Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

enjoying the game a lot so far, axl is great, and the axl subforum is fucking fantastic

Wait, no lobbies? So how can we play with people on our friends' list?

hit x or whatever the button is when you've hosted a game

invite friend

done

Edited by Mightfo

So what character is the most used online? Least?

Lots of Baiken, Ky, and Sol players. Haven't seen any Jam, Millia, Anji, or Dizzy yet.

So what character is the most used online? Least?

Eddie Testament Sol Potemkin and Jam are the most used in Cali online.

I haven't ran into Axl or Baiken yet. Every other char I've seen used though.

No kidding about the skill level. Half the people I've played so far are just godlike obviously hardcore players, 30 percent have clear fg fundamentals down and are pretty good and then 20 percent are mashing dp

I only have like 30-40 percent wins lol

But I'm having fun and learning the game. Never touched it until now, millia is very fun and reminds me of chie except 5 times faster

Overall I'm surprised how fucking fast the game is. It's a ton faster than p4u

Edited by jailhousefrog89

So Q for u guys saying the online sucks. Are you ALWAYS playing matches that show best connection and still getting tons of lag or are you playing matches indicated as not optimal and still complaining? Just curious honestly. Even in Japan I only accept matches that are shown to be optimal connection pre match and I never have problems (I'm talking about other games cuz I dont have this game yet.) I'm just curious if it's really as bad as some ppl say or of ppl are just playing matches with shitty connections and are hoping it will be playable when thy shouldnt be

From personal experience, I feel like there is too much of a difference between the ppl I can play and the ppl I can't play. If i try to play with someone with a 0 bar connection I'll be lagging 20 frames or more behind. If i play with someone 1 or more bars, I'll be playing seamlessly most of the time. I feel it really isn't that bad, but it could be better. I've heard other ppl have much worse problems than me, like not having a decent connection the whole day even when picking the most optimal connections.

^So the biggest issue is inconsistency? When you're playing on a "good" (minimal lag) connection, how often do you experience lag spikes/slowdown/dropped inputs?

I'm glad the port itself is solid (no inconsistencies with the arcade version hopefully--anyone check for missing gatlings?), but hearing the netcode is lackluster combined with the bare-bones approach (no lobbies, no new modes like Challenge or Tutorial for newcomers, etc) is disappointing. I realize there's only so much ArcSys can budget for a $15 XBLA/PSN port, but I really would have preferred them to make a disc release if I had known the effort put into the DD port was going to be so minimal. I would have gladly paid $30-$60 for the features I mentioned and better netcode and I know most GG purists would have as well.

Take my opinions with a heap of salt since I admittedly haven't tried the netplay yet, but here's hoping they at least patch the netcode for AC+ and step it up on the robustness of the release for AC+R.

here's hoping they at least patch the netcode for AC+ and step it up on the robustness of the release for AC+R.

I wouldn't doubt Arc to milk their fan's. +R won't be free, so it'll probably have a trailer of added online stuff to help sell it.

Yup, it's a bit inconsistent in terms of the online quality. However, whenever i host a match, i never seem to have any laggy matches. The same can't be said when I join other ppl's matches. This may be due to the opponent only joining good connection lines or possibly that the online quality is hugely affected by the host.

When I'm playing a "good" connection, most of the time I only experience some slowdowns or the "waiting for connection" sign. This happens fairly inconsistently. Sometimes I'll have opponents where these issues might arise once a match or more, or sometimes every round.

@vigor: I would gladly pay to support this game. They need to make money off of the effort to port AC to xbox/ps3, and they need to be paid for the work that went into making +R, and the effort that will then take to put on xbox/ps3. Even if the game was mostly complete in the first place, and even if it was a minimal effort, it still costs man hours, and it probably wasn't exactly cheap for them, even if it was cheaper than making a new game from the ground up. I hope they make as much money off of this as they can, and I hope they are then encouraged to keep breathing new life into the series in whatever way possible.

@vigor: I would gladly pay to support this game. They need to make money off of the effort to port AC to xbox/ps3, and they need to be paid for the work that went into making +R, and the effort that will then take to put on xbox/ps3. Even if the game was mostly complete in the first place, and even if it was a minimal effort, it still costs man hours, and it probably wasn't exactly cheap for them, even if it was cheaper than making a new game from the ground up. I hope they make as much money off of this as they can, and I hope they are then encouraged to keep breathing new life into the series in whatever way possible.

Oh don't get me wrong. I would pay 100 dollars for this xbox psn version as is right now. Favorite fighter by far, but that doesn't mean I can't see this was a lazy job on purpose. To me it seems like they put little effort(no adjusting bgm volume really?) or left out typical functions, but will put them in for +R patch.

Just a business practice to show that dling +R is not just balance tweaks, but new online functions will be added. Similar to SF4 and SSF4 and SSF4AE etc. Every version expanded online.

Well I could be wrong and +R doesn't do a damn thing except add the tweaks lol.

Oh don't get me wrong. I would pay 100 dollars for this xbox psn version as is right now. Favorite fighter by far, but that doesn't mean I can't see this was a lazy job on purpose. To me it seems like they put little effort(no adjusting bgm volume really?) or left out typical functions, but will put them in for +R patch.

Just a business practice to show that dling +R is not just balance tweaks, but new online functions will be added. Similar to SF4 and SSF4 and SSF4AE etc. Every version expanded online.

i thought you could adjust sound volume in the sound options

Well, hopefully that's not the case. I mean I'm sure most people would pay just for the version update, especially since there won't be anyone to play in regular ac when +r drops.

You can adjust the BGM, go to Sound from the main menu.

And I realize you're personally being supportive, but if I hear that ArcSys is "milking" their fanbase one more time, regarding GG, BB, or anything else, people are getting punched.

So has anyone found any bugs/oddities yet with the XBL port? I mean confirmable things, not stuff like "I think it runs faster than _____ version!"

The first strange thing I noticed immediately when I booted it up is that Millia's 5P/2P/j.P have the wrong sound effect (sounds like a slap/hit rather than a stab). At first I thought maybe the demo didn't have all of the sfx unlocked but then I tried the full version and it's the same there.

And then there's the mission mode / invite bug that was mentioned a little ways back. You guys noticed anything else like this?

that "milking" shit is old, retarded and it comes from the same people who idolizes companies that did that exact shit for years (capcom, snk)

quick question, does this game retain the old slowmo that the ps2/wii/psp versions dont?

So has anyone found any bugs/oddities yet with the XBL port? I mean confirmable things, not stuff like "I think it runs faster than _____ version!"

The first strange thing I noticed immediately when I booted it up is that Millia's 5P/2P/j.P have the wrong sound effect (sounds like a slap/hit rather than a stab). At first I thought maybe the demo didn't have all of the sfx unlocked but then I tried the full version and it's the same there.

And then there's the mission mode / invite bug that was mentioned a little ways back. You guys noticed anything else like this?

i'd need to recheck but i think roboky's j.D also sounds different on hit from ps2

The 360 port is full of hitsound errors, it's surprising how no one has really noticed. There are two separate problems that I can see, 1: None of the "special" hitsounds work correctly i.e. attacks that have sounds that don't match the attack level. Robo's 2S is a lv3 move, specified to play the lv5 hitsound, but plays the default lv3 instead. Most obvious and jarring is his j.S which supposed to make that awesome "CLANG" noise but doesn't. 2: There seems to be only one "blunt" sound that is used for all non-slash attacks. e.g. Potemkin's 5P sounds the same as his 5H.

I thought this was a weird netcode bug at first but apparently it's the same offline. Really hoping the PSN ver doesn't have the same issue.

(also first post, hi)

You can adjust the BGM, go to Sound from the main menu.

And I realize you're personally being supportive, but if I hear that ArcSys is "milking" their fanbase one more time, regarding GG, BB, or anything else, people are getting punched.

Well it's true and there is no reason to hate them for it. If I were in their shoes I'd do it also. Plus it's a nice way for fans to support them anyway.

I swear I went to options in hopes to change the volume and didn't see it. Maybe I was blind since I was more eager to just go online right away.

All I saw were to change Sol / O.Sol voice and fade or mute music on victory.

^Sol's voice options are in "Help & Options." This is not to be confused with "Sound," which is a completely different main menu choice as it's a combination sound options/sound test menu.

And no, it's not true. "Milking" implies ArcSys is taking advantage of their fanbase using shady/unethical business practices. The idiotic un-logic propelling such beliefs is, "They're just being greedy and trying to milk us for our money!" The reality is that they're a business whose primary income comes from selling a handful of niche video games. Software, including games, already has a razor thin profit margin. Combine this with the facts that ArcSys is a very small studio (much smaller than people realize) and that their only "main" series are GG, BB, and P4A. If anyone is retarded enough to believe, "Welp, we released this year's iteration of BB for this year, time to sit back and sip muay thais while we watch profits roll in for 12 months" they're living in a fantasy land.

"Entitled" is a word I believe is thrown around way too haphazardly these days regarding gaming, but there are just as many situations where it's perfectly apt, and it's the first word that comes to mind when I see people bitching on forums anout how they had to pay money for something that cost money to create like a bunch of spoiled children. ArcSys simply could not survive by releasing as few titles as they do per year while still having money to devote to new developments such as this port.

Edited by Skeletal Minion

Can someone split the console release of GGAC topic with the arcade release of +R? At the time we thought we were getting +R, but we aren't for a bit, so they are really separate topics.

So has anyone found any bugs/oddities yet with the XBL port?

I can't really confirm it but from playing it with the analog stick on the 360 controller, it feels like something's broken. I consider myself at least an average player of fighters and I've used the analog for all of them, but I simply can not get HCB-F moves to come out no matter what I do. The Half Circles and DP motion just seem to work when they want to.

D-pad works fine but I really think there's something wrong with the controls. Would love it if there was some others who could test it out as well.