't get burst throws too often, so I don't remember what happens, and I do remember that throwing techs used to NOT reset the beat counter until AC, but I haven't seen what happens in that situation in +R. What I have seen is a burst throw, and a burst attempt of eddie's puddle where they end up stuck in the puddle, and the beat counter keeps going up instead of resetting. Is this a change from regular AC or just something I never really noticed before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsTyEM0FeOU

it doesn't here