Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

People people people. The last time we were any of the first parties' customer was before the PS2 slim era. We're not their customer, we should stop bothering with them.

FTFY. We hardcore gamers might get ignored, but hey, at least the big three made up for it with duplicated cable box functionality, watered down social media integration, and stupid gimmicks like making Internet Explorer "Better with Kinect," right?

...Right?

:vbang:

/bitter

Real talk though, PSN needs to get their shit together. As one of only two 360 owners in my new local scene, my butt will be beyond mad if the wait causes my local PS3 brethren to end up pulling a Skullgirls community and going, "Whatever, this is taking too fucking long." Their interest seems to already be waning due to the delays, and seeing what I had hoped would be a GG revival end up being so botched is incredibly frustrating.

Edited by Skeletal Minion

Real talk though, PSN needs to get their shit together. As one of only two 360 owners in my new local scene, my butt will be beyond mad if the wait causes my local PS3 brethren to end up pulling a Skullgirls community and going, "Whatever, this is taking too fucking long." Their interest seems to already be waning due to the delays, and seeing what I had hoped would be a GG revival end up being so botched is incredibly frustrating.

Very true. Some of us have it even worse because we live in Europe. I was frustrated that Persona 4 didn't get a release date (it STILL hasn't, except "NOT 2012" !). I was getting people all excited to try out P4:A, but yeah they can't if the game doesn't come out. Fast forward a couple of months, I'm trying to get people to try out Guilty Gear ... guess what ;( Our scene is absurdly small, most of the people play on PS3. Anyways, I decided last week not to keep waiting and got the Japanese version. But right now, there aren't many people in Europe playing Guilty Gear online, so I hope they do release it soon, just to see some more people on there, more people of the same level as myself (which is noob). I'm also fearing that a number of people will just say: "F*** it" if it takes too long to actually come to the EU PSN. It usually updates on Wednesday, but if the US store doesn't have it right now, there's almost 0% chance it will be on the EU PSN today.

Edited by nstalkie

I'm kinda glad since i have lots to do. Following Circ's advice is a good idea- if you have PS2 just stick to it and work on your technology.

my GG career was over before it even began. I've waited so long to become apart of this community. I spent 3weeks training on the nDull version, reading up on my characters tools, watching amazing tutorials and practicing combos. was it all for nothing? I guess I'll just watch all the amazing players and wish I was as good as those guys. *cries* my GG career. :(

There's nothing to stop you from continuing to play with people (in person, even!) via NullDC until the releases are fixed. In the meantime, there's always tournaments to play in. Like that one that's happening this weekend on your side of the country.

my GG career was over before it even began. I've waited so long to become apart of this community. I spent 3weeks training on the nDull version, reading up on my characters tools, watching amazing tutorials and practicing combos. was it all for nothing? I guess I'll just watch all the amazing players and wish I was as good as those guys. *cries* my GG career. :(

Why ? Because the release is a little later than you would have expected ?

That's no good reason IMHO.

If you really can't wait there's always the option of JPN PSN.

The release being later than expected is starting to have the Arcana Heart 3 / Skullgirls effect. If it takes too long all the hype will be dead or everyone that was going to buy it will already have it from JPSN. People buying from the JPSN are mostly people that are already familiar with GG anyway, so it's potentially still ruining an opportunity for the GG scene to expand.

The +R update will help bring the hype back fortunately, as long as it doesn't get botched up too.

But...AC has been available for 5 years :v:

This release does nothing but add netplay (which admittedly isn't that good -and even that has an alternate option-) if this was +R we were talking about I'd understand, but there should be no "dying hype" for a re-re-re-release. The game has since been delayed 2 weeks since release with a worst case scenario of a month-ish, if that's all it takes that won't be too bad, it's not like you're going to be "falling behind" as anyone who was interested in the series has played this already. It's not like it makes it any more difficult to get setups for tournies since people run it on PS2 with CRTs anyways. And it's not like its unavailable at all since many regions have access to the 360 version.

Waiting sucks, but that should not be killing a potential scene of a game that is MORE than accessible if you really want it, now if a major problem persists with +R then there MIGHT be some alarms going off, but for now you have options!

Edited by SolxBaiken

I admit that was a bit of an overstatement, but for a lot of people (myself included), this has been the first opportunity to get GG for a real console. People are getting impatient and just want to be able to practice at home, and it's a perk to not have to bust out the old equipment just to do so.

When talking about killing the potential, well... it kinda is. I've heard more than one person saying if it doesn't come out soon they'll probably just move on, granted these aren't going to be the best players in the world if they're that uncommitted but it bugs me that it's even an issue to begin with.

I think the most frustrating part is that people have been bugging Sony about it, making it very obvious they want to give Sony money, and are largely being ignored.

Damn I can't believe it's not released outside of Japan on psn for this long. Maybe they're just saying "Fuck it, lets release it when we decide to release +R."

I admit that was a bit of an overstatement, but for a lot of people (myself included), this has been the first opportunity to get GG for a real console. People are getting impatient and just want to be able to practice at home, and it's a perk to not have to bust out the old equipment just to do so.

When talking about killing the potential, well... it kinda is. I've heard more than one person saying if it doesn't come out soon they'll probably just move on, granted these aren't going to be the best players in the world if they're that uncommitted but it bugs me that it's even an issue to begin with.

I think the most frustrating part is that people have been bugging Sony about it, making it very obvious they want to give Sony money, and are largely being ignored.

if a delay is all it takes to make those people want to move on then they probably weren't willing to spend the time it takes to get good in the first place

if a delay is all it takes to make those people want to move on then they probably weren't willing to spend the time it takes to get good in the first place

This 100%. If they can't wait a few weeks to get a game that's already out and playable are they really gonna stick with it, even if it does come out? I'd understand if it was like Europe's P4U situation, but waiting a couple weeks shouldn't be a dealbreaker for anyone willing to actually put in time.

Anyone who never played much GG would have to put in a lot of time if they plan to win. I've seen so many people give up already because they can't win.

I still find it amusing when I see people trying to spam c.P on wakeup.

Buy the JP PSN points today, game releases next week. Yeah nah fuck that, I want my release otherwise I'll be tourney fodder next Sunday and I can't have that.

You guys act like having tourney fodder is a bad thing

Been playing this game over a year and a half, doing well from the response I get, and I'm *still* tourney fodder!

Yall need to chillllll.

You guys act like having tourney fodder is a bad thing

You misinterpreted. To clarify, every person here has started out as tourney fodder, noone was instantly good and even now we're still not good when compared to the Japanese players. But that isn't why we play the game, we play the game because we love it and for most of us that has meant that we took our time with this game to understand it and get better.

Unfortunately, for most people this doesn't happen. For most people it's: they see the game, play against someone that is half decent, lose pretty badly and never touch it again(most of em switch to SF or some shit). And that has happened so often now that people expect that people getting in for the hype will not stay in for the long run. This in turn will imply that if you don't want to put any effort into the game, you should probably not even bother to play it.

Again, GG is a fun game, we'd love you to play it. But just know what you're getting yourself into.

I've spent years in the shadows watching many hours of GG footage over the internet, wishing I could be apart of this... sorry GG gods, but it is now time I replace you!

*the legendary story theme*

I'm a scrub, but I'm no ordinary scrub. I will become the scrub that defy the GG gods in the near future. It all started back when reload was ported to the regular Xbox. I remember watching XPlay on TechTV, thought the game was fucking amazing since I love anime. they gave the game top scores(this was before I knew about the FGC) and since I grew up playing fighting games in the arcades it was time to return back to my roots(I kinda stop playing FGs). Since I was a scrub.. I did what we do best, I picked one of the poster characters, Ky Kiske! my brother pick Sol Badguy. The first thing I did was hit the training room, of course, and learned all the special attacks. one of them stood out from the rest. Today, this move is known as 'Ride the Lightning'. It was THE move. The move that guide me out the darkness and into the light. So, I road the lightning through many epic battles, devouring the lowers until that day... when he should up. I will never forget that gamertag, TheEverlastingOne. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't beat him. his power level.. you know the rest. He beat me so bad I lost hope and curled up into a ball near the corner in my room. I cried. My GG career was over before it even begin, but suddenly, a voice called out me and said, "hand over your humanity and let the darkness embrace you, then you will get good at GG." from that day on, I told myself " I will get good at GG!"

Now, it is the year 2012 and GG is making a return while the FGC is booming with youth and gods. This is my chance to achieve what I've been trying to do for years, defy the GG gods! you think all scrubs are the same. some of us are different, fast learners. I started taking gaming serious in 2009 and I haven't failed yet. I'm beast at all current FGs, but not the one I want to play the most. I promise I won't fail you. I will impress you, then I will destroy you. This is the story of a boy who will become a man!

I've spent years in the shadows watching many hours of GG footage over the internet, wishing I could be apart of this... sorry GG gods, but it is now time I replace you!

Now, it is the year 2012 and GG is making a return while the FGC is booming with youth and gods. This is my chance to achieve what I've been trying to do for years, defy the GG gods! you think all scrubs are the same. some of us are different, fast learners. I started taking gaming serious in 2009 and I haven't failed yet. I'm beast at all current FGs, but not the one I want to play the most. I promise I won't fail you. I will impress you, then I will destroy you. This is the story of a boy who will become a man!

Are you.... DAIGO?!?!?!?!?!?

On the other hand, Daigo is nothing but a failure when it comes to GG :(

Are you.... DAIGO?!?!?!?!?!?

On the other hand, Daigo is nothing but a failure when it comes to GG :(

please forgive me. I meant on par with the FGC as a whole. I may not be rank 1, but I'm a threat hiding in the shadows. I want to be an example for other newcomers. I will do my best.

Edited by -Otsdarva-