Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CSE] Noel Vermillion Beginner Question Thread

I see... but is there some alternative haida I can use?

Eh, there does exist a haida, but it's Tager only, and it's not worth the trouble believe me.

Hi everyone, I have some questions to ask and I hope someone could help me.

1st its about this combo

22C > 66C > 6D

Sometimes after I done 66BC > 66C, noel just dashed forward without doing 6C at all

and the timing with 66C > 6D, I know I have to delay the 6D if I want it to hit but I always messed up the timing 80% of the time, could anyone help me with the timing?

I saw the combo thread here, but could anyone point out some of her important/bnb combo that I need to learn first? thanks everyone

Those are her important BnB combos.

you can always not do the 6D part and go right into 236A, it only does 100-200 damage less usually, and it's much easier.

as far as dash canceling goes, you need to make sure you finish the dash cancel before you 66C.

haha I see, I have a lot to learn then~

hmm I still want to utilize her 6D part tho, how much time do one usually get the timing down?

so I have to delay the 66C?

nope, you have to do the exact opposite, your opponent needs to be up decently high, and you need to be JUST close enough, if you're too close you'll cross under and the 236A will whiff, if you're too far away, 6D will just miss.

to get the idea of what height they need to be at, just use 5A > 6A > 6C > 6D, that combo will always work, so just look at how high they are when the 6C part connects.

Just came back from playing Noel again, and realizing 2c got nerf... a question. How good is her 2c>66 reset now? since i'm too used ending my block string with 2c, should i move with her other tools like 5b?

Alright thank you :) oh, how do I connect d.6B > d.6C > d.5B > d.5C ? always seems to miss the 6C to 5B part

That one bugged me too. You need to make sure that every hit of d.6C hits, and to do that, you need to play a little with delaying it. Practice makes perfect in that regard.

alright thank you :) another question through, what are noel's 5A for? I always seems to focus on 5C into a combo instead as her 5A's range are very short

5A is a good pressure tool, if all you're doing is 5C > 3C then you're gonna get punished hard when you fight a good player.

hmm when should I use 5A to pressure? o.o because it almost look like I have to be directly next to my opponent first

Well yes, 5A is extremely short ranged, however it is also super fast, it's one of the fastest moves in the game.

Throwing it out slightly farther away from your opponent where it will miss isn't a bad idea, because if it misses, you are almost completely safe due to how fast it is, but if your opponent tried to throw out a slower move for spacing, your 5A can hit him out of his extended hitbox.

As far as PRESSURE goes, you want to be in your opponent's face to use it, but then again, you need to be in your opponent's face just to pressure with anything. Using 5C at a distance isn't pressure, it's "Spacing", which is another thing you need to be good with, just be careful about how you go about it, and don't get to predictable.

I've been playing the game on very hard and do pretty good in score attack and arcade until I get to tager. He just destroys me. My friend also plays a good tager that I have I really hard time against. Any advice on Noel vs Tager matchups?

The first post hasn't really been updated, but the discussion in here might be helpful.

You should probably be a bit more specific with the trouble you're having in that match-up if you want better advice though.

The first post hasn't really been updated, but the discussion in here might be helpful.

You should probably be a bit more specific with the trouble you're having in that match-up if you want better advice though.

I'm having allot of trouble getting in and getting out without getting punished. If I dash in I get backhanded, and even when I jump in if i have magnitism on me i get airgrabed if i dont get hit with the two hand upward hit that is a fatal counter.

I cant understand the terms 720c, 360a, dfc is X__X I can understand the basic controls but this is new to me I havent explored the dustloop site yet but is there a page where I can find the meaning of this terms?

I cant understand the terms 720c, 360a, dfc is X__X I can understand the basic controls but this is new to me I havent explored the dustloop site yet but is there a page where I can find the meaning of this terms?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8396-Terminology-Used-on-Dustloop-Defined

720C is Tager's command grab super. It means you rotate the stick in a 720 motion (two full spins).

360A is Tager's normal command grab that has invincibility. It means you rotate the stick in a 360 motion (one full spin, although you can do it with a 270 motion instead).

And isn't DFC 'delicious flat chest' or is there another meaning I am too sad to know about?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8396-Terminology-Used-on-Dustloop-Defined

720C is Tager's command grab super. It means you rotate the stick in a 720 motion (two full spins).

360A is Tager's normal command grab that has invincibility. It means you rotate the stick in a 360 motion (one full spin, although you can do it with a 270 motion instead).

And isn't DFC 'delicious flat chest' or is there another meaning I am too sad to know about?

hahaha thanks for the link and the DFC hahaha

Do you guys have any tips on learning 446C during Noel's corner combos?

I can't seem to do it at all. Is it something I will learn after hours of practice, or is there a certain trick to it? (i.e. making two small circles when inputting 236236/214214 or TKing)

Do you guys have any tips on learning 446C during Noel's corner combos?

I can't seem to do it at all. Is it something I will learn after hours of practice, or is there a certain trick to it? (i.e. making two small circles when inputting 236236/214214 or TKing)

Took me 5 minutes to learn.

It's just a timing thing, you need to get used to when Assault through recovers, because if you input the 44 too early, you wont get a dash, and thus 5C will come out and fuck your combo. It's better to input late when you're first learning it, because you actually have a lot of time to input the 44. Basically, what it all comes down to is just making sure you don't do it too early.

Took me 5 minutes to learn.

It's just a timing thing, you need to get used to when Assault through recovers, because if you input the 44 too early, you wont get a dash, and thus 5C will come out and fuck your combo. It's better to input late when you're first learning it, because you actually have a lot of time to input the 44. Basically, what it all comes down to is just making sure you don't do it too early.

Ah, alright, thanks! :)

I see, I think I may have been inputting it too early, since I usually end up doing 5C, which indeed, screwed the whole combo over.

I'll get right to practicing the timing then. Thanks, again.