Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Are they ever gonna release this on xlive on european countries that still lack it? I guess you can't pull the japanese version shenanigans on xbox but I'm really not into bying used ps3 for AC+ only either. Considering ps3 has input lag compared to x360 making xbox the superior console for fighting games in general. Now they like dug up ggx from the grave but when they saw the head rising they bashed it back in with a fucking shovel.

Meh it doesn't seem like that many pro players are playing online anyway(netcode probably). If my win rate is 80% mainly playing Bridget like reload version, then wtf. I mean my skill level is just a little above average(can't block for shit). Hurry up you guys, friend list me and kick my ass.

I feel bad for Slayer players though. Links must be a bitch if there is a slight delay.

Slayer's cancels/links are muscle memory and tend to be fine. Things that tend to be affected by lag is decision making, reaction time and accuracy.

EDIT: People interested in a complaint thread where we index all current issues and prepare a letter to arcsys (telling them how angry we are) to give them a list of things we want to see resolved?

Edited by reaVer

Whenever I vs a Slayer player they always drop their combos, especially the 2HS after 2K. Maybe they're not that good though.

I'm still thinking +R will be the patch to update a lot of online stuff.

Considering ps3 has input lag compared to x360 making xbox the superior console for fighting games in general.

Pretty sure this has only been proven for SF4.

Yo Teyah, did you run those tests on xbox version yet? Didn't you say something about testing game speed and input lag compared to ps2 and arcade versions?

Considering ps3 has input lag compared to x360 making xbox the superior console for fighting games in general.

Who told you this fallacy?

Outside MVC3 and SF4 and their updates, every other FG runs exactly the same in both consoles, and those 2 run differently not because input delay, but different frame rate for sf4 (1 frame slower iirc) and frame rate drops on specific stages (mvc3), and this is only because capcom sucks monkey balls on making their games identical for the console that is not the leading one on the developing phase, just look at SFXT, it runs better on PS3 than 360

Edited by Hecatom

lol, anyways, I'm up for ass-kicking online, but that's if I can get all of the 30 achs. done...Very sadistic...>_>

But I'll still have time for Online too if necessary.

I've been yelling on Twitter to get the game released in Finland, and now it has appeared on the Xbox live site with a release date 9.11.2012. It wasn't there earlier so maybe it really is coming to Finland (and most likely to other European countries).

Yea, game runs just fine on PS3 (offline). I don't get why people are already condemning the PS3 version as being laggy by default. If they would just fix the damn matchmaking online it wouldn't even be that bad since the majority of my matches have little to no noticeable lag. (I still get lag bad lag on some but this could easily be remedied by fixing fucking matchmaking so I can see green connections....)

The whole "PS3 has more input lag than 360" theory is a crock of shit, people need to realize that is entirely false. It's up to the developers to port the game properly.

The only proven one I remember is PS3's emulation of PS1/PS2 games having input lag.

Yeah i don't why they condemn the netplay last night i had some good match with like little to no lag and even think i played some player from JP with with little lag im happy with it so far.

SF4 has an extra frame of input delay on the PS3 version. No one has done any scientific tests on any other games as far as I can tell. Maybe for Marvel 3 as well.

That's where the rumor started. I'm not really familiar with PS3 hardware or development or anything, so it could be for real, just no one's done any scientific testing on the matter.

Once it hits PSN in my area I'll finish my tests and post the results, probably in video format. For those wondering, I used a 60 fps camera + button LEDs to test input delay on several versions of the game.

As of now, I can say with 100% confidence that the 360 version is (to my surprise) 100% lagless at Delay 3-4 native delay on CRT, which is identical to the PS2, Wii, and arcade (emulated) versions. I expected lag mainly because my benchmark was skewed, as I'm too used to #R PC (which I tested to have native delay of 1-2) so everything else feels a bit laggy to me, lol.

^ for reference, is this the same delay as any 360/ps3 fighter? Do you know if this is consistent with an actual arcade ac setup?

Also is there a way to compare game speeds? Xbox feels slower than the ps2, but so does the arcade version.

SF4 has an extra frame of input delay on the PS3 version. No one has done any scientific tests on any other games as far as I can tell. Maybe for Marvel 3 as well.

That's where the rumor started. I'm not really familiar with PS3 hardware or development or anything, so it could be for real, just no one's done any scientific testing on the matter.

If memory serves right, it was due to Capcom forgetting that the PS3 enforces vsync, while the 360 doesn't. They remembered for SFxT, but then forgot to make it a good game in the process. :v:

Yea, game runs just fine on PS3 (offline). I don't get why people are already condemning the PS3 version as being laggy by default. If they would just fix the damn matchmaking online it wouldn't even be that bad since the majority of my matches have little to no noticeable lag. (I still get lag bad lag on some but this could easily be remedied by fixing fucking matchmaking so I can see green connections....)

Because many people is just misinformed, and believes whatever bullshit that they hear or read without even trying to see if is actually true :/

If memory serves right, it was due to Capcom forgetting that the PS3 enforces vsync, while the 360 doesn't. They remembered for SFxT, but then forgot to make it a good game in the process. :v:

The case with SFxT is quite different, as i said, capcom is really bad at the time of optimizing their code for the console that is not the lead one of the project

SF4 and MVC3 where developed on 360 1st so the game runs "better" on the 360, SFxT was developed on PS3 1st, so it runs "better" on PS3, this has been never the case for games from other companies that run identically on both consoles

PS3 SF4 was 1f slower than 360, PS3 Marvel lags inconsistently from graphics overload. 360 Tekken 6 is actually slower than PS3, community made PS3 the standard. So it's definitely situational, based on how devs code the ports. As mentioned above whatever console it was natively coded for usually runs better. I remember hearing that PS2 AC was actually slightly faster than arcade version?

IIRC Blazblue had a bit of frame difference between both console.

The Xbox version ran 2 frames faster.

Matt Coma also mentioned that the Xbox version of P4U had different "timing".

I wouldn't know how to confirm it though.

Just throwing that out there.

Whenever I would play the PS2 version of AC after having been playing strictly arcade only for a year, I always can tell the speed difference immediately. Since I have been playing the PS3 version, I have not noticed any difference between PS3 and arcade game speed. I have not done any actual tests, but it feels just like arcade speed (which IMO is great).

ok i just realized something kinda stupid (not really all that important tho)

if you don't have auto-save on and you do stuff that should get you a picture in gallery mode

since the game auto loads when it opens up to the menu... you'll never get the picture

why the game auto-loads every time it goes to the menu and you can't turn it off, even tho you can turn off auto-save is really stupid