Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aginor

[CSE] Mu vs Arakune

Is this matchup still mash Habaya and watch for his 100% curse air super? Any new tips? I haven't played against CSX Ara yet, but prolly will do so eventually and wanna go in prepared.

Habaya leaves you open for f of g so I don't recommend using it. Just use lasers and run away all day. It really makes arakune users frustrated. He still has trouble dealing with Mu Cs and DP. If he even tries any mix up, you can just mash him out for the most part until he does like 5a 5a 5d in which case, just DP. 2C and 5C are still really good against him. I'm hesitant about using 6A against him because in CS1 lambda 6A vs arakune j.B would clash quite a bit and j.B ends up winning like you can do it here and if you expect a clash you can DP but it's kind of hard to react to. But yea strategy is still the same.

It is actually "don't let him hitconfirm you twice a round, or die". And I heard in Japan it reads even "don't let him hitconfirm you once a round, or die".

I'm having problems with this matchup.

You say run away all day, but how? I either don't understand how Arakune moves (he moves in the weirdest fashion I have ever seen in a fighting game) or I am not using the right tools/stein setups/normals.

Every match, it's a mad dash to not get cursed. What to do against aggressive Arakune's?

I know 2C, 5C is viable in this matchup but I still feel hapless at times...and I shouldn't feel like that.

You really have to play the lame game against Arakune.

Stay as far away from him as you can, but if he's teleport-happy, you can just dash away, and he can't really do much about it. Use lasers and Habaya to keep him out. Like Agi said, ease off fuzzy balls once he's got enough meter for f of g, because it will make you sad. If he does get in, DP will send him flying across the screen. Occasionally, I'll use command laser to lock down his movement a bit, and give me some time to set up more steins. If he doesn't respect your stein placement and likes jumping around willy-nilly, pop them in his face.

Hardcore zone him until it's over. Rinse, repeat.

Also, watch out for his j.B, it pretty much beats everything.

You really have to play the lame game against Arakune.

Stay as far away from him as you can, but if he's teleport-happy, you can just dash away, and he can't really do much about it. Use lasers and Habaya to keep him out. Like Agi said, ease off fuzzy balls once he's got enough meter for f of g, because it will make you sad. If he does get in, DP will send him flying across the screen. Occasionally, I'll use command laser to lock down his movement a bit, and give me some time to set up MOTre steins. If he doesn't respect your stein placement and likes jumping around willy-nilly, pop them in his face.

Hardcore zone him until it's over. Rinse, repeat.

Also, watch out for his j.B, it pretty much beats everything.

Maybe I'm not zoning/dping enough. Btw, this is cookiehour. Decided to start over. I learned a lot with Mu but I still have kinks to iron out.

'Sup, cookie? :3c

Yeah, the best advice that I can give you is to be as lame as possible, and try not to let him touch you ever.

'Sup, cookie? :3c

Yeah, the best advice that I can give you is to be as lame as possible, and try not to let him touch you ever.

:3 Hi

Ill do my best.@.o

I tend to avoid arakune at close range (more at mid range) when rushing down, he easily gets a combo by hitconfirming from a mashed 5a. So if you somehow messed up doing something, you can easily lose the match (more so if he if he has 50 meter.)

I tend to avoid arakune at close range (more at mid range) when rushing down, he easily gets a combo by hitconfirming from a mashed 5a. So if you somehow messed up doing something, you can easily lose the match (more so if he if he has 50 meter.)

Yeah, I'm gonna need to work on my running and mobility in this match. :sweatdrop: