Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aginor

[CSE] Mu vs Ragna

So is there anything different about this matchup than in CS2? I got blown the fuck up by AkiraS's Ragna but I think it's cause I got nervous and played too impatiently and predictably. Tips for spacing out his 5B? I keep underestimating it's range and get hit by it.

The match-up hasn't changed too much, except that Ragna can pretty much convert any hit to "I just got hit by a truck" damage.

Honestly, I just block 5B most of the time. If I'm feeling gutsy, I'll throw out a 5C to try and clip him at max range, but even then, I find it trades sometimes if I time it improperly. :<

So is there anything different about this matchup than in CS2? I got blown the fuck up by AkiraS's Ragna but I think it's cause I got nervous and played too impatiently and predictably. Tips for spacing out his 5B? I keep underestimating it's range and get hit by it.

I don't think anything has changed. I don't know if its just me or I still need to learn this matchup properly but I get very scared of Ragna. I know Mu has the tools to keep him out but the range of his attacks terrify me.

Unfortunately Ragna can simply press random buttons and get big damage. Just keep him out and lay lame.

Shitty matchup, possibly even? Such a dumb character now.

Just build a laser fortress and keep him away with zoning crap? Honestly, zoning him seems to be the only way to really do anything to him. So playing lame and safe seems to be the best option. Use Steins and Arrows to optimal effectiveness and try to mind game him into blocking and dash in for a hit. Granted that last part never seems to work on people who are ready for it, and getting in close sucks in this match up, so taking the risk that your Ragna player is a meathead doesn't sound sane...

Especially with the garbage truck worth of damage he can do.

I dunno, I honestly haven't played a Ragna since I picked up Mu...I could tell you what the Baki-Ragna match up is like tho. :kitty:

Just build a laser fortress and keep him away with zoning crap? Honestly, zoning him seems to be the only way to really do anything to him. So playing lame and safe seems to be the best option. Use Steins and Arrows to optimal effectiveness and try to mind game him into blocking and dash in for a hit. Granted that last part never seems to work on people who are ready for it, and getting in close sucks in this match up, so taking the risk that your Ragna player is a meathead doesn't sound sane...

Especially with the garbage truck worth of damage he can do.

I dunno, I honestly haven't played a Ragna since I picked up Mu...I could tell you what the Baki-Ragna match up is like tho. :kitty:

Play lame and safe. That's exactly what I was thinking. And be wary of carnage scissors. o n o

Played it a bit today. Have some 'bullet' points

> He can get damage off everything with minimum effort and/or execution. Do not expect them to drop much, be incredibly safe and wary.

> Carnage Scissors still sucks ass. Can still be used to punish dumb shit, though.

> Stay out of 5B range at all times.

> AA as much as you can, keep him honest and don't let him put you in a blockstring. Punish any 6B overheads with Origins.

> If you end up in 5B range 2A is possibly you closest, most dearest friend. End everything in SoD if possible.

> Inferno "Fuck Blocking" Divider is still here. And this time it last lead to roughly 2.5K ish in the corner. Dumb shit.

General Strategy: Keep him out. Abuse strong Oki and above all make him respect you. He can hit hard but Mu can hit even harder, Remember that, He can take a Casual 5K in the corner, You can take 8K, Remember that you have tools too. 214D is strong on wakeup (CS goes through it? idk) Punish all whiffed DP's with a full combo, If he is ID happy, 44 > 6C > The Round his ass. I know this is all situational but this is how I roll.

Ragna is dumber than ever and he hits harder than CS1. You know his tricks so play to your strengths, Keep running and running and running, make him mad then kick his ass.

/Salt + Tiredness + Leftover Vodka Jelly

Side Note:

His 5B is sickening.

:vbang:

Ragna that presses more buttons (read: dash 5b/5c iad j.c all day) will give a harder time than a waiting ragna. Our 5c is slower than his 5b, and it barely out-ranges his 5c. A lot of the times mu's 5c will get CH'd by his 5c if not very well spaced... (Thanks, extended hitbox bs)

Use a lot of superjump/stein/236a/vary air dash directions, and throw out 5c's almost preemptively. I find that you also really need to read well and throw out some good 6c's to make him scared of just dashing in.

It's a real tight running away game vs. ragnas that know what they're doing.

I'd say the matchup is even or 5.5-4.5 ragna's favor, just because his damage/heat gain/return on abare are all so strong.

General Strategy: Keep him out. Abuse strong Oki and above all make him respect you. He can hit hard but Mu can hit even harder, Remember that, He can take a Casual 5K in the corner, You can take 8K, Remember that you have tools too. 214D is strong on wakeup (CS goes through it? idk) Punish all whiffed DP's with a full combo, If he is ID happy, 44 > 6C > The Round his ass. I know this is all situational but this is how I roll.

Ragna is dumber than ever and he hits harder than CS1. You know his tricks so play to your strengths, Keep running and running and running, make him mad then kick his ass.

Don't underestimate Ragna's damage. Yes, he can easily take 4 to 5k in the corner, but off of a good starter or with BK, he'll take way more. Even poverty BK combos will do around 7k. The damage difference is not as significant as you think.

Bottom line: Ragna takes lots of damage, and he takes it whenever he wants.

I completely missed BK. Well...Just Burst.

*And MU still does more :3*

We expect that. Don't be too predictable about bursting his stuff you know.

I wanna say this match-up is even, and just seriously dependent on who gains the momentum first, both of these characters can't take much damage, and both dish out a lot of damage.

If Ragna is doing a blood kain combo, there are a few gaurenteed places to burst, mainly 6d startup and GH startup, nothing they can do about it besides doing a horrible combo or dropping it altogether.

IB > 623 super strong in this matchup.

Omohikane through attempted meaty deadspikes, omohikane is gi-fucking-gantic horizontally, and there's no real way for him to bait it without giving up his oki entirely in a deadspike situation.

Ragna's j.c safejump does not work on µ, uppercut it anyway, he'll be stuck in hitstop on the guardpoint and you're out for free.

6d pressure is weak to 5a mash, uppercuts, supers, the universe and more, you can also jump out.

IB

IB

IB

Ragna that presses more buttons (read: dash 5b/5c iad j.c all day) will give a harder time than a waiting ragna. Our 5c is slower than his 5b, and it barely out-ranges his 5c. A lot of the times mu's 5c will get CH'd by his 5c if not very well spaced... (Thanks, extended hitbox bs)

Use a lot of superjump/stein/236a/vary air dash directions, and throw out 5c's almost preemptively. I find that you also really need to read well and throw out some good 6c's to make him scared of just dashing in.

It's a real tight running away game vs. ragnas that know what they're doing.

I'd say the matchup is even or 5.5-4.5 ragna's favor, just because his damage/heat gain/return on abare are all so strong.

The Ragnas that press more buttons are the ones I seem to be having trouble with.