Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CSE] Noel Vermillion Beginner Question Thread

Does the 6C > 22B has a different timing for each character? I can do it easily on Bang in challenge mode, but I tried with Relius and I can't, he always techs before Haida hits.

I believe its hitbox oriented. Relius and Jin (I'm sure theres more just havent tested it yet), have a small falling hitbox horizontal wise so 22B would simply brush past them.

Yeah, what Raptor said is right which means you'll have to delay the 22B on certain characters to get it to connect.

You guys are right but also wrong.

There are three different kinds of character hitboxes for this example.

The kind that always work (Ragna, Bang, etc)

The kind that it never works on (Makoto, etc)

The kind that works on airgrab, but not for muzzle Filter (Jin, etc)

If Muzzle/Airgrab > 2B > 6C > 22B doesn't work on that character, then instead you can use MF/Airgrab > 2A > 2A > 6C > 22B.

You sacrifice about 300 damage, but heat is the same, and it doesn't really make the rest of the combo any harder due to proration.

It's best to practice both variations, and get to know which characters each variation works on, to optimize your damage.

Im having trouble with this combo:

http://youtu.be/wLwcGbVoiIA?t=2m39s

This is how I do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35I6ZX0FIS4

Anybody can tell me what am I doing wrong u_u

You're dashing too deep.

You need to microdash, meaning as soon as you start moving, that 6C needs to already be coming out. It will make the 6C look like the forward movement is BUILT IN even though it isn't.

when doing 626D(Spring Raid)>66C>236A I find I can't get the optic barrel to work and usual omit it in the combo. Luna is there a trick to this? Like can u instead just walk forward 6C and do it or?

when doing 626D(Spring Raid)>66C>236A I find I can't get the optic barrel to work and usual omit it in the combo. Luna is there a trick to this? Like can u instead just walk forward 6C and do it or?

Nope.

The trick is to delay the 236A, so that they are as low as possible when they get hit by it, then follow up the combo as normal. so it's like:

2D > d.6A > d.6D > (d.5C >) d.6C > SR > Micro Dash 66C > Delay 236A > 66C > j.D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C > BT.

I'll throw this down here. Topic of question is j.D:

Didn't get too much time to play around with this before I got shut down from parents :vbang:

What exactly are the "prerequisites" for doing j.D > land/reload > 2a/2b in CSX. It was pretty braindead in CS2, but it seems sometimes it works and other times it doesn't play as nice:

ie.

When I tried 6a > 6c > 9 > ja > 9 > jc > jd > land > 2a ... i get a red beat combo

But when I did 6a > 6c > 9 > jc > jd > land > 2a ... training dummy techs on the ground

I'll throw this down here. Topic of question is j.D:

Didn't get too much time to play around with this before I got shut down from parents :vbang:

What exactly are the "prerequisites" for doing j.D > land/reload > 2a/2b in CSX. It was pretty braindead in CS2, but it seems sometimes it works and other times it doesn't play as nice:

ie.

When I tried 6a > 6c > 9 > ja > 9 > jc > jd > land > 2a ... i get a red beat combo

But when I did 6a > 6c > 9 > jc > jd > land > 2a ... training dummy techs on the ground

The key is to make sure your opponent is as high as possible, while you yourself jump as low to the ground as possible. Also, Fatal Counter makes it easier.

If you are having 5C come out instead of 6C, relax and watch over your inputs. Since we are trained to micro-dash with 6C, chances are you are pressing C too soon so it would be like 44C6. You don't have to be fast to catch them, but not too slow either. Something that helped me is to have those inputs seperate, like instead 4,4,6C, you can do 4,4,6,C. To be specific it would be like 4,4,6(hold), C.

If 6C hits but the second part whiffs due to your opponent being too close to the ground, a simple 236A can launch high enough for another 6C>(part 2).

Edited: for clarification

Thanks, actually i didn't manage to link the dash correctly... Probably because of Makoto CS2 Crossunder habit when u need to wait a little or your crossunder will become backstep .

So I totally played against your Noel (LunaKage) today on XBL at my friend's house and I wanted to pick her up and maybe replace my Hazama since I cannot do more than 2 reps of the TK loop to save my life. I'm just not sure where to start on picking up a new character because it took me since CS release to finally be 'average'.

Hey folks! I just got a HRAP V3-SA in the mail today. (My first stick - so pumped! :yaaay: )

I realize these things are pretty subjective, but I was curious if any Noel players had strong convictions about button layout.

Currently, I'm using the Type A :abt::bbt::cbt::dbt: layout, my reasoning being that my thumb is going to have more of the the dexterity I want for my :abt: than my forefinger.

Does anyone use Type B :dbt::abt::bbt::cbt:? And if so, do you think it gives you a technical advantage over the other layout?

Hey folks! I just got a HRAP V3-SA in the mail today. (My first stick - so pumped! :yaaay: )

I realize these things are pretty subjective, but I was curious if any Noel players had strong convictions about button layout.

Currently, I'm using the :abt::bbt::cbt::dbt: layout, my reasoning being that my thumb is going to have more of the the dexterity I want for my :abt: than my forefinger.

Does anyone use :dbt::abt::bbt::cbt:? And if so, do you think it gives you a technical advantage over the other layout?

I've always gone Type-B, since I see her drive as a semi-special move rather than just another attack.

ABC

D

The way I see it Type A is the GG Layout, and type B is the anime layout.

Due to the fact that Type B(Normals on top, D on bottom) makes more sense to me, I use that layout for BB, as well as for every anime game, I even use it when I pick up GG.

After reading your responses, going through the arcade stick threads, and doing some experimenting, I've decided to switch to Type-B. It seems to make more sense and feel better for barriers, throws, and rapids - and seems to be more versatile if I end up taking on a sub character or two later on. I was also surprised to realize that my forefinger is much quicker than my thumb, and also requires no wrist movement. Fortunately I've only got a handful of hours invested in Type-A so far.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Hey, everyone!

I've been messing around with the spring raid midscreen combos and somehow 623d>66c just won't connect on ragna. it works on every character except him. do i have to delay a certain move or perhaps omit some before 623d?

another problem i'm having is with the j.D>reload combos. 5D>5C>6C>623D>6C>j.D>reload etc.

here the 6C won't connect on any character except noel and tao. does this combo even work on the other charas or is it simply impossible due to their hitboxes?

thanks in advance!