Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

It'd be better if Omega Shift was actually feasible for making you decide whether to play her as a glass cannon or immovable fortress. Perhaps something silly like "costs 50 tension, but your guard bar is at max the entire time, so if your oki and subsequent mixups aren't perfect, you die horribly." As it currently stands, there is pretty much no reason to spend 100 tension on three airdash cancelled j.S into knockdown when you could have just done 6H xx 632146H into basic air combo, then either save that meter for FRC nukes or another 632146H when you need it. Which is all the time.

She might be more fun to play against than to play as. I think the idea itself is fine, just needs a little something i don't know what.

How is the idea of a slow zoner (that gets outzoned by better zoners) any good in a fast paced game? You know what is that little something? actual mobility.

Give her an airdash so she can jump over the Venom balls and take a counterhit 6P combo in the face instead. :v:

I think she was supposed to be better at zoning than she really is in practice, the idea being that if you can keep them out, you don't need to move around much. So they probably thought that giving her mobility would the reward for getting through all the missiles and finally getting to her, or that this would make it too hard to get in in the first place. You can kind of see what they were thinking, it just didn't work out like they thought.

The biggest issue with Justice is she has no way to force damage on defensive opponents that can zone.

If she loses a lifelead vs anyone who can outzone her, she can't win, basically.

All the other zoning characters have reliable ways of forcing damage, which enables them to regain their life lead if they're behind on health. Like, let's pretend Testament suddenly cannot outzone Venom at all ever in the history of the universe no way jose. Testament has a good mixup that enables him to run in and do damage.

Justice has no such luxury.

She needs to be objectively the best zoning character in the game for her design to work, or have decent mobility + a mixup.

Edited by Henaki

Anyone unlock the Slash & #Reload stages and/or the random music option yet?

If you mean for netplay rooms nope. All the S&R stages I have unlocked aren't available when I go online(maybe opponent has to unlock them too? Seems weird that Justice and Kliff don't have their AC/Slash stages too). Still don't know why PS3 version is missing a random music select option. That shit is fucking weird :\

Potemkin O.G. Raekwon187 explained the special+throw break glitch in our Facebook group (thanks man).

Basically, if you do a special ending on 4+H or 6+H during the 2f break window as your opponent performs a throw, you get the break animation AND the move's animation. It's in all versions of GGAC, including arcade, PS2, Wii, and current gen.

It's an imperfection that proves the port's arcade perfectness, ironically enough (aesthetic errors like the sound bugs and weird Eddie stuff notwithstanding). After mulling over it further, I don't think it's that big of a deal anyways, since doing the special before the break window results in it coming out first, either beating/trading/getting beat by the opponent's 6H/4H resulting from their whiffed throw. If the throw's break window ends before the special's input is finished, the player performing the special gets thrown.

i know someone earlier posted an example of the throw break with a move thing but here is the vid i was talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k22ICIhS10s&feature=endscreen&NR=1#t=314

i hope this isn't in ac+r

It doesn't have to be a command grab/special that has an input with HS.

You can do ( Assuming you see it coming ) any command special + HS

For example, You can do Ky's Stund-Edge + HS ( 236S+H) and have that effect as well.

Check out the video I posted in my previous post, Anji does it with his Shitsu.

It doesn't have to be a command grab/special that has an input with HS.

You can do ( Assuming you see it coming ) any command special + HS

For example, You can do Ky's Stund-Edge + HS ( 236S+H) and have that effect as well.

Check out the video I posted in my previous post, Anji does it with his Shitsu.

yeah i realized that once i saw the video you posted that was absolutely nuts

i just thought that the one i posted of throw breaking with an unblockable was kinda dumb

i realize this isn't a common occurrence and that this has been happening since the release of AC almost 6 years ago, but the fact that it can happen at all is kind of retarded

Why didn't H Fuujin come out in that instance instead of Shitsu? Doesn't H have priority over all other buttons aside from D? Do you have to press the buttons in a certain way to get a non-H special to come out instead of an H special in an OS throw-break?

Edited by shinquickman

Why didn't H Fuujin come out in that instance instead of Shitsu? Doesn't H have priority over all other buttons aside from D?

Button Priority is D>P>K>S>H. But if you hit 6P+H at the same time throw happens if possible. That how throw OS work in GG

Yo.

For anyone playing online, what does it mean when your opponent's name is highlighted in red when searching for a match?

Oh snap, you're right. I just remembered the button priority was changed in XX/ to prevent OS FD grabs.

Wrong again. Button priority didn't change.

OS FD was 4H~P/K/S. If you can throw, you are throwing.

If you can't, your 5H will be karacancelled with FD.

And since GGXXSlash you can't karacancel 5H into FD

Shit, Arcsys, when are you going to please us PSN users who are too cheap to create a JP PSN account and pay 1500 yen for GGAC?

also lol justice. All that discussion sounds like the old BBCS Rachel drama, some years ago :kitty:

Just checked that bug. It seems like you can input any! special and add 6H + your special button at the end to get this bug. Doesn't work with 4H unless your special binded to H (you'll get FD or SB).

Few examples for Axl:

[4]6H -Rashou

[4]6S+H - Rensen

6236S+H - S Benten

632146S+H - S Raieisai

63214H - H Raieisai

That bug is 1F. If you input 6H earlier, you'll get special. Later - opponent throw you, but you'll break throw without performing special.